Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

Take it from me, the worst thing that can happen to the UK or Scotland is the death of the NHS.

Regardless of how shite you think it may be, how long waiting lists are, or how poor the standards might appear, you honestly don't know how good you have it until you live somewhere that you have to pay for medical care.  I am currently paying around £450/month for medical cover and I am lucky enough to have the funds to do so.  If I wasn't then I'd more than likely be self medicating or thinking, "do i really need to go get that dull ache in my kidneys seen to or will I just ride it out?".

I simply cannot stress how terrible it is walking into an emergency ward or doctors clinic, reaching for your wallet and thinking “Am I covered for this?  Can I afford it if I’m not?  How much is it going to cost?”

Free health care for ALL should be the bare minimum that your taxes pay for.  Medical care should not be a privilege.  Remember when we used to laugh at Americans for having to pay for health care?  No good can come from heading in that direction, it's a massive step backwards.

The powers that be have continually and intentionally ran the NHS into the ground, worked the staff to breaking point and lowered budgets to make it unmanageable.

How many times have you heard about someone waiting years for an operation?  How many sob stories in the papers have you read about someone who was left to die in a corridor because there wasn't enough beds?  How many reports have you seen on the evening news about someone being turned away then kicking the bucket at home shortly after?

It's a fucking disgrace, but not because of the NHS, they're the ones trying to look after you despite being shackled.

The government are running it into the ground so that when they sell it off to their mates', the companies that are in bed with the government, we'll all rejoice that we're getting a tip-top service.  The hospitals will be like 5 star hotels, the beds will be lush, you'll have a flat screen tv in every room and you'll be paying fucking megabucks for it.  Every scan, every jab, every check-up, every rubber glove will appear on your bill.  You'll be lining the pockets of millionaires and MP's who will be profiting off of the sick and elderly.

It's fucking disgusting and simply cannot be allowed to happen.

Regardless of what you think of this guy, get past it, and listen to the facts:

I would urge every scot, welshie, englander, and n.ironer to read the various party manifestos, look at the track record of your current mp/ local government and then make your decision rather than listen to the media spin. Who knows you might end up with an independant representing you with a 3-4 party coalition in Westminster and maybe that could be a good thing or potentially a disaster but let's see what happens eh?

Oh and turn up and vote. Takes 5 mins and it sends a message to the twats in power that they may not be as safe as they think they are.

However I predict a 54% turnout

SNP are just like the rest of them a bunch of lying c@nts, only difference is the SNP are arrogant lying c@nts

Indeed.

It's almost like picking who's the better cunt out of a shower of self serving cunts.

I might vote independent!

What Tom says is correct though, especially regaring the track record of your current MP.

http://news.sky.com/story/1452113/salmond-reveals-plans-to-lock-out-tories

i would urge EVERY scot to vote for the SNP this GE.

the choice just like the 55% of you that voted to STAY IN THE UK, you all have blood on your hands if the tories get back into power and especially with (God forbid please) UKIP

The best we can get is a Labour / SNP Coalition in charge (and the SNP can even be better for the English voters too !)

You're aware that the Tories are more likely to allow another independence referendum than Labour?  Political suicide for Labour to see Scotland go independent.

Also, every seat the SNP take off Labour in the GE means a Tory government is more likely, such is our first past the post system.

Also, every seat the SNP take off Labour in the GE means a Tory government is more likely, such is our first past the post system.

No it doesn't.  That is exactly the opposite of true.

For a Tory government to form, it would need the support of the majority of all MPs across all parties.

As the SNP have already committed to voting down any potential Tory government, replacing 'Scottish' Labour MPs with SNP ones makes precisely 0 difference to the chances of a Tory government forming.

No it doesn't.  That is exactly the opposite of true.

For a Tory government to form, it would need the support of the majority of all MPs across all parties.

As the SNP have already committed to voting down any potential Tory government, replacing 'Scottish' Labour MPs with SNP ones makes precisely 0 difference to the chances of a Tory government forming.

Tend to disagree: if no party has enough votes to form it's own government, it'll be the largest party who is allowed to have it's first chance to create a coalition - the Tories could cobble together DUP, Lib Dem and UKIP or whoever and try and govern the country that way.  The only way Labour will have first chance to create a coalition will be to have more seats than the Tories, and the SNP will scupper that.

Tend to disagree: if no party has enough votes to form it's own government, it'll be the largest party who is allowed to have it's first chance to create a coalition - the Tories could cobble together DUP, Lib Dem and UKIP or whoever and try and govern the country that way.  The only way Labour will have first chance to create a coalition will be to have more seats than the Tories, and the SNP will scupper that.

There is no rule that says that the party with the largest number of seats gets first attempt.  It is the previous prime minister who has first attempt, regardless of which is the biggest party.

If the combination of ALL other parties, Tory, DUP, Lib Dem, UKIP etc have less than Labour and the SNP combined, then they will not be able to pass a Queens speech or vote of confidence and so quite simply cannot cobble together any kind of government, no matter how much they may wish to.

As such, swapping SNP for Labour MPs makes precisely no difference in terms of the Tories' chances of being in government.

The mantra that 'the largest party gets to form a government' is quite simply a lie, being trumpeted by the Labour party in order to try and scare people into voting for them.

Rioja cracked open, lounging out on sofa waiting for the big debate.

Wonder who is going to come across as the biggest tit of the lot of them.

I use the description "biggest tit" because frankly one is just about as bad as the other.

7 is a lot, but i think it was handled in a decent way. Thon presenter leading the debate was quite assertive and didnt let them cut each other up with their opinions. I preferred it to the Cameron/Milli debate last week it, thats for sure.

I see the YouGov snap poll gave it to Sturgeon which is quite surprising, although I thought she handled it very well tonight.

Dull as fuck IMHO. Not convinced the format has worked. Too many taking part.

I was bored by the time they had done their opening statements and finished debating the opening question from the audience which must have taken the guts of thirty minutes  ::)

You ignorant loser cunts on low wages and sad lives.

It was an awesome debate.

Not only did Wales, Scotland and Green come out well, the four Englishmen were proven mad.

It was a women superiority v. men happening.

Something your stupid feeble little minds were incapable of observing.

Maybe you're all Muslim cunts?

You ignorant loser cunts on low wages and sad lives.

It was an awesome debate.

Not only did Wales, Scotland and Green come out well, the four Englishmen were proven mad.

It was a women superiority v. men happening.

Something your stupid feeble little minds were incapable of observing.

Maybe you're all Muslim cunts?

Or maybe you enjoy dull politik speak? This sort of debate ties peoples to one party or one leader. Why should you listen to leaders who will never be made accountable to their actions? Why should you listen to anyway of them as your vote, which is all they are after, is totally inconsequential anyway?

Or maybe you enjoy dull politik speak? This sort of debate ties peoples to one party or one leader. Why should you listen to leaders who will never be made accountable to their actions? Why should you listen to anyway of them as your vote, which is all they are after, is totally inconsequential anyway?

I reckon you and I might accord on substantive matters. It was what wasn't said that was the meat.

The best thing to come out of it was the collapse of Cameron. In the Commons at PMQ he is so assured of himself as he eats, swallows, regurgitates and re-gorges on the bones of wee Mili Winkie. In that forum, he was incredibly unconvincing, much more so than I considered he would be.

The value is this. It guarantees a hung parliament. People are finally starting to see through Westminster politics. The marginals, Wales, Scotland and Green came out of it better than they could have hoped. Sturgeon was fantastic, the only statesperson on show. All four men were shown to be insane. Change is coming. That debate helped it come.

Missed it last night and watching it now. I actually agree that the men are coming out very badly, farage looks like a bumbling racist nut job like he is ( why is he constantly bouncing when he speaks), milliband is obsessed with saying 5 years, but the presenter is terrible. Has no authority and cannot control the debate / sniping at all. Very impressed with the women in the debate.

She's had a lot of positive press down here, think a lot people really underestimated her. Outside the realms of the referendum, the rest of the uk are now seeing her as the true politician she is rather than being blinkered by her ultimate aims. Very good to see.

She's had a lot of positive press down here, think a lot people really underestimated her. Outside the realms of the referendum, the rest of the uk are now seeing her as the true politician she is rather than being blinkered by her ultimate aims. Very good to see.

Though this is maybe why she is now getting stories in the press about her wanting the Conservatives to be in government. A soon as she seems to be any threat to British unity or policies, the negative press ensues. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that she wants a Labour government, she is left wing, her party is left wing and its not like the Conservatives have been of any use to Scotland over the years and the SNP have made no secret of their hatred towards the Cons. Now the press is trying to portray her as a turncoat or liar and its typical of the British MSM to act like this towards an SNP leader.