Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

Really? I've heard that there's a lot of folk who don't decide until the last minute. I've never understood how something so important can be not known. There are exceptions to everything naturally but I am intrigued as to why an otherwise obviously articulate and intelligent man is at an impasse over this? It must be to do with working out the best tactical decision I'm guessing.

Canna be that. The tactical votes in Scotland couldn't be clearer or simpler.

Canna be that. The tactical votes in Scotland couldn't be clearer or simpler.

Not necessarily. It's very clear for me but I don't live amongst shit heads that returned a Tory. If he lives in a Tory-held seat, it might be tight between a strong other candidate and SNP. We have returned Labour and Lib Dem MP's in this country before.

Kow, may I ask.. Have you as a unionist but also clearly anti-Tory, considered tactical voting today to try and achieve that goal?

I postal voted a couple of weeks ago to boot the Tory out through tactical voting.  Its not rocket science in Aberdeenshire who to vote for if you're anti-Tory / anti-Brexit.

As an aside, Led by Donkeys do a fantastic job, their Instagram page is brilliant.

Actually, I DO live amongst shit heads who returned a Tory! Not that I'll be voting anything other than SNP. What been so insidious about their campaigning is the absence of the word Conservative on their multiple mail-drops. The SNP don't actually deserve my vote since they've not been canvassing anywhere near my area and I can't recall a single flyer through the door but as I never read them anyway, they might have. I'll still vote SNP though. It's what the website (tactical voting to defeat the Tories) said to vote so thankfully no conflicting going on here.

Not necessarily. It's very clear for me but I don't live amongst shit heads that returned a Tory. If he lives in a Tory-held seat, it might be tight between a strong other candidate and SNP. We have returned Labour and Lib Dem MP's in this country before.

Nah, it's just prevarication really. I've got a postal vote, so I've had a while to get my airse in gear but just haven't. It's Tory or SNP in my area. I don't really want to vote for either. For me, the choice is between saying that I'm happy with an electoral system that forces me to vote for someone I don't want to or to not be a part of it at all. I don't want, particularly, to vote tactically as I think that you should always vote for something you want rather than you don't want. If enough folk in my area want to vote Tory then more fool them. I'm taking this election in isolation of course when I'm talking tactics - inotherwords, I'm not going to vote SNP now because in the future that might mean an independent Scotland is closer, I think that's a bit of a cop out.

Anyway, I'll likely give in and vote by close of play, but it feels incredibly forced.

SNP been the most active in my areas, a letter and 3 leaflets from them, Labour have put 2 leaflets in, nothing from the Tories here.

Opposite from my area then. I've been flooded with Tory shite and have had the odd Lib Dem, SNP and Labour thing but probably more Tory stuff than the rest combined.

Wife dropped me off at the pub. Passed our polling station. It's never looked busier. Wife just voted and said they were saying that turnout has been really good this year. This makes me glad. I decided to down tools and lunch in Abz and go to the art gallery this afternoon as I was sad about the impending England Tory vote. I interpret a big turn out this year as a fuck you Boris coming up. I'm happy now. The four pints didn't hinder that either. Mon the Labour SNP coalition.

Aye,duty done.Seemed quieter than the last election,and nobody outside trying to influence votes.

Were you at the primary school polling station? The car park was fairly rammed when I went roon both times (delivering wife's vote too). Nobody outside, but I don't remember there being anyone last time either.

Were you at the primary school polling station? The car park was fairly rammed when I went roon both times (delivering wife's vote too). Nobody outside, but I don't remember there being anyone last time either.

Bourtree,just down fae the Paddock pub,I was there about 5 maybe before abdy started coming.Last election there was someone fae all parties

Not expecting much but have found some dark irony in the stories about non-accessible polling stations down south causing issues for elderly voters. Good indicaiton of how much the tory Englandshire parliament values the elderly.

Would like to think that upon finding they couldnt walk or wheel themselves into the polling stations that some of them would have had an epiphany and changed their minds but I don't hold out much hope.