Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Levein Punted

Kowalski

Aw diddums is little Craigy's feelings hurt or something, its not like he's not getting paid for the next two years is it.

Never mind "legal advice" I'll just give advice.......Potter just fuck off into obscurity you failure. Should have fucked off after Euro Championship qualifiers if you had a single ounce of decency in your body

Former Scotland coach Bertie Vogts sympathises with Craig Levein, who was sacked earlier this month: "When you take over Scotland you have to live with certain things, with the Scottish media and a lot of poor players. I understand, yes.

"Expectations are too high, always. They do not invest many pounds in youth and you have to do that."

Former Scotland coach Bertie Vogts sympathises with Craig Levein, who was sacked earlier this month: "When you take over Scotland you have to live with certain things, with the Scottish media and a lot of poor players. I understand, yes.

"Expectations are too high, always. They do not invest many pounds in youth and you have to do that."

He's got most things on the button does wee Berti! Although the expectations bit is bullshit as most people know, expecting to not stuggle against Liechtenstein and expecting more than 3 victories from competitive games is not very high expectations. However, I'll certainly agree with the other things he's said.

CRAIG LEVEIN has officially launched legal action against the SFA – because he thinks his £35,000-a-month pay off is a bum deal.

Despite managing a paltry three competitive victories in nearly three years in charge the sacked Scotland manager believes he is entitled to his full £700,000 compensation package paid up front.

And SFA chief executive Stewart Regan confirmed last night here in Luxembourg that Levein’s lawyers are now determined to drag the matter into the courts.

The news is likely to stun the majority of the Tartan Army who were calling for Levein’s head after watching Scotland crash out of

contention for the World Cup Finals in Brazil 2014 with just two points from their opening four games of Group A.

Indeed, many fans were outraged that when he was finally axed he left Hampden with such a lucrative golden handshake.

But Levein’s severance cash would only be paid as long as he remained out of work.

That means the former Dundee United manager would have to remain on “gardening leave” for a full 20 months in order to squeeze every last penny out of his former Hampden bosses.

And now he’s set to sue them for the missing money.

Regan said: “Craig feels that, as far as the process is concerned, he doesn’t feel able to carry on with the contract in place.

“He feels that he wants to leave and pursue legal action as opposed to just being paid on a monthly basis. As far as we are concerned that’s now the position we are in.

“We have said the contract has not been terminated and we will continue to honour the contract that remains.

“There was a bit of nonsense in the press concerning some kind of process where Craig had been asked to go into a room and participate in a telephone call.

“I can confirm that is absolutely not the case. Craig was invited to come in and meet the board, he chose not to and he asked to join by telephone if we needed to speak to him.

“That was the end of it. There were no meeting rooms or anything like that.

“As far as the SFA are concerned Craig is entitled to take whatever action he feels appropriate. I confirmed our position, that we had not terminated his contract and had agreed to honour the terms outstanding in what is a legally binding contract.

“But he has chosen to go down a legal route.

“We have now had a letter setting out how he intends to manage the process. So we have handed that over to our legal advisors and as far as the process is concerned now it is with lawyers.”

• 1 month later...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=11139&newsCategoryID=1

Regrettably, the Scottish FA has received notification from lawyers representing Craig Levein that their client has served a writ on the Association.

This notification has been received despite the Scottish FA’s offer to honour Craig’s contract in full, an offer that was made immediately upon the Board’s decision to relieve Craig of his duties on November 5, 2012.

The Scottish FA has since received notification that Craig has chosen to resign, thereby foregoing the offer made to honour his contract in full.

In the notification received, failure to make a proposal in lieu of compensation has been cited. It is the view of the Scottish FA that no such offer is required given Craig’s decision to resign, especially since an offer of mediation was rejected by his legal representatives.

We will make no further comment at this time.

Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, has his lawyers advice fucked him up or are the SFA employing shite lawyers?

I think it is just typical Levein arrogance and failure to admit any wrong doing or incompetence on his behalf. If it were me, I'd happily take the monthly wage whilst either putting my feet up for a bit or improving my golf swing and keeping an eye out for any club management roles coming up.

Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, has his lawyers advice fucked him up or are the SFA employing shite lawyers?

I have the feeling it is the latter.  The quote relating to him having been relieved of his duties "without alternatives having been discussed" is common employment law parlance in disputes like this, just not in the archaic world of "professional" football.

He's basically after a settlement whereby he gets paid up compensation similar to that already offered to him but also gets out of the "gardening leave" arrangement that the SFA put him onto.  There's probably some clause in the SFA arrangement that if he takes another job he'll be due to pay back his compo or some such.