Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Septic - Dons - Sun12PM

So, this will be the true test to see how far we have come as a squad and team.  Packed away end and hopefully the dhims will be distracted by their clash with Inter on Thursday. The 3-3 result was perfect and hopefully they actually progress as it will be an additional distraction to the league.  On our day, we're more than capable of winning there, that's for sure.

In / Out: In  :headbanger:

Pre match: Probably dying from Subbie

Match: Not sure, home end with PL.

Post Match:  Pub and then airport

Prediction: 2-1 us, McGinn and Daniels

Form guide:

Celtic - WWWWW

Dons - DDWWW

COYR  :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/499582/aberdeen-fc-mclean-relishing-showdown-trip-celtic/

Kenny-McLean-Aberdeen-v-St-Mirren-660x496.jpg

Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean is relishing Sunday’s Premiership trip to champions Celtic as the Dons refuse to give up on the pursuit of the leaders.

McLean impressed in the 3-0 cruise against his former club St Mirren on Saturday.

Adam Rooney scored twice – his 22nd and 23rd goals of the season – before defender Mark Reynolds added a third in a ruthless display.

And midfielder McLean knows how important the trip to Parkhead is.

Celtic defeated Hamilton 4-0 at home yesterday to move three points clear of the Dons and McLean said: “It’s massive. Since I have came to the club everyone has been talking about this game, whether it’s the supporters or the press.

“None of the games going into this were going to be easy but we have handled ourselves very professionally and not looked too far ahead.

“Now Celtic is the next game and we will start preparing for it. Our confidence is up and we are playing well at the moment.

“We are scoring goals and defending well as a team. Can we beat them? I don’t see why not.

“We have got the quality in the squad to beat anyone.”

McLean has stepped up his level of performance in each of his three matches for the Dons and said: “I would say that was my best performance for Aberdeen so far. I knew it was going to take a bit of time to adapt coming here from St Mirren.

“I have settled in pretty quickly and have got up to speed with how we play. I am starting to click with a few of the players.

“There were a times when I should probably have found the back of the net but I am sure the goals will come.

“We’ve scored 10 goals in the last three games and kept clean sheets as well. It’s been great to be part of it and long may it continue.”

McLean has swapped a team struggling against relegation to one contending for the title and despite the criticism of the move by Buddies manager Gary Teale, who claimed the midfielder should have gone to English football, the player is content he made the right decision.

McLean added: “At St Mirren we were always going behind in games and it was a struggle.

“Aberdeen play good, expansive football, we create chances and score goals.

“Winning breeds confidence and playing with better players around me will also make me better.

“‘Everyone has opinions. But as soon I heard Aberdeen were interested, I came up and got it done right away. I was very happy to come here.

“That’s his opinion if he thinks it is the wrong move. I’m just going to keep working hard and see where that takes me.”

Aberdeen defender Ashton Taylor and midfielder Nicky Low will return to training this week and could be in contention for places in the squad for the Celtic match.

Out

Pub

Pub

Pub (then curry house, do love a Sunday sesh when you have Monday off)

2-0 dons, mclean  and rooney

More I think about it the more I reckon it makes sense to go toe to toe from the off. Sitting back will just allow them to conserve energy, to  takeadvantage of a euro hangover it's logical to make them work for possession. It's not like we are not capable of doing so

Actually the guy posting this crap has just deleted his twitter account.....mainly as they Vanguard Bears have found his threats to them and named him.

Had a picture of his loon who plays for Partick Thistle youths under the caption 'Partick Thistle IRA' and the party/him linked to a Celtic-Feynoord account with this in it

jews.jpg

It seems to be mainly Dutch guys but on their FB page folk have actually liked it....https://www.facebook.com/818587844869146/photos/a.818621578199106.1073741828.818587844869146/826373310757266/?type=1&theater

My only experience of Feyenoord fans was when I worked the nightshift at a New Zealand backpackers hostel.

When I came in to start my shift I was told there had been some serious trouble with some guests and both a female guest and one of my female colleagues had been assaulted. Security was meant to have dealt with it but somehow it had been agreed to let the priks stay.

The same girl who was assaulted was meant to be doing the morning shift and was genuinely scared she would have to face her attackers again on her own so I stayed back an extra hour.

At 7am the first of them arrived in reception (Feyenoord tattoos all over his arms) and made a bee-line for her but stopped when I came out of the office.

It then dawned on me that perhaps it hadn't been the best idea to wear my Don's shirt to work.

However if he had aggro on his mind he seemed to think twice and went and sat down to check his emails. His two accomplices turned up (one in a Feyenoord shirt) a few minutes later and again seemed to bottle it when they saw me.

Given I'm about as hard as a Teletubby i can only assume they were either only brave when it came to picking on small German girls, or Aberdeen Football Club fans have some sort of reputation in Rotterdam.

I always wondered how they reacted when they found out they had been banned from both their tour bus and thanks to me, every backpacker hostel and hotel in Wellington.