Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

• 2 weeks later...

"That makes me smart" uttered by The Donald during the first debate whilst Hitlery was speaking has killed the contest.

He doesn't know this yet. Neither does she nor any of the political commentators, either side of the Atlantic.

Trump is totally unelectable. Neither is Clinton obviously but Trump is embarrassingly short on intellect. What a joke.

He had a great chance to win the high office. He blew it, big time and the world is going to suffer hugely because of it.

Well well, it wasn't the content of the first debate that killed him.

It was the video of his grostesque comments towards women.

There's no way back for him now. Completely and totally unelectable. What a creep.

But in the bigger picture, the timing of this is revealing. It was more than 10 years ago. The neocon ruling powers had this up their sleeve for a while. Leaving it this late to release it means the Republicans can't replace him with one month left to go which guarantees Hitlery wins and also that war with Russia will follow.

Everyone knows that the bankruptcy of America - financial bankruptcy here, not moral or spiritual bankruptcy which is beyond reasonable doubt - can ONLY be redressed by winning a world war. This gives even more reason to say yes to the various WYOWYN's being kindly dug out by the Hampster.

The games a bogey. Revolution the only redemption but with too many fat bastards consuming processed food and processed drugs and dumbed down to a point of uselessness, there's nae cunt left who gives a fuck.

That's not true. The needle of natural justice is moving. They can flouridise our water and put GM shite in our supermarkets and get Monsanto to sell their RoundUp all over the globe but they can't subjugate human nature and they'll never succeed in the long game. Fucking cunts.

It's laughable to me that trump is the Republican representative as his whole defence is based in the same way as those West coast 'republicans' that we have to suffer in Scotland.... it's all about 'whatabouttery' with both of them.

In the same vein the dhims defend their behavior by point out everything that the huns do wrong, Trump is defending his non payment of tax by pointing out that some of Hilary's sponsors also don't pay tax, and defends his 'locker room' chat by pointing out Hilarys hubbies well documented 'non sexual relationships'.  :laughing:

What a guy... classic Republican behaviour!  :wanker:

It's laughable to me that trump is the Republican representative as his whole defence is based in the same way as those West coast 'republicans' that we have to suffer in Scotland.... it's all about 'whatabouttery' with both of them.

In the same vein the dhims defend their behavior by point out everything that the huns do wrong, Trump is defending his non payment of tax by pointing out that some of Hilary's sponsors also don't pay tax, and defends his 'locker room' chat by pointing out Hilarys hubbies well documented 'non sexual relationships'.  :laughing:

What a guy... classic Republican behaviour!  :wanker:

And yet a lot of people will vote for him. I know Hilary is far from perfect but surely this guy (in the real world at least) is unelectable?!? Rocket called it some time ago!

A friend of mine was visiting the US a couple of weeks back and spoke to heaps of Amercians across a few different states about the election. From what he said, most are actually embarrassed by it all. Not just because of Trump, but because of the way it has been played out by both camps. The consensus seems to be trying to vote for which one is of the lesser evil.

I don't like Trump personally, the man is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic and the idea of him being the leader of one of the worlds nuclear powers is frightening, however, Clinton doesn't appear to be much better. Yes she is far more intelligent, but she is also a fucking cretin of a human. A system that allows only rich people to run for president is clearly flawed and it was only a matter of time before a run like this happened. Trump is clearly screwed and he will surely be dropped like a brick by the republicans, but Clinton becoming president doesn't exactly scream relief to me. As said above, which is the lesser of the two evils... my money is on neither.

And yet a lot of people will vote for him. I know Hilary is far from perfect but surely this guy (in the real world at least) is unelectable?!? Rocket called it some time ago!

The problem is the two party system (like here), and personality politics (like here). That anyone in any society anywhere thinks they need a single person to represent them is absurd. Trump should never be un-electable, because he shouldn't have the authority that would make his (or Clinton's) decisions have meaning. He should just be the sales guy selling a branch of the Republicans policy, nothing more. That he's a pervert or a tax dodger or an idiot is neither here nor there. The yanks should stop being such a bunch of deferential fucks and understand that they don't need a fuckin president to be a successful, caring (or uncaring) and productive country. Same goes for the UK.

The problem is the two party system (like here), and personality politics (like here). That anyone in any society anywhere thinks they need a single person to represent them is absurd. Trump should never be un-electable, because he shouldn't have the authority that would make his (or Clinton's) decisions have meaning. He should just be the sales guy selling a branch of the Republicans policy, nothing more. That he's a pervert or a tax dodger or an idiot is neither here nor there. The yanks should stop being such a bunch of deferential fucks and understand that they don't need a fuckin president to be a successful, caring (or uncaring) and productive country. Same goes for the UK.

The yanks love the drama that is election time. The hype consumes them, even if the candidates are pish or that the system is flawed. I stayed in Houston during the last election and they are bat shit crazy over there. Placards, garden signs, car stickers etc ... everywhere. I agree that one person shouldn't be in charge and its crazy to think that one person can make a decision that can effect millions of people. World politics is fully flawed and its gone beyond control.

Trump has put his final nail in his own coffin.

The Cat in the Hat came out with a cracker.

I do not like you down my shirt,

I do not like you up my skirt,

I do not like you near my rump,

I do not like you, Mr Trump!

Despite his obvious flaws, I still wouldn't put it past Americans to vote him in. Those that have endorsed him up until now, clearly dont care what he has done or can do. They are stuck in their ways. There is of course still those undecided voters, who i hope wont vote him in, purely based on the last few weeks. That said, that Clinton is an odious bitch in my eyes. Something definitely shifty about her too.

Despite his obvious flaws, I still wouldn't put it past Americans to vote him in. Those that have endorsed him up until now, clearly dont care what he has done or can do. They are stuck in their ways. There is of course still those undecided voters, who i hope wont vote him in, purely based on the last few weeks. That said, that Clinton is an odious bitch in my eyes. Something definitely shifty about her too.

Two terrible people.  Watched the show on PBS about their upbringing and how they've got to where they are etc, really insightful stuff and recommend watching.  I have absolutely no faith in the american population, but having read the below article, you can kind of understand why they are probably going to vote the way they are:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

The more i watch the two of them, the more i see it all as one big soap opera and all an act. The two of them are portrayed as hating each other in the media, but away from the microphones they appear almost like friends. The thought of either of them in office terrifies me...

Skynews : The FBI has opened a fresh investigation into Hillary Clinton's personal emails following the discovery of new messages.

FBI director James Comey said the probe will examine whether the new emails - connected to an "unrelated case" - contain sensitive government information.

Interesting link from wiki leaks below!

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/

I won't be surprised if he does win it.

Just look at the last two big referendums here... both the 'Yes' campaign and the 'Stay' campaigns appeared to be  in fairly strong positions then when it came to the crunch the voters supporting the team deemed to be lagging actually got up off their arse and voted as they knew they had to if they were to win, whereas the leading campaign voters thought it was in the bag and never bothered.

So for the same reason i think everyone who supports Trump will be out there voting because they know they'll have to.

Obviously that's just my take on things.

Best we can hope for is Clinton gets in somehow thus saving the world from Trump's unique brand of mad bastardness, then within weeks of moving into the White House, she gets impeached. Both candidates are cretins par excellance

Now

I was growing up during the Nixon era so naturally thought that the word "impeached" meant sacked, fired, chucked oot, given your jotters etc.

Then up pops Bill Clinton, gets impeached and bides far he is.

Now it's all but forgotten aboot.