Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

Bit of a wake up call for the other parties this morning, they're not doing enough to counter UKIP.

EDIT:  A potential Tory/UKIP coalition at the next general election would do wonders for the Yes vote in the Scottish independence referendum.

Think the worrying thing is that the "main" parties will now focus on trying to attract the votes of those whom, for some reason have felt obliged to drag their carcasses from their pits to, vote BNP ( I of course mean Farage). At the loss of those, pertaining regular or higher than average intelligence, who feel disenfranchised with the UK political process.

Think the worrying thing is that the "main" parties will now focus on trying to attract the votes of those whom, for some reason have felt obliged to drag their carcasses from their pits to, vote BNP ( I of course mean Farage). At the loss of those, pertaining regular or higher than average intelligence, who feel disenfranchised with the UK political process.

I'm also worried that although Scotland thinks of itself as "left wing" there is a lot of folk who are anti immigration, pro death penalty and pro government interference in our lives when all three are a big interference in the advancement of the economy.

The UKIP guy who sneaked in here in Scotland has been reported to police for potentially falsifing registration address documents. Has lived in Kensington, London for 15 years but claimed to have moved to Edinburgh.

Stunned at the number of votes right wing lunatic fringe got in Scotland. I really am surprised that so many Scots would vote for a party that clearly dispises them. A little less proud to be Scottish today.

In what way does UKIP despise Scottish people?

But yeah, it's sad to see how well UKIP have done. I think people are seeing as a protest vote and a comment on the EU more than anything else.

In what way does UKIP despise Scottish people?

But yeah, it's sad to see how well UKIP have done. I think people are seeing as a protest vote and a comment on the EU more than anything else.

Cannot find the link just now but one of their senior members is on record as describing Scots as "whinning subsiday junkies" or something similar.

Cannot find the link just now but one of their senior members is on record as describing Scots as "whinning subsiday junkies" or something similar.

That was Lord Monkton, the president of UKIP in Scotland, who said : "The Scots are subsidy junkies whingeing like a trampled bagpipe as they wait for their next fix of English taxpayer's money."

Farage also labelling the protesters he faced last May in Edinburgh as 'Fascist Scum', 'Racist' and 'displaying a total hatred of the english'. Also hanging up on Radio Scotland when he was being asked about much he knew about Scottish Politics and the lack of UKIP support North of the border etc

That was Lord Monkton, the president of UKIP in Scotland, who said : "The Scots are subsidy junkies whingeing like a trampled bagpipe as they wait for their next fix of English taxpayer's money."

Apparently he's not a Lord. And the House of Lords had to write to him to ask him to stop claiming to be a Lord.

I'm also worried that although Scotland thinks of itself as "left wing" there is a lot of folk who are anti immigration, pro death penalty and pro government interference in our lives when all three are a big interference in the advancement of the economy.

Eh?

Eh?

Listening to call kaye and the like you just hear folk phoning in and constantly wanting the government to ban things. It's depressing and counter productive in many ways. Also if my posts don't make sense check the time. If they are after 0230, in general, you should just ignore them.

Listening to call kaye and the like you just hear folk phoning in and constantly wanting the government to ban things. It's depressing and counter productive in many ways. Also if my posts don't make sense check the time. If they are after 0230, in general, you should just ignore them.

I admire your honesty Andrew  ;D

I admire your honesty Andrew  ;D

I fucking love your posts too. It should be after only 0230 but the clubs in Aberdeen close really early.

Edit: I shall be away for a bit on Tuesday and shall hopefully have a job soon so my drunken nonsense shall hopefully be finished.

I fucking love your posts too. It should be after only 0230 but the clubs in Aberdeen close really early.

Edit: I shall be away for a bit on Tuesday and shall hopefully have a job soon so my drunken nonsense shall hopefully be finished.

That'd be really tremendous.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

had to laugh tonight when i got home as my dad went off on a bender because i will not vote Labour. Claims if we all vote SNP up here the tories will win the general election.

Yet just 6 months ago he was the FIRST one voting for the tories through Labour. All i will say not matter what happens in a few months time, the 55% of the country had a chance a slim one to be RID of the Tories for good.

Wait and see the death of the army, death of the nhs, death of Christianity in this country when the tories along with the UKIP get into power.

That sounds fantastic.