Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup 2012/13(non AFC)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unable to quote things for some reason. Sorry Al. But how can anyone be bothered to boycott another ground? And to make statements proclaiming another club an "enemy" of yours? Just seems to be taking away any sort of fun that is still in football.

I am unable to quote things for some reason. Sorry Al. But how can anyone be bothered to boycott another ground? And to make statements proclaiming another club an "enemy" of yours? Just seems to be taking away any sort of fun that is still in football.

Nae apology necessary Andrew.

You are bang on by the way.

It is Der Hun we're talking about after all though ::)

^^^^^^ Take football far too seriously.

Yer spot on min.  We all love the game, but in Glasgow, it's not just a game, it's a way of life, a tribal thing.  To a huge element of Rangers (& Celtic) supporters, football is the single most important part of their lives to the extent that they have very little life outside of it.  Rangers and Celtic are not just football clubs, they are causes.  In the context of Glasgow, why do we think that Partick Thistle never been successful?

this is a threat to all of scottish football. 'bend over for us when we tell you to, or we'll make you suffer'. i sincerely hope this summer taught scottish football bosses they need to stand up to this bully-boy shite. i also sincerely doubt it.

in hindsight, we should never even have called for them to go into div 3 - bending the rules to accommodate them. their continued presence in scottish football tarnishes the whole set-up. they should've been made to fuck off completely like gretna.

Charles Green gone public saying boycott, absolutely outrageous and should not go unnoticed by the sfa. As said above utd should be guaranteed 100% of the gate money. If they're forced to split they should also encourage home fans to boycott and instead spend their money in the club shop. And if these are the farcical circumstances that are going to surround the rangers fc from now on, major steps need to taken to punish them. Threats of violence towards their own and other fans are unacceptable.

Scumbags.

Arabs boycotting would be pointless, Cup money should always be treated as a bonus. They might have got punted out last round or faced Turriff, half of something is better than nothing.

I'd like to see the Arabs not sink to Sevco's level. They'll probably win the game regardless, and instead of some "£20 a pie, get a free ticket" scheme, instead pay them half on time and make some sort of effort to move on, be the big man.

In the interest of balance though, i'd like to point out that I fucking hate United.

As said above utd should be guaranteed 100% of the gate money

This, or throw the glasgow cunts out of the cup with immediate effect for bullying, blackmail, bringing the game into disrepute, smelling like tinks, fuck me the bastards are damn lucky to be allowed to play in the cup considering the delay over "membership" of the SFA (Pretty sure they were'nt members when the draw was made, but miraculously were when they had to play?

Could the Arabs not just reduce tickets to a token fifty pence or even free with the option to then "donate" whatever you feel like to the club. I'm sure if they opened the donations up to everyone (not just those buying tickets) there are quite a few fan's of other clubs that would be willing to make donations.

I know it's lowering themselves to their level but sometimes folk need put back in their box.

Could the Arabs not just reduce tickets to a token fifty pence or even free with the option to then "donate" whatever you feel like to the club. I'm sure if they opened the donations up to everyone (not just those buying tickets) there are quite a few fan's of other clubs that would be willing to make donations.

I know it's lowering themselves to their level but sometimes folk need put back in their box.

The STV guy posted the rules on twitter last night:

Both clubs have to agree a price otherwise it goes to a panel to agree an average

The minimum charge for this round is £8

The away club is entitled to 50% (minus expenses and SFA cut) of ticket sales

The away club is entitles to 20% of cash sales at the turnstyle.

To me it seems the best way is to only do cash sales on the day

Arabs boycotting would be pointless, Cup money should always be treated as a bonus. They might have got punted out last round or faced Turriff, half of something is better than nothing.

I'd like to see the Arabs not sink to Sevco's level. They'll probably win the game regardless, and instead of some "£20 a pie, get a free ticket" scheme, instead pay them half on time and make some sort of effort to move on, be the big man.

In the interest of balance though, i'd like to point out that I fucking hate United.

me too dave, me too

Fucking Huns though!

I don't see why they don't just sell direct to huns as many clubs have done recently.  I'm sure many sensible huns (sic) want to go and can't be doing with the bullshit Green is pedalling.  Would also have the added bonus of trigger a civil war in Govan/Larkhall/Stirling/Belfast/Dundee etc etc etc

As much as I like the idea of united trying to fuck the huns over financially I think they are far better saying nothing, sticking to the spirit and letter of the rules and gaining the moral high ground

The threat of violence by Rangers fans against their own fans that attempt to get into the game was disgusting. How Rangers fans aren't constantly feeling embarrassed by the actions of their fellow supporters I don't know.

I thought Utd's crime was charging for tickets for the replay of an abandoned game?