Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

35 minutes ago, manc_don said:

You couldn't make it up. There were police actually posing for selfies with the terrorists once the were inside ?‍♂️

Sums up the lacklutsre sabre rattling bullshit that is Trump.
I'd day if these people were actually serious about 'taking their country back', they wouldnt have played up to the TV cameras, taken silly photos of themselves sitting in the speakers chair etc.
Serious revolutionaries would have barricaded themselves in ready for an assault by the authorities, or trashed/ set fire to the building, or perhaps even both.
Wonder what France would be like today if their revolutionaries had just stopped once they got inside the Bastille, Versaille etc

Interesting tweet from Jemele Hill from 'The Atlantic'

Let’s just be clear about something: The reason the Capitol police were slow to respond is because they gave these white people the benefit of the doubt and treated it like a joke. Their reaction isn’t the same because they see black people as a threat that needs to be eliminated

The damage Trump has done to democracy in the US is immeasurable. He has given the lunatic fringe a cause to get behind with his claims that the election has been stolen and pushed more into believing there is no democracy in their country. This is a lunatic fringe who have a legal right to bare arms. 

Aye, it was all a bit pathetic. I was waiting for them to start singing "no one likes us, we don't care". If they'd actually found Pence, it would have been like the dons fan that ran up to ricksen at pittodrie and shat it completely. Fuck knows how the police managed to shoot a wifie like, they should have just have allowed the selfie taking morons their walkabout and waited for the chief moron to tell them to go home. It was hilarious, at one point they'd broken into a capitol hallway, and they were all taking photos, but they all strictly adhered to the rope barrier there to direct people, rather than step over it. Rebels. The world's shittest coup. I'll be honest, I was hoping for some proper action.

13 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, it was all a bit pathetic. I was waiting for them to start singing "no one likes us, we don't care". If they'd actually found Pence, it would have been like the dons fan that ran up to ricksen at pittodrie and shat it completely. Fuck knows how the police managed to shoot a wifie like, they should have just have allowed the selfie taking morons their walkabout and waited for the chief moron to tell them to go home. It was hilarious, at one point they'd broken into a capitol hallway, and they were all taking photos, but they all strictly adhered to the rope barrier there to direct people, rather than step over it. Rebels. The world's shittest coup. I'll be honest, I was hoping for some proper action.

It was not “hilarious” at all ya idiot

15 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

It was not “hilarious” at all ya idiot

The part where they were walking through a hallway taking photos without breaking the cordon was hilarious. Overall, the whole thing was pathetic. Giving it anymore importance just plays into their pathetic hands. It was a disorganised rabble of fuckwits. I've seen suggestions that it was some form of coup, which is just ridiculous. Most of the people in attendance wouldn't know the meaning of the word. It was hardly the storming of the Bastille.

• Like 1

To be a fly on the wall when Trump found out his Twitter account was shut down. 

His presidency as been a slow car crash but it’s finishing as an absolute train wreck. 

I would have thought it was in the GOP’s interests to see him impeached, as it would prevent him running for office again as a new party if that’s what he’s planning. I think the Republican Party are in a right mess now. 

On 08/01/2021 at 00:14, RicoS321 said:

The part where they were walking through a hallway taking photos without breaking the cordon was hilarious. Overall, the whole thing was pathetic. Giving it anymore importance just plays into their pathetic hands. It was a disorganised rabble of fuckwits. I've seen suggestions that it was some form of coup, which is just ridiculous. Most of the people in attendance wouldn't know the meaning of the word. It was hardly the storming of the Bastille.

Whilst I agree that the majority of those philistines wouldn’t know the meaning of the word coup, it was exactly that. Or at least attempted and instigated by satsuma features. Had they been a more intelligent group of people, they may have been successful. It summarised my current thoughts of the US nicely. Embarrassing.

the way they treated the AP photographer? He’s lucky to be alive. I hope every single one of them gets arrested and dealt with the prison system. Not holding my breath though.

Edit:

Footage of the organised terrorist branch of these cunts:

As a consequence of the right wing's frothing and satsuma features failed coup, Twitter has removed loads of fuckwits' (trump included) accounts ?

Obviously some rabid folk were complaining this is an attack on freedom of speech, but the shite these accounts were spouting went well beyond. So, fuck 'em.