Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Culjak is ex Bayern Munich u 17's and currently with Borussia Dortmund u19 so guess if it is permanent move it is on for the future.

Allegedly been offered a one year deal and accepted with a view to being in first team squad next season.

Well this is in today's BBC Gossip column:

Aberdeen are working on a season-long loan for goalkeeper Angus Gunn, the 19-year-old son of former Dons number one Bryan and an England youth international, from Manchester City. (The Sun, print edition)

Doesn't sound like we're looking for a new no.1 if i'm honest.

Well this is in today's BBC Gossip column:

Doesn't sound like we're looking for a new no.1 if i'm honest.

Something doesn't add up if this is true

Brown, Clangers, Rogers & Gunn

Can't see it somehow unless someone is going.

If McInnes is sticking with Langfield and Brown for next season then I am not really sure why we would be looking to bring in a young keeper on loan, even if Rogers was going back out on loan again.

Of course it could be possible that McInnes feels this lad could challenge for the No 1 spot.

If McInnes is sticking with Langfield and Brown for next season then I am not really sure why we would be looking to bring in a young keeper on loan, even if Rogers was going back out on loan again.

Of course it could be possible that McInnes feels this lad could challenge for the No 1 spot.

From reading a bit about him, seems like he may be on the verge of the main squad so must be highly regarded at least.  Having Hart to learn from can only be a good thing.

Rogers going out on loan again would be my guess.

Not sure on that Jute.

You'd think that Rogers must have discussed that though before signing new contract. If he goes on loan again then hope it is to higher quality than Dumbarton. Surely he has already proved his worth at that level

Not sure on that Jute.

You'd think that Rogers must have discussed that though before signing new contract. If he goes on loan again then hope it is to higher quality than Dumbarton. Surely he has already proved his worth at that level

Maybe The Rangers if they fail to get promoted?

Not sure on that Jute.

For a goalkeeper, I'm not sure it's quite so much to do with proving his worth at that level, but more an issue of simply getting more minutes on the pitch. Experience is more important for a goalkeeper than almost every other position, and figuring things out in real game situations is invaluable. A different club in the same division will pose different challenges.

If we could get him out on loan to another Premiership team, brilliant. I think that's unlikely though. It's all about minutes on the pitch as far as I'm concerned.

Bolton Wanderers, managed by former Celtic manager Neil Lennon, and Leeds United, whose manager, Uwe Rosler, had Niall McGinn at Brentford, are weighing up a summer move for the 27-year-old Aberdeen forward, who is likely to be tempted by any offer. (The Sun, print edition)

I would hate to see McGinn leave the club but I guess if it were to happen as long as we got a decent tranfer fee for him that could then be reinvested into the playing squad then it may soften the blow.

It something we will have get used to in this transfer window as I think there will be a fair bit of interest in some of our players.

As long as any offers accepted take into account our now much healthier (and debt free) financial status. For the first time in decades our books are balanced and we don't need to accept just any cash that's offered.

Every man has his price.

McGinn is one of our star players.  We're debt free and he's on a decent contract so that price had better have seven figures.

If he wants to go, so be it, but lets get it done quickly so we have time to secure a quality replacement because a McGinn shaped whole in our starting 11 would be hugely negative for us.

McGinn is the best footballer at our club. We'd miss him hugely despite his dip in number of goals scored. If this is true (which is unlikely as it's in The Sun) then it's a worry. We must ensure we get the right fee so we can set about the task of finding a replacement.

McGinn is the best footballer at our club. We'd miss him hugely despite his dip in number of goals scored. If this is true (which is unlikely as it's in The Sun) then it's a worry. We must ensure we get the right fee so we can set about the task of finding a replacement.

Very much this.  I wouldn't want him to go to a mediocre club such as Bolton and scummy Leeds anyway.  I don't think he'd be stupid enough to go to the latter either, a club in absolute turmoil - make the huns look stable.

If it is true, as others have said, i'd expect a massive fee to be paid as he's got plenty of time left and we'd need it to find a decent replacement.  Marley Watkins?  If anyone goes, I want it to be now to allow sufficient time for the club to find the right replacements and time to settle.