Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer Window 2015

St Mirren have accepted an offer from Aberdeen for Kenny McLean and the midfielder is to have a medical with the Pittodrie club.

Should he agree personal terms, he will sign a three-and-half year contract.

The 23-year-old, capped at Scotland Under-21 level, is a product of the Paisley club's youth system and signed a two-year contract extension in July.

That followed speculation he was likely to move to England, with a bid from Fleetwood Town rejected in January.

McLean has made 29 appearances this season, scoring seven goals.

More recently he has been utilised as an emergency striker by manager Gary Teale in the absence through injury of captain Steven Thompson.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much we have agreed on if Fleetwood offered £150,000 and were told it was "way short of the club's valuation"

"St Mirren have rejected an offer for former Scotland Under-21 midfielder Kenny McLean from Fleetwood Town.

The Scottish Premiership club said on their website that "the offer does not come close to the club's valuation of the player".

They also revealed that on-loan winger Adam Drury has returned to parent club Manchester City.

League One outfit Fleetwood are believed to have offered £150,000 for 22-year-old McLean."

Got a decent scoring record.  If we can keep Jack, the two of them would be a good partnership for the remainder of the season.  Could make all the difference.

Can't say I know much about McLean, but welcome aboard.  Let's see what you've got!

He's a player alright Manc, I've been casting admiring glances at him for a wee while now and I'm really pleased by this move by the club.  The two players I would have liked to have signed (realistically speaking anyway) this window were Maclean and Shinnie and we've only gone and bloody done it.  Only 4 hours left and not a mention of jack leaving either  :thumbsup:

As much as its a good signing is it right that I'm a little worried about the fact we've just spent a load of money? We've been in a huge amount of debt for years and have been given a fresh start with the debt being cleared and now all of a sudden. We have 300 grand to spend?

Maybe just too used to everything being frees and loan deals  :-\

Really impressed with the ambition shown by the club. If Jack leaves, McLean's the perfect replacement. If Jack stays, we'll have the best midfield seen at Pittodrie in a long time.

Hopefully McLean will be as successful a signing as Peter Weir, and more successful than Ricky Gillies.

Really impressed with the ambition shown by the club. If Jack leaves, McLean's the perfect replacement. If Jack stays, we'll have the best midfield seen at Pittodrie in a long time.

Hopefully McLean will be as successful a signing as Peter Weir, and more successful than Ricky Gillies.

Since severin and heikkenen IMO. That was arguably one of my favourites (whilst I've been a fan).

Glad to hear that tlg! Look forward to seeing what he can bring to the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're giving trial to Arbroath's Mark Whatley, brought to Gayfield by Sheerin when he was manager there.  Anyone know much about him?

Saw him play for Spartans a few times and he looked too good for that level. Their best player by far. He was also Arbroaths best player in pre season game against us in June.