Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Langfield or Brown?

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Also, I will always be disappointed in the level of abuse directed at him by certain elements of the fans too. Some of it has been disgusting over the years and it must have been hard to deal with. Hope he gets on well at his next club!

Never got more than any other play in my experience. It was Flood's turn on sunday.  ::) I'll never understand why we all get on our own players' backs during a match

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never got more than any other play in my experience. It was Flood's turn on sunday.  ::) I'll never understand why we all get on our own players' backs during a match

Once brought a mate of mine to a Falkirk away game. He was amazed at how much Richie Byrne and Foster got. They were shite right enough but doubt that helped.

For  me its a happy day.    every  keeper makes mistakes and Ward will this season , but what langfield done on numerous occasions was bottle it.  At Tynecastle against the  jutes was enough in one performance to get beheaded. Now we can go over his clean sheet record for all its worth but at the end the day he was one of the main reasons we could not kick on .  do i  wish him well?    I went to his testimonial he got more than enough from  me .  thankfully I will have forgotten about him by the time I go sleep.  and thank fuck for that. 

Oh yeah during the game is one thing, totally agree there but I was more meaning out with games, some of the stick he got on Twitter and on the forums was unbelievable. Totally out of order!

At the end of the day he was a good honest player that obviously loved his time here, had some ups and downs but nothing ever bad enough to deserve the abuse he got.

I’m one of the few that hasn’t had to much of a problem with him, he’s caused me to kick walls and punch floodlight stanchions a few times mind, He’s also saved us on many occasions and we’ve had many far far worse keepers, Good luck to him in the future, His time with us was up but I hope he does well at St Mirren

The young lad Ward looks decent enough but it’s only a loan unfortunately, Brown isn’t any better or worse than clangers imo, so hopefully the young lad Rogers is the business, although with him only getting a one year deal and then being sent out on loan again, it could bite us in the arse if he attracts attention, we could be looking for three new keepers at the end of the season, Taht lad at Dundee looks decent :neutral:

This

Abuse he took was OTT, but he was a consistent weak link - he made the same mistakes over and over again. I'd say that in the world of football over a period of ten years, that is rather frustrating for fans.

Also don't get this "great servant" pish - same as Mackie got. It's pretty easy to be a "great servant" when you're at a big club getting a rather nice wedge every week despite falling short of the standards required, Aberdeen is/was the biggest he was ever going to get, what's so difficult for him staying as long as he had a contract?

Certainly don't wish him any ill, but I'm not going to pretend he was anything other than what he actually was.

I’m one of the few that hasn’t had to much of a problem with him, he’s caused me to kick walls and punch floodlight stanchions a few times mind, He’s also saved us on many occasions and we’ve had many far far worse keepers, Good luck to him in the future, His time with us was up but I hope he does well at St Mirren

The young lad Ward looks decent enough but it’s only a loan unfortunately, Brown isn’t any better or worse than clangers imo, so hopefully the young lad Rogers is the business, although with him only getting a one year deal and then being sent out on loan again, it could bite us in the arse if he attracts attention, we could be looking for three new keepers at the end of the season, Taht lad at Dundee looks decent :neutral:

This

Best of luck to you Jamie. He may not have been our best ever goalkeeper (given we've had some great ones) but he always tried his best IMO and wish him well for the future.

Abuse he took was OTT, but he was a consistent weak link - he made the same mistakes over and over again. I'd say that in the world of football over a period of ten years, that is rather frustrating for fans.

Also don't get this "great servant" pish - same as Mackie got. It's pretty easy to be a "great servant" when you're at a big club getting a rather nice wedge every week despite falling short of the standards required, Aberdeen is/was the biggest he was ever going to get, what's so difficult for him staying as long as he had a contract?

Certainly don't wish him any ill, but I'm not going to pretend he was anything other than what he actually was.

Where've you been Bobby ??? Id agree with that. He was average, kept us in some games, lost us others. I'll never fault his effort or desire and i'll certainly wish him well, but i'll not lose any sleep or shed a tear over him leaving.

Welcome back, Bobby. I'm in complete agreement.

I can't help but notice that it tends to be the further-a-field Dandies that have been less traumatised by Langfield over the years. Lucky you. I don't wish him ill either but I'm glad he's no longer at our club.