Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January Transfer Window

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh been told he can find himself another club if he wants apparently

Shame in some respects, as think he really gives 100% and wanted it to work out for him, but he has long enough and it frankly isn't going to happen for him. Thanks and bye bye Josh, a' the best for the future lad :wave:

Cheers, some how managed to say it twice.

Not had a double post for many years, and after me telling aff Jager for post hooring ;)

P.S Well done on your tv appearance. We all know who you are now :thumbsup:

Is it on iPlayer?

And re Josh, I echo your sentiments.

My beef with Josh is his complete fucking inability to cut a ball back instead of shoot when at a tight angle. Lost count of the number of times he's wasted chances by either not cutting it back to a Dons player or driving it across in the hope that a defender will put it in. He's certainly not going to beat the keeper from that angle and that's only if he manages to avoid the side netting.  ::)

Nae fussed. Bye Josh.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2012/01/10/josh-magennis-free-to-leave-aberdeen-as-craig-brown-begins-to-reshape-squad-86908-23692585/

ABERDEEN boss Craig Brown began his Pittodrie clearout by telling Northern Ireland international Josh Magennis that he’s free to leave if he can find another club.

The former Cardiff City striker, 21, was signed by Mark McGhee but has become frustrated at lack of first team football under the current regime.

Veteran Brown has ambitious plans to take the Pittodrie side to the next level and has only offered new deals to four of the dozen players out of contract in the summer.

But the cash-strapped club have insisted that players must be moved off the wage bill before replacements are brought in. Magennis is the first to leave but others will follow if they can be persuaded to move on.

Brown said: “Josh’s agent telephoned me to ask about his situation because he had not been getting a regular first team game.

“I have to stress that I didn’t call the agent in an effort to get rid of him. I’m in no hurry to see him leave as he has great potential.

“But if he believes it would be better to go elsewhere to play regularly we won’t stand in his way. I have told his agent to speak to us again if there is interest but so far that hasn’t happened.”

Brown ruled out securing short term replacements as cover for Peter Pawlett and Isaac Osbourne who picked up injuries at Forfar.

The results of scans will be known but both could be sidelined for long spells.

He said: “If we get bad news, it’s likely that we’ll just have to get on with what we have. A loan signing would be the most likely option.”

Meanwhile, the Dons’ teen stars Nicky Low and Joe Shaunessy will stay on loan at Forfar until the summer.

Slightly different story in the P&J:

Aberdeen rethink on Magennis as injuries bite

Published: 10/01/2012

ABERDEEN manager Craig Brown’s worst fears were realised yesterday when midfielders Peter Pawlett and Isaac Osbourne were ruled out for several weeks.

Injury doubts about leading scorer Scott Vernon and attacker Mohamed Chalali could scupper Josh Magennis’s hopes of leaving Pittodrie on loan this month.