Langfield or Brown?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not rate him at all

His mate Szamotulski on the other hand really impressed me in the brief period he played for the Arabs and I recall several united fans being very pissed off when Zaluska came back and Szamotulski left to play for Preston. Shame he is now 39 and screwed his knee not long after leaving scotland.

he's barely played for the tic since he left the arabs in 2009 (28 games according to wikipedia which equates to less than 5 a season) and I reckon he would have been punted a while back had he not been keeping the bench warm for Boruc, Forster & Gordon.

Next!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know he's been far from the best keeper we've ever had, but was sad to read only 3k people turned up to see clangers testimonial. Don't think the opposition would have helped mind, hardly a big name team.

I do hope he finds a suitable club afterwards, surely won't be with us much longer?

He  probably had his best game in a  Aberdeen shirt today  :laughing: and that's truth,  as for low crowd  fans just forked out £26 on Thursday night and if you have your kids as well to  fork out again  couple days later asking bit,  nae abody here got great paying jobs.  As for the game it was decent game  and Scott Wright is going be another great player coming threw,    love his style and can see him getting lot game time as the season goes on. good see rooney get his goal.

Good to hear Hilton! Glad somebody went ;) but aye, I understand why there was, just a shame all things considered. This was announced way before we even knew about Europe and thought with a few goodens like seve turning up it might entice a few more.

As Hilton said Scott Wright did really well when he came on. Very exciting prospect. Also thought Michael Rose did well especially when moved to right back in 2nd half. Impressed again with Quinn. He and Considine formed a good partnership in 2nd half.

Always pleasing to hear that the youth has some good prospects, Scott Wright was getting plaudits last season was he not?

Wee article in today's EE about Clangers, fearing it's his last appearance.  I hope all concerned it is.  Thanks, but wish you all the best.

LANGFIELD FEARS HE HAS PLAYED HIS LAST DONS’ MATCH

KEEPER Jamie Langfield today admitted he fears his testimonial against Brighton will be his last appearance for Aberdeen.

The emotional 35-year-old kissed the Pittodrie turf after their 1-0 victory over the Championship “Seagulls”.

Langfield confirmed he did that because he accepts the game could be his final Dons bow.

Veteran Langfield has dropped to third choice keeper behind Danny Ward, on loan from Liverpool, and Scott Brown.

The former Scotland squad keeper, who has 336 Dons starts, has not even made the bench in the four Europa League ties this season.

Langfield, who has been linked with St Mirren, has a year left on his Dons contract and remains desperate to remain at Pittodrie. However, he admits he may be forced to move on in the hunt for first team football.

And if the testimonial is his Pittodrie farewell, the 2014 League Cup winner will be proud to bow out with another clean sheet.

He said: “I kissed the pitch as it was a little emotional at the end and I knew it could be my final game at Pittodrie for Aberdeen.

“This club has been a massive part of my life for the last 10 years and is something that I cherish.

“It did feel as if that could be my last game at Pittodrie for Aberdeen.

“I don’t want to leave but if there are things going to happen elsewhere, and if I want to play, then it is something I will have to look into.

“I am in no way ready to settle for not playing.

“When I first came to Pittodrie my first game was a clean sheet.

“So if this was to be my last it was good to go out on a high with a clean sheet and a win.

“I am grateful and humble that I had a day like the testimonial to be able to enjoy it.”

Langfield has hardly covered himself in glory with the way he conducts himself on social media and several mistakes in games but which keeper doesn't make fuck up's?

I think we have been spoilt over the years with having top keepers like Leighton, Snelders and Kjaer and not really been able to find anyone up to that level and only having Langfield come close (which isn't even remotely close) has made him a bit of a scapegoat to many.

The level of abuse he is getting on AFC Chat is ridiculous and quite pathetic from so called supporters. So the guy wanted to leave to go to Rangers (RIP) at one point, so what? Which person in their work wouldn't want to go to a bigger employer (at that time not now) and double their wage when they have a career that only lasts a certain amount of time? Many others have done it in the past and I can't say I blame them as it really is a short career.

The neanderthals on AFC Chat really need to get a grip of themselves, Langfield has been at the Dons for 10 years and served the club well. Granted he should have probably been let go a few years ago but that's the managers decision and I am sure if he really wanted to he could have found another club as there have been a lot worse keepers in the SPL over the past few years!

All the best to him I say and good to see he enjoyed his day and last game yesterday.

This was never and will never be my problem with Langfield. My problem with him is that he's shite but always ready with another excuse for being shite or a downright denial that he is shite.

The infamous "Why would I work on my kicking when I'm happy with my kicking form?" tweet is a prime example of his sheer dos-cuntery. He might be a nice guy but I'll be glad to see the back of him as the Aberdeen goalkeeper.

Langfield was never good enough to be Dons keeper and should never have been signed but some of the abuse he took on line was well over the top. Brown is just as bad and does not seem to get anywhere near the same level of abuse.

Langfield was never good enough to be Dons keeper and should never have been signed but some of the abuse he took on line was well over the top. Brown is just as bad and does not seem to get anywhere near the same level of abuse.

A lot to do with their differing attitudes I suspect.

I am sure the levels of abuse would rise  if brown keeps on making blunders  but Langfield brought it all on himself and I have never liked the guy and never will but I went on sunday , maybe half me was wanting make sure he is def going.  best memory of him is dnipro  away  probably my best trip in 30 years going away from home, and my worst well how long you got . I have  forgotten about him already  so will thousands more.

Clangers was a disaster from day one.

Recruited by a disaster of a man.

One who never got gainful employment before or since AFC.

In particular, the ridiculous wage Willie Miller gave the big fat fool.

But on topic, how sick is our club that we paid that incompetent cunt for a whole decade?

And employed another sick cunt, Leighton to facilitate the madness?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m one of the few that hasn’t had to much of a problem with him, he’s caused me to kick walls and punch floodlight stanchions a few times mind, He’s also saved us on many occasions and we’ve had many far far worse keepers, Good luck to him in the future, His time with us was up but I hope he does well at St Mirren

The young lad Ward looks decent enough but it’s only a loan unfortunately, Brown isn’t any better or worse than clangers imo, so hopefully the young lad Rogers is the business, although with him only getting a one year deal and then being sent out on loan again, it could bite us in the arse if he attracts attention, we could be looking for three new keepers at the end of the season, Taht lad at Dundee looks decent :neutral:

The young lad Ward looks decent enough but it’s only a loan unfortunately, Brown isn’t any better or worse than clangers imo, so hopefully the young lad Rogers is the business, although with him only getting a one year deal and then being sent out on loan again, it could bite us in the arse if he attracts attention, we could be looking for three new keepers at the end of the season, Taht lad at Dundee looks decent :neutral:

Doh! :(

Open letter from Langfield, quite nice really.

CMH31y8WsAA6Hf-.jpg

I’m one of the few that hasn’t had to much of a problem with him, he’s caused me to kick walls and punch floodlight stanchions a few times mind, He’s also saved us on many occasions and we’ve had many far far worse keepers, Good luck to him in the future, His time with us was up but I hope he does well at St Mirren

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Also, I will always be disappointed in the level of abuse directed at him by certain elements of the fans too. Some of it has been disgusting over the years and it must have been hard to deal with. Hope he gets on well at his next club!