Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Voter ID/suppression underway in the UK. In an ideal world this would be enough for the people to see through the government and for it to take them down. Plays to their base unfortunately.

With 81 seat majority the Tories can pretty much do want they want now. No pesky European rules to stop them now either. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, BigAl said:

Hid inability to keep his cock under control has cost him the best job he is ever likely to get.

?

Which is ridiculous really as his ineptitude as Health Sec should have seen him sacked about 13 months ago. (My daughter is about to enter her final year as a med student and she says that she hasn't met any health care professional who has anything but the deepest contempt for him).   He'll be back in the next or next + 1 reshuffle to ru(i)n another department of state. 

• 3 months later...

Bojo (the utter cunt of a man) using some of his typically revolting phrases in addressing the traitors conference.

...telling Scots delegates he was delighted to be at a conference where people could finally “shake hands and exchange bodily fluids”.

Ffs 

• 8 months later...

Tories seemingly trying to bring in the same system with uk supreme court ie judges are appointed politically.

Death penalty reintroduced, abortion banned, homosexuality re-criminalised, segregation of those they deem beneath them (the poor, those with different skin colour), women banned from working/ voting/ doing anything really

Anything to appease the core of their party, and keep themselves in their mansions etc all without ever considering the consequences.

And the great english public will vote for it in droves

Ideally it happens after im gone but looking at the current state of humanity......

• Like 3

Sooooo this man has no medical training and the basis for his opinions seems to be 'I never heard of this/ I didnt know anyone with it when I was a kid.' and/or 'I spoke to a guy who said this'

What that says to me is coming from one of the wealthiest families in the world, he was very sheltered from health problems that affected those not so fortunate, and/or his family didnt tell him anything. For a guy who is so anti-vax, he really doesnt sound that healthy.

I'd never heard of Motor Neuron disease until I asked my mum what was wrong with the guy in the BT advert. 
I did however know about MS, two types of cancer, food allergies, cerebal palsy, Atrial Septal Defect (although I didnt know the proper name at the time), brain haemorages, spina bifida, diabetes, asthma, and heart attacks because there were people who lived with and actually died from them in my family and the small village I lived in. 

This is real 'head in the sand' stuff up there with Trumps suggestion that if they stop testing for Covid then the cases will drop and everything will be fine.
I'm under no illusions the pharmacutial industries have way to much power but this sort of shit is dangerous.
Really was too much to hope the anti-vax movement had died down.

Edited by tom_widdows
  • Like 1

I like Robert Kennedy, he's a good lad. Been on the right side of many things over the years, including the topic of election fixing (predominantly by the republicans) since 2000. 

The topic of this video was just a little too broad though and Carlson (who I've never really seen much of) was an absolutely pathetic host. He missed a hundred key opportunities to ask obvious questions, but didn't. I'm assuming that's because Kennedy was saying something that Carlson wanted to hear. For such a supposed formidable interviewer that's not only pathetic, but unprofessional. He's obviously not somebody that anyone should or could trust. A few well placed questions could have either shown Kennedy up, or allowed him to delve deeper and answer some glaring points (as Tom asks above). I have little doubt Kennedy would have answers, he's not unfamiliar with good investigative journalism. I have seen the statistics on increased illnesses and allergies, it seems strange that he glibly wrote off the more obvious candidates (pesticides) and headed straight for vaccines (and even stranger that a professional interviewer wouldn't pick up on that fucking humongous leap), or the other many corollary events. There are also very obvious reasons why vaccines would be exempt from litigation, in exactly the same as nuclear power plants would be, and why they'd be difficult to insure for the same reason as nuclear power plants would be - that's not a revelation. Again, the fact that the lazy interviewer doesn't bother to even just play devil's advocate is disturbing. Kennedy covers some very important points, but it's difficult to take them seriously when he's made some sweeping statements that went unchallenged. Carlson makes Kennedy less believable because it suits Carlson to air this particular viewpoint for his own ratings. Kennedy could be 90% on the money, but you wouldn't know from this interview.

Woud like to think the civil war of blue fuckwits has finally kicked off but I still doubt anything will change.
England's fetish for the class system and deeming someone worthy because they happened to show up at a certain educational establishment will forever be its curse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Woud like to think the civil war of blue fuckwits has finally kicked off but I still doubt anything will change.
England's fetish for the class system and deeming someone worthy because they happened to show up at a certain educational establishment will forever be our curse.

FTFY

Johnson is unlike any previous prime minister. Not a shred of decency or honour. Sacked from every job he has ever had for being a liar yet English still gave the cunt a huge majority cause he kept the foreigners out….I mean got Brexit done which is probably another lie. Even the witch Thatcher went when 30% of her MPs went against her. Independence is only way we will be rid of the cunt. 

soo small/ no existinant parliament doing even less than what they already do.
Cut all taxes so we all keep our full paypackets as a 'victory for hard working families' many of which will cheer and say Boris is best, then 7 days later wonder why their kids school, gp surgery and local hospital have shut, and the police, fire service and paramedics have gone missing. They might then wander down the job centre only to find thats shut too.

• 2 months later...

So how long is this Truss government going to last? As an onlooker, I just can’t believe the stuff I’m reading and more so, that they’re getting away with. Has 12 years of Tory government completely broken the resolve of the people? Every seems just to just want to moan on social media and not actually protest about it? 🤷‍♂️ I know there are mass strikes proposed, but that’s a small percentage of the population. What’s it actually like in the ground? Granted most of our posters are in Scotland, but no doubt will have some connections down south? 

Failed state

Reports of insider trading to short the pound among other things however if the Police etc start an investigation the government pulls their funding. Not sure if thats always been an option or something brought in over the last decade or so but whole thing reminds me of Armando Iannucci's film 'The Death of Stalin'

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Failed state

Reports of insider trading to short the pound among other things however if the Police etc start an investigation the government pulls their funding. Not sure if thats always been an option or something brought in over the last decade or so but whole thing reminds me of Armando Iannucci's film 'The Death of Stalin'

Excellent film, might rewatch that

It's been an interesting week or two. The spivs will be loving it Soros-style that's for sure. It's not an overnight phenomenon though, this has been decades in the making. Truss and friends are just the culmination of corporate ownership of politics finally thinking it's time to fully take over. The timing seems a little off it has to be said, but I wonder if they thought that this might be their only chance (for another 4-8 years of course). Expect the blame to be shifted to Russia, immigrants, part timers and benefits claimants for the 800th time (and people to once again buy it) and for the only path out to be the further sale of UK assets and services to the private sector. To be fair to Truss, she's doing what she's paid to.

Edited by RicoS321

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2022 at 19:19, RicoS321 said:

It isn't though, is it? Not until the Tories say so is what England voted for.

Could argue policies Truss and the new de facto Prime Minister Jeremy Cunt are now enacting are not in the Manifesto that Tory party were elected on so they should be going to the country for a fresh mandate. They of course won’t as they know they are fucked and will now use the next two years to line the pockets of their backers with every last penny they can squeeze out of the public purse.