Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Crazy American Politics

• 1 month later...

Trump's decision to withdraw troops from Syria is as welcome as it is unfathomable.

Is he no longer a puppet of Aipac? No.

Has Bashar been defeated? No.

It is madness for the west to be in the Middle East but do they think we are so stupid that we will just forget all the lies they told us? I was in the House of Commons for the "let's drop bombs on Syria" debate. It was our first and only visit there and we thought it great timing when we arrived and saw the agenda. We only lasted half an hour. It was surprisingly poorly attended by our elected representatives and the quality of the various speeches was unbelievably bad. Worst of all was The Times the next morning - available at the hotel, I wouldn't buy the fucking rag - which totally misrepresented direct quotes from the house.

Something big is happening behind the scenes. We have the right to know what. When they spend billions of our money on agendas that were clearly lies, we need to know where our money went and if it was spent properly. It's impossible to cover lies with more lies but why the sudden change in policy?

• 7 months later...

So thats two mass shootings in 2 seperate states in the space of 24hrs and the 3rd in a week

Gillroy, California - 4 Dead (including shooter), 15 Injured

El Paso, Texas - 20 Dead, 26 injured (Shooter arrested)

Dayton Ohio - 10 Dead so far (including shooter), 16 injured so far.

Democrats calling for Gun control legistlation however the response from Texas

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, however, said gun control would probably not have stopped the attack.

He added that if a "crazy" gunman launched such an attack, there was no way that law enforcement officers could be there to stop it.

"The best way is to be prepared to defend yourself," he told CBS News.

Suspect not being able to get hold of a gun would probably not have stopped the attack......  :dunno:

It's a sad state of affairs. It doesn't look like there's anything that could possibly happen to make the gun nuts reconsider. Aye it's in the constitution that they have the right to defend themselves. Turns out they should have added a wee asterisk* to state that "abusing this right will lead to repeal". It's bat shit mental and tbh I can't really comprehend their way of thinking.

• 6 months later...

I don’t know what’s worse: the disgusting amount of money that’s been spent by those trying to win the nomination, or that two guys aged 77 & 78 are seen as the best hope of beating Trump.

Democrats are beating themselves. So divided that they cannot get support behind one candidate. Bernie is so liberal that he'd never beat Trump, and Biden is a dinosaur. Stupid snowflakes can't get their shit together, it's embarrassing.

I don’t know what’s worse: the disgusting amount of money that’s been spent by those trying to win the nomination, or that two guys aged 77 & 78 are seen as the best hope of beating Trump.

I'd be more concerned about the actual voting system itself, the prevention of many people voting and the media swing toward Biden. It's a fucked up thing like. I think the West needs four more years of Trump to really get their faces ground into the mud so they can see what a fucking awful form of capitalism they've created. If any single person then still thinks that Joe fucking Biden is the answer to anything, ever, then they should be forced into a further 8 years of Mike Pence shitting in their mouths.

Whilst I get what you’re saying , Rico. The best thing would be for trump to die of the corona virus. I’m not sure the world could take another four years of that cretin. He’s a dangerous uneducated racist prick and a victory for him would only encourage those racist cunts that vote for him or bum him worldwide.

Whilst I get what you’re saying , Rico. The best thing would be for trump to die of the corona virus. I’m not sure the world could take another four years of that cretin. He’s a dangerous uneducated racist prick and a victory for him would only encourage those racist cunts that vote for him or bum him worldwide.

Looks like Biden set to be the Democrat nominee. I don't know what I'd do if I was in Yankland. I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't vote. When you say that the world can't afford another four years of Trump, do you think that the world can afford 4-8 years of Biden? I'm not convinced. The defining feature of Obama and Blair's eras - who I'd suggest are the easiest comparisons to make with Biden - for me, is what came after. Ignoring Iraq (and for the record, I think he's a total cunt) Blair did a lot of decent work in office (Sure Start, minimum wage etc), but he stopped short of creating a more caring and thoughtful/questioning society. There were few, if any, traditional Labour values (not that I'd necessarily care for those anyway, but it's not about me!) embedded into society that couldn't be ripped up in seconds upon his (or Brown's) departure. Unsurprisingly, that is what happened, with Tory austerity trashing anything good that Blair might have done and with Osborne going further than even Thatcher would have attempted. Similarly in the US, where Obama's Blair years (pandering to Wall St, the centre-right media etc) have easily been unwound - and more - in four years of Trump. It was easy. Not just easy, but inevitable.

Four to eight years of Biden won't lead to a better world, they'll lead to another Trump. When you don't challenge the economic norms, when you don't challenge the donor class or the media then the cycle will only ever frequent between Blair and Boris, Obama and Trump/Bush. That's the new cycle, the new wave - you could chart it from G W Bush, moving up and down whilst steadily rightward. Thatcher and Regan set that new normal very succesfully. Unless you're willing to attack that normal and show it for what it is then that cycle continues. In my opinion, there is no avenue for tackling climate change, inequality, resource use, consumption, perpetual war within a hopey change Biden manifesto - things that are actual physical issues that will come to a head this century. Thus, in eight years time you'll just be eight years closer to the limit. Being closer to the limit brings greater Draconianism, greater hatred of the immigrant, greater insularity and greater levels of disaster. Those times call for the next big man, the next populist, and you can be sure as fuck he won't be as thick as Trump. The Sanders's will have been long shot.

Biden himself isn't some evil chap, he's significantly better than Trump will be. What he isn't though, is someone who'll change things. Four more years of Trump might be horrendous for quite a few people (if we're honest, we'd probably agree that it hasn't been nearly as bad a four years under Trump as predicted for the majority), but it might just be enough to wake people up too. Otherwise you wait another 12-16 years for the next candidate who puts changing the system and challenging the status quo at the top of their agenda, and fuck knows what things will look like by then.

Inherent in your rant is that you think Trump is, or Biden would be "in charge" of the USA. It's like you're saying that Blair was, and Boris is in charge of the UK. Just like your views of left v. right, this is old traditional thinking that is as good as obsolete in the modern era. It wouldn't have been obsolete if Corbyn had won but the biggest question is WHO is in charge of the west?

Putin is clearly in charge of Russia and the party is in charge of China but arguably they're just as corrupt as the people who really control the west. Equality of opportunity and addressing the climate issues are required from natural justice and common sense alone but these aren't close to the agendas of the "leaders", self-gratification being the key drivers.

I'm amazed people still think in traditional terms without seeing what's really going on.

Inherent in your rant is that you think Trump is, or Biden would be "in charge" of the USA. It's like you're saying that Blair was, and Boris is in charge of the UK. Just like your views of left v. right, this is old traditional thinking that is as good as obsolete in the modern era. It wouldn't have been obsolete if Corbyn had won but the biggest question is WHO is in charge of the west?

Putin is clearly in charge of Russia and the party is in charge of China but arguably they're just as corrupt as the people who really control the west. Equality of opportunity and addressing the climate issues are required from natural justice and common sense alone but these aren't close to the agendas of the "leaders", self-gratification being the key drivers.

I'm amazed people still think in traditional terms without seeing what's really going on.

I didn't think that was inherent in what I wrote, but it's a fair point. I did mean "what they represent" rather than who they are. I agree about the traditional thinking of left v right, but it's difficult to articulate in another fashion that people would get. It's why I mentioned Climate Change, resource use etc. These things are, by definition "correct" targets, that transcend left/right. I'm interested in correct answers to these problems, or as close to/attempting to (I didn't think the green deal was necessarily the answer for example, but it was an attempt at least). I'm interested in freedom rather than living solely to feed a system. As to who owns it in the West, a glance at Biden and his deliberate pace-setters (Buttigegigig, Amy fitshertits and the ither cunt) donations would give a hint. In reality, I don't believe any one person or person(s) own the system anymore. It's owned by its religious followers. There are, of course, still yer players like the Koch (singular), Singer, Bezos (probably) and so on and yer facilitators like yer Pelerins, ERGs, Fox, Telegraph etc. However, I think for the most part the system controls itself, aided by a lack of questioning - deliberate or otherwise.

• 5 months later...

Trump's latest attack on Kamala is unsurprising but tragic at the same time. In a world where the US and the UK are managed by the mentally ill, it's not surprising that we have mentally ill among us. They voted them in after all.

But once upon a time, this was Aberdeen. We used to stand for something. The pollution in society is being reflected in here too, by mad people obsessed with style and self image, not substance.

CNN showed a reporter asking Trump a question. Something like "Do you regret lying to the American people"?

He asked the reporter to repeat the question, which he did verbatim. Trump then totally ignored him and moved on, stony-faced to the next question.

Failing to respond to questions, even valid ones and hoping that they go away is more stark in the written word on forums such as these. It reveals the shallowness or absence of character. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kowalski said:

Beginning to look like it could be close in the election. The democrats need to take a hard look at themselves if Trump is re-elected - Biden is a dinosaur, I’m sure they could’ve done a lot better. 

Just don’t get why they didn’t pick someone with a bit of life in them! A cat could beat drumpf.

Can’t believe the fat orange cunt is visiting Wisconsin today. There can only be one reason, and that’s to encourage further rioting. Fuck I hope something happens to him. USA is fucked anyway so they may as well go down in a blaze of glory and do the world a favour. 

10 hours ago, manc_don said:

Just don’t get why they didn’t pick someone with a bit of life in them! A cat could beat drumpf.

Yes and no. Trump is only the +/- 5% part of the voting, like in the UK (England), most are partisan along red or blue lines regardless. Trump and the Republicans will get 35% of the vote just because of generic voting. The battle is for the 5% swing in those key states. Gerrymandering and cheating the system will take account of almost all of that. Trump's attack on the postal voting system is just another part of a long, well funded and well designed system of voter suppression, ballot fixing and outright fraud.

In terms of Biden, I think he's a tool. Just another of the same tired old crap that gave us Clinton(s) and showed Obama up for the non-entity that he turned out to be. That said, his largely inoffensive nature is possibly a good thing (if you want a democrat win). His lack of real policy, his harmless centre right stance might be enough to win by just not being Trump. There's nothing concrete that the media will be able to go to town on him for and - most importantly - his "own side" of the media will back him 100%, unlike somebody like Sanders who definitely wouldn't represent their interests. It might just be enough to swing the vote in the key areas, but he'll need to win big if he's going to actually win as Trump will challenge it all the way and the systemic fraud and Republican justice system will see to it that any moderate win is a loss.

The real issue with Biden for me is that he represents very little change in reality. He'll bring in a competent government, make some minor changes that help some of the poorest in the minimum way possible, will do the basics on climate change, roll back on Iran etc. He'll win himself or Harris a second term. He won't have enough of a majority to do anything useful and he won't fix the voting system and general donor-based con that is the American political system. In 8 years time, the public will get largely bored and a more intelligent Trump will come along (Paul Ryan, let's say) with a nastier set of values and the willingness to see them through and the yanks will lap it up. Climate change's effects will be more severe, immigration "worse" and world politics more volatile. They'll vote him in just at the very worst possible time (worse than now). You then get 8 years of a Paul Ryan instead of Trump. You'll simply never get a move from Democrat to left Democrat in the US, it always goes from Bush to Obama, Clinton to Bush and so on.

I firmly believe that the yanks (and us) need the jolt of seeing what's really behind there political system, to really challenge it properly. I don't believe they've woken up to just how slimy Trump is and who he represents, because if they did then Biden wouldn't be acceptable either. Nothing short of full scale change of the American (and UK) political system will do. If four more years of Trump is what it takes to get America so low it can revolt, then that's what it has to be. There is no route via Joe Biden (that I can see) to fix the systemic problems that will lead to the breakdown of the planet and thus, I would assume, more war. I'm sure I'm missing something, but for me "not Trump" wouldn't get my vote.