Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January Transfer Window

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were watching Michael Uchebo but would be surprised if he came over for a trial.

Northsound reporting it is Daniel Uchechi

Chima Daniel "Danny" Uchechi (born September 14, 1989) is a Nigerian football forward currently playing for Nigeria National League side FC Dender.

Been on Loan to Leicester City and Sheffield Wednesday in the last 12 months.

However, Uchechi quite admits that he has not achieved his aim of going to Sheffield.

"Sadly, I found out that League One is not a football playing league. It's tougher than it is made out to be. You have to be well equipped physically to succeed there so I have not really achieved my aim of coming here.

"We all know that Nigerians are more technical but League One and Championship is more like kick and follow and we are not well adapted to that system."

:-\

Am I the only one who thinks the club should tell him to GTF and play with the youths for his last year? He's not important enough to the team to warrant the ass-kissing route that Arason, Aluko & Maguire got.

We'll get the same amount of money for him whether we play him again or not.

Youths at the club need ot be taught a lesson or this will keep happening. Did AFC not refuse to work with a particular agent (McNaughtons one?) at some point? This guy needs the same treatment.

I thought he HAD signed an extension?

Aberdeen FC today (Thursday 28 Jan) pulled off a major signing coup with starlet Fraser Fyvie penning a new three year contract at Pittodrie.

The 16 year old, who last night became the SPL's youngest ever scorer, has signed a deal tying him to Club until 2013.

Fyvie made his first team debut at just sixteen years and six months when he started in the 3-0 win at Hamilton Accies earlier this season. He has since gone on to make 13 appearances for the top team, with his goal at Tynecastle last night his first senior strike.

Director of Football Willie Miller said: "Fraser is a fantastic talent and we are delighted he has committed his immediate future to the club.

"He has made a big impact since coming in to the team and, given that he is so young, it makes it all the more impressive.

"Fraser represents all that we are working hard to achieve in nurturing our own talent through the Youth Academy, and this is great news for everyone involved in that setup.

"Peter Pawlett also signed a new long term deal recently, and we have players like Michael Paton and Chris Maguire who have come through the youth ranks as well. Nicky Low made his debut at Tynecastle last night too, and there are many more players coming up behind who will follow suit."

RedTV Mark McGhee speaks about the new deal for Fraser. To listen please click here

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100128/fraser-fyvie-signs-new-deal_2212158_1947652

Obviously the second paragraph was very literal.

I thought he HAD signed an extension?

You might be thinking of Jack?

He's a fud if this is true. He's not been the same since his injury and arguably not as important anymore. It's not like we're short of centre mids....

Edit: Isn't there a ruling where you can only sign 16 yr olds for no more than 2 years at a time? Or have I made that up ???