Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

AFC - HIVs (17/12/11)

And as if by magic (following on from the Todays Fitba thread...)

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20111212/dads-lads-and-daughters-too_2212158_2540184

Dads, Lads and daughters too...why not escape the last minute Christmas shopping and join us at Pittodrie on Saturday 17th December, KO 12.30pm, as we welcome Hibs for what is sure to be a festive cracker!

And as it is the season of goodwill we are offering all adults who purchase a ticket for this game the chance to get 1 child under 12 in to Pittodrie for FREE!

To take advantage of this offer you must purchase your tickets before 5pm on Friday 16th December.

The offer applies to all home stands within the stadium.

Please call the ticket office on 01224 63 1903 for further details on this promotion.

I say this everytime they have an offer but why not have these offers in the gate, rather than a stupid deadline.  At least they are trying something but even the effort of arranging tickets in advance is too much in convenience for some, especially when the stadium will be 2/3rds empty

Correct! It also help masks the crowd crisis, a sub 7k paying attendance on Satuday will have meant we have made a significant loss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16166480.stm

Hibernian forward Leigh Griffiths has been given a one-match ban for a gesture aimed at Rangers fans.

The Edinburgh club have decided against contesting the punishment after being served with a notice of complaint from the Scottish Football Association.

And the 21-year-old, on loan from Wolves, will miss the Scottish Premier League visit to Aberdeen on Saturday.

Griffiths made the gesture during Hibs' 2-0 defeat after visiting supporters jeered when he toppled over.

His action was caught by the television cameras at Easter Road and SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny determined it a breach of rule 200, with "offensive, insulting or abusive gestures" deemed a sending-off offence.

A statement on the club website read: "Hibernian FC confirmed today it would not be appealing the notice of complaint issued by the Scottish FA compliance officer against Leigh Griffiths and would accept the one-match suspension offered."

He missed a couple of good chances against the huns so at least he won't make up for it against us.

I say this everytime they have an offer but why not have these offers in the gate, rather than a stupid deadline.  At least they are trying something but even the effort of arranging tickets in advance is too much in convenience for some, especially when the stadium will be 2/3rds empty

The cynic in me says that it si the club can turn round and say that they offered cut price tickets but nobody takes them up, therefore they would be as well charging full whack regardless.

10 Year Record at Pittodrie vs Hibernian

Played 21 Won 11 Drawn 2 Lost 8 For 32 Against 22

Last Draw: 21 Apr 2007 Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian SPL 9,753

Last 5 v Hibernian

11 Sep 2011 Hibernian 0 - 0 Aberdeen SPL 8,972

14 May 2011 Hibernian 1 - 3 Aberdeen SPL 11,767

09 Apr 2011 Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hibernian SPL 7,400

26 Dec 2010 Hibernian 1 - 2 Aberdeen SPL 10,115

23 Oct 2010 Aberdeen 4 - 2 Hibernian SPL 7,587

Current Form (SPL)

Aberdeen: Played 6 Won 1 Draw 2 Lost 3 For 9 Against 12

Hibernian: Played 6 Won 1 Draw 2 Lost 3 For 5 Against 9

Aberdeen:

WIN 2-1 St J (a)

DRAW 2-2 Buddies (h)

LOSS 0-2 Killie (a)

DRAW 3-3 Pars (a)

LOSS 1-2 Well (h)

LOSS 1-2 Huns (h)

Hibs:

LOSS 0-2 Huns (h)

LOSS 1-3 St J (a)

DRAW 1-1 Killie (h)

LOSS 0-1 Pars (h)

DRAW 0-0 Tims (a)

WIN 3-2 Buddies (a)

Manager Craig Brown did his pre match press conference today.

Craig Brown "We want to win every game and we do feel that it would be a great opportunity to confirm that the result we got wasn't a one off. We beat the team that is fourth in the league so we have to be optimistic about beating the team that's tenth at home.

"I respect Hibs and I respect their new manager so this is going to be a particularly difficult fixture. Their players will want to respond immediately. They were unfortunate that the first match in charge was against one of the Old Firm as that makes it even more difficult.I watched the game against Rangers and there wasn't much in it.

"In the dressing room and in the football club there has never been any negativity, that's my experience.

"It is early yet but we have a problem with one or two knocks. That's the disadvantage with midweek fixtures, recovery time is less for people like big Fallon, we took him off, Mawene, we took off as well and Arnason has taken a knock as well, these three are concerns and of course there is a suspension for Andrew Considine.

Rory McArdle was the player chosen to speak with media this week for the pre match press conference. To watch his conference in full on Red TV click here.

"The win against St. Johnstone was a good one. At the stage where I came on the aim was to see it out so as long as I went on and did that I thought. From a personal point of view I was pleased and really happy to get the win, all be it in tricky conditions."Rory McArdle

"The guys are doing so well at the back which can only be good for the team which means they have to play so well to stay in the team. If they have a dip in form at anytime I have to come in and keep the standard that they set. It is hard to be out of the team but it is good that it is because the guys are playing well.

"We won't find out if I'm in the team until Saturday but I will just prepare as though I'm in line to play like I do for every gameand if the chance comes then it's up to me on Saturday. I'm in a position where I'm out of contract at the end of the season and in order to get a new contract you need to be playing games and playing well.

"My opportunity will come and hopefully I will make the gaffer have positive problems. I am sure he would rather have problems because the lads are playing so well other than thinking he is not too sure who to put in because the boys aren't performing at the moment.

"On Tuesday our main priority was to get a win despite the conditions and the performance but I am sure the fans would rather us win ugly than play well and not get anything. To build on that is a massive thing, it's important that we go on a run of winning games and keep picking points up especially against teams like Hibs who are near us in the table at the moment.