Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

NFL

manc_don

Sky had some of the preseason games on red zone on Saturday night and are showing next weeks Houston v New Orleans preseason game.

Looking forward to the season starting for real although it looks like 9ers are going to win the 1st draft pick prize this year.

Heading over in November to see 9ers play the Cardinals at Levi. First visit to the new stadium so looking forward to it.

Enjoy your trip to the Stadium of Jeans!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your trip to the Stadium of Jeans!

Cheers. Loved the trips to Candlestick in the past and to be honest was a bit gutted when they announced the move to the new stadium however everything I have heard about facilities at Levi makes it sound like it is going to be a great stadium to visit.

If there's one thing America does right it's sporting events. Even if you don't like the sport you can go along and have a great time. Thoroughly enjoyed all the hockey and basketball games I've been to.

Having said that I wouldn't like Football in this country to go down the same route. I'd miss sitting amongst dour faced faced cunts in shite stadia with borderline 3rd world facilities

The cheerleader idea at Pittodrie didn't last long. One freezing night was it.

The whole concept of cheerleaders is an interesting one. The name would suggest that they are there to lead the cheering of the team but isn't there something more sinister at play here? Are cheerleaders not leered at by sad old men? The young girls are dressed to cheer the leerers. Muslims wouldn't approve.

Speaking of which, a moozlim asked at Aberdeen Sports Village yesterday if they had men only swimming sessions. They don't but what is it with men not being able to control their urges, which presumably the segregation philosophy is all about? All a bit fucked up if you ask me. Which you didn't.

The cheerleader idea at Pittodrie didn't last long. One freezing night was it.

The whole concept of cheerleaders is an interesting one. The name would suggest that they are there to lead the cheering of the team but isn't there something more sinister at play here? Are cheerleaders not leered at by sad old men? The young girls are dressed to cheer the leerers. Muslims wouldn't approve.

Speaking of which, a moozlim asked at Aberdeen Sports Village yesterday if they had men only swimming sessions. They don't but what is it with men not being able to control their urges, which presumably the segregation philosophy is all about? All a bit fucked up if you ask me. Which you didn't.

Aye and I don't regret it.  8)

I hope to fuck we don't bow to pressure (which apparently exists) from certain religions to segregate stuff like swimming ffs.  ::)

Aye and I don't regret it.  8)

I hope to fuck we don't bow to pressure (which apparently exists) from certain religions to segregate stuff like swimming ffs.  ::)

Cheerleaders cheer leerers... and Tyrant!

So much for assimilating to the country which gave refugee status.

This is an underused emocion (or whatever they're called): -

:violin:

Perhaps I should frame all my posts to include a line where the use of it is appropriate.

But then that might be a contrivance and that would never do.

The grey sky is a touch depressing. Or it may be that I was drinking for 8 hours last night.

Either way, I'm not feeling full of energy and the hair of the dog might be in order.

• 3 months later...

Rogers is a great QB. He seems to be able to extend plays at will. Still cannot believe 49ers chose to draft Alex Smith instead of him.

9ers season is going almost exactly as predicted with them not even being able to stink for first pick correctly. Trip to Levi however was brilliant despite the defeat last week.

Rogers is a great QB. He seems to be able to extend plays at will. Still cannot believe 49ers chose to draft Alex Smith instead of him.

9ers season is going almost exactly as predicted with them not even being able to stink for first pick correctly. Trip to Levi however was brilliant despite the defeat last week.

How is your fantasy team getting on?  :wave:

• 1 month later...

Fantastic performance by the Denver defence. Vaughan Miller was well deserving of the MVP award with DeMarcus Ware not far behind. I bet Dallas regret not offereing him a new deal last season. The way Denver got after Cam Newton was brilliant. Teach him to wear those Zebra print trousers.

Oh well only 3 months to the draft.

• 7 months later...

Bit of a zombie-bump, but wanted to see if there were any other NFL fans on here...!

This season is weird. Doesn't seem to be a clear-cut frontrunner outside of the Patriots. Surprise package for me are the Vikings - bizarrely look really strong, while lacking their franchise QB and RB. Atlanta seem like a surprise contender too with that hyper-powered offence, D could let them down a la last year's Panthers though. Denver actually look decent again, still got that defence and seem to have actually upgraded at QB and in the O-line.

I'm a Ravens fan, was entirely prepared to be shite again this year but actually look OK. We were described as "the worst 3-0 team ever" prior to the game against Oakland, but came bloody close to going 4-0 against a very decent side there. Still doubt we'll mount much of a playoff run mind.

Oh, and nice to see the BBC pushing more coverage of the sport. A Saturday night show after MOTD on top of the Tuesday highlights one, and three live games a season now. I still get most of my fix via GamePass/RedZone though!

The thing with the Saints is, their defence is terrible (and basically has been since the year of the Superbowl win and "bountygate"), but they're always good with the ball because Brees is a monster...so their games tend to end up being epic shootouts, great to watch. Last weekend they beat the Chargers 35-34, was a cracker.

The Giants are such a confusing team this year. Seem to have three genuinely good WRs, the run game isn't dreadful despite all the injuries (the lad Darkwa looks decent), and the D is doing fine, but somehow it just never seems to come together. Is it Eli?!

I've got a bit too fixated with my fantasy team I think. It almost spoils RedZone slightly, I spend half my time shouting "don't throw it to him for fuck's sake! Throw it to Fitzgerald, I need this!"

I also have Baltimore's kicker this year, Justin Tucker, so I find myself half hoping for my own team to grind to a halt around the 35 yard line so he can tonk in a 50 yarder. I'm almost disappointed when we score!

Aye, you're right. It fucks up RedZone when you are just looking out for specific players to score.

The fuck is going on with the Ravens backfield? Forsett was out, then in, then out. Is this Dixon boy any good? I picked him up on waivers but West seems to be doing the trick.

9ers fan. Originally down to them playing in red and white then hooked by watching players like Montana, Rice, Craig, Rathman, Young and Lott. Looks like they are going to be utter shite this year again. So far other than Denver no team has really stood out this year so far. Going to be an interesting season.

Aye, you're right. It fucks up RedZone when you are just looking out for specific players to score.

The fuck is going on with the Ravens backfield? Forsett was out, then in, then out. Is this Dixon boy any good? I picked him up on waivers but West seems to be doing the trick.

I was actually at a game in New York last year (Jets Bills, Rex Ryan's homecoming), and think I baffled some of the folk sitting around me when I sat stony faced for most of the game, and then went absolutely wild celebrating a Decker touchdown because he was in my fantasy team.

As an aside, I have been to 10 NFL matches, of which the home team won two. 2-8, I'm like the Jaguars or something.

The Ravens running game has been pretty tragic ever since Ray Rice turned to shite and, y'know, domestic abuse. Forsett had a purple patch but didn't look like anything special this year. Looking like West will be the workhorse back for the next few weeks - the lad Dixon has potential, but he's not Todd Gurley, they'll look to ease him in slowly I reckon.