Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Celeb Deaths

fatjim

Is Harcus killing all his picks himself?

It'll be Sir Harcus soon, for services to Celeb' Death League.  Other managers might try the mind games, but while we all talk the talk in here he's busy doing the business in the dugout.  He seems to be a great motivator.

Good work Harcus. Starting the new season the way you finished the last  :thumbsup:

We should really introduce our candidates, out of respect like  ;) Here's mine:

GeorgeBeverlyShea_small.jpg

George Beverly Shea - Some bible thumping tenor involved with Billy Graham, just turned 100 but probably lived a life of christian goodness so will live to 110!

art.atkinsmug.jpg

Susan Atkins - part of the Manson family, in the slammer and dying of cancer. Had 'weeks to live' in May 2008  >:D

steve_jobs_a.jpg

Mr apple. Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but has undergone successful treatment apparently. Rumours still rife that he has taken out a deposit on the farm.

Mother_Ruby.jpg

Ruby Muhammad - Mother of the nation of Islam. 102 and still breathing.

Guest swaddon

Hmph. Anyone would think Harcus was the only person to have scored in Celeb Deaths this season.  >:(

As for my remaining three, here's a look at them:

NormanWisdom460.jpg

Sir Norman Wisdom, actor famous for falling over a lot, and huge in Albania.

lowet.jpg

'Whispering' Ted Lowe, former snooker commentator.

BETTY_DRIVER.jpg

Coronation Street veteran Betty Driver AKA Betty Turpin.

Henry Allingham

Britain's oldest living man at 112.

140_clip_image001.jpg

Gloria Stuart

Girl in the titanic movie at the start. She is 96.

10847015_profile_mbox_background.jpg

Shirley Bassey

I choose my list just after she went into hospital. She came out fine though. 

shirley12.jpg

Tomoji Tanabe

Oldest living man at the age of 113.

Munduko-gizonik-zaharrena-Hombre-mas-viejo-del-mun-2007061817164810hg2.jpg

tedkennedywikipediaimage.jpg

Ted Kennedy

Youngest brother of JFK and RFK, aged 77.

Has a brain tumor.

_41034307_foot_ap203.jpg

Michael Foot

Former leader of the Labour Party, aged 95.

I'm amazed he's still alive!

3259938_tml.jpg

Herbert Lom

Actor, most notable as Clouseau's boss in the original Pink Panther films, aged 91.

eli-wallach_a204667

Eli Wallach

Actor, was great in The Good The Bad & The Ugly, aged 92.

Hmph. Anyone would think Harcus was the only person to have scored in Celeb Deaths this season.  >:(

You set a good early pace, but your squad will need to keep it going over the rest of the season.  :P

My remaining three.

Vaclav Havel - former Czech PM and author/playwright.

225px-Václav_Havel.jpg

Peter MacBeth - Bassist for The Foundations (of Build Me Up Buttercup fame). Currently serving six years for child abuse. Also terminally ill (cancer of the larynx).

macbeth.jpg

Chemical Ali - Minister in Saddam Hussein's government, also his first cousin. Currently awaiting execution, having been sentenced to hang for a variety of crimes.

chemical_ali_1.jpg

Guest swaddon

You set a good early pace, but your squad will need to keep it going over the rest of the season.  :P

I'm confident my squad is good enough to cope with the challenge this season.

The more balanced squads will see success. You need to have quality all over the park, a solid back line of ageing wrinklies, a strong midfield of terminal illness and if you can get that all important death row striker then you are in with a shot at the title. Of course there can be those surprise packages in the squad, impact players if you like.

Anybody have that dude from Runrig ? Malcolm Jones. He collapsed at Waverley station in Edinburgh on Sunday. He manage to avoid the electric rails although I'm sure he would have been right at home with a few shocking tracks.

Unlucky Harcus...

chemical_ali_1.jpg

No death sentence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7937034.stm

If I'm not mistaken, he may have been jailed for this, but has received two death sentences for various other crimes. However, I'm not really happy with his contribution to the squad. He came with a big reputation and the potential to be great, but hasn't lived up to that as yet.

If I'm not mistaken, he may have been jailed for this, but has received two death sentences for various other crimes. However, I'm not really happy with his contribution to the squad. He came with a big reputation and the potential to be great, but hasn't lived up to that as yet.

Should have just picked Paul Bernard.

Same for me with Susan Atkins. The bitch had weeks to live in July 2008  :hammer:

Don't you just wish the players would do their talking on the pitch and not to the media.

Jade Goody close to death

Jade’s family prepare for the end

Published: 16/03/2009

DYING: Jade Goody’s health is getting worse.

More Pictures

JADE Goody’s family were today readying themselves for the end after the cancer-stricken star deteriorated over the weekend.

“She has put her house in order and faced up to everything in an incredibly brave way,†her friend and publicist Max Clifford said.

“Now we’re waiting for the inevitable, it could be at any time, we just don’t know.â€

Yesterday, Jade was visited at her home in Upshire, Essex, by her young sons, Bobby, 5, and Freddy, 4.

Although Jade was under sedation and spent much of the last two days sleeping, she smiled when she saw her children and was “briefly conscious†of their presence, according to Mr Clifford.

Goody’s mother Jackiey Budden and husband Jack Tweed were also at her bedside.

The family had been hoping for friends and loved ones to visit but the 27-year-old was not well enough.

Goody has reportedly told her sons, who are staying with their television presenter father, Jeff Brazier, she will soon be in heaven.