Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

As I said.....i concede he always tried. Doesn't alter my opinion that he was inconsistent.

Don't think it's particularly harsh either. I'm certain many of our support would welcome him back in an instant. I just feel that his time with us is in the past and if he were to become available I'd rather not waste what would be a hefty wage on someone his age.

Totally agree. We're looking at it with too much nostalgia. He WAS inconsistent, as was Strachan but unlike Strachan, he's not an excellent footballer. After his injury, he's not near good enough for our opposition so he's not good enough for us, particularly given his age. Fuck Hayes.

But he's better than GMS.

I'd take Christie if it were financially viable though as I stated elsewhere I really don't think it will be and anyway I'd prefer Scott Allan.

I wouldn't take Christie. He was shite for his last six months here. Gutless.

If they're nowhere near good enough for the team we're trying to overtake, a team we are already ahead of this season, they should not be good enough for us. Call me old-fashioned but how about trying to raise the standards of the footballers we recruit and also get better performances from the ones we have?

Bar his first season with us I thought Hayes was a tremendous player for us. His final ball let him down at times, but if he had that we would never have had him in the first place. His workrate was tremendous and even when having a shit game he was still running about trying to create or defend. We really missed him last season and I would have had him back, but not now that we have McGinn back having them both back would be a huge step backwards for us.

• 2 weeks later...
He reiterated that his interest in Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna had ended - "that is closed, no more to add," - and said he is looking to lose some players before Friday.

"The squad is way too big, it is as simple as that," he said.

If Brendan Rodgers needs to ship out some players on the cheap I am sure Aberdeen will take a couple of his hands. :thumbsup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45390489

Now this is something that concerned me both at the league cup final and when I did a couple of first aid stints at tic champions league games.

If ever a stadium smacks of rennovation on the cheap it is celtic park and the situaiton they have on Janefield street is shocking.

The old 'Jungle' only held 5033 when they made it all seater yet the building standards folk of the mid 90s saw fit to allow the Janefield street access to remain the same for the current 27000 seater stand.

Now this is something that concerned me both at the league cup final and when I did a couple of first aid stints at tic champions league games.

If ever a stadium smacks of rennovation on the cheap it is celtic park and the situaiton they have on Janefield street is shocking.

The old 'Jungle' only held 5033 when they made it all seater yet the building standards folk of the mid 90s saw fit to allow the Janefield street access to remain the same for the current 27000 seater stand.

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks it’s a half decent ground, let alone something of high standard, is kidding themselves. It’s a concrete shitehole.

I mind being at a Scotland game there ,  against Latvia about 20 years ago, when we qualified for the World Cup finals. Me and the missus we in the North Stand that day and I can vividly rememer the crush on the ground floor in the area beneath the stand when the crowd was leaving at the end of the game. We were literally moved along by the surge of the crowd , and would have been unable to stop or change direction even if we wanted to. I can mind thinking that this must have been the norm due to the crowds the Tims got most games would have been about the same as the size of the crowd that day. I was surprised at not having heard of that sort of problem before.

From memory , I think there was a big iron fence/gate that was closed ,or had only a very small open bit which seemed to be the cause of the problem

We were back in the North Stand for the LC final in 2014 , with our 11 year old loon. We made sure that we hung back longer than most of the crowd before leaving our seats that day.

I guess that's why you need to have all of these pesky planning requirements these days, access routes, concourses to let crowds out into etc, etc...

Was this not due to police shutting a road or some such? Not stadium planning requirement, but match day planning requirement?

• 1 month later...

The SFA/SPFL eating out of their hands now UEFA have joined the bandwagon.

UEFA have revealed they have given Rangers special permission not to give visiting teams their full allocation of tickets in the Europa League due to safety concerns expressed by the police.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3329145/rangers-special-permission-uefa-ibrox-away-end-tickets-europa-league-safety-concerns/

Rules do not seem to mean nothing to these minks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Just wondered this morning when the greatest fans in the world will start to get irked with Brenda.

Six points behind Hearts (ok, with a game in hand) and beaten twice in the league already this season.  Knocked out of the Champions League and hanging on by their fingertips in a Europa League group that their fans will have expected to get through.  The pressure is on their manager for the first time since he has been there.

Interesting to see what the reaction will be if he loses on Sunday.  ???

As long as he keeps delivering league titles and keeps their quest for 10 in a row on track he is perfectly safe. The only question mark exists over Brenda himself. He will get bored winning trophies in a country where, with the huge financial gulf that exists between Celtic and everyone else, only the cups provide the (still relatively small) chance of an upset.

He will have his eye on another big job in England. Newcastle could become available soon and he is bound to be mentioned for it. As could West Ham. I think he would jump at the chance. Smaller clubs than Celtic for sure but would easily double possibly treble his current £30k per week

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Just reading that Celtic trained at Murrayfield earlier on this week.  What is all that about - as these semi finals are being played at "neutral" venues, have all teams been training at Murrayfield/Hampden as it's the first I'd heard of it?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok strictly speaking no longer relates to the Victims, but fucked if I was starting a new thread about this horrible specimen.

Without doubt one of my most disliked individuals to have played for Racist FC in the last ten years or so.

Don't bother clicking on the link.

The jist is that he is training with the youngsters at Gent, was voted in the League's team of duffers last season, banned from appearing in the squad photo for this season and has had all reference to him deleted from the club website

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/mikael-lustig-suffers-pariah-status-22574540