Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

Feel for Hayes as despite him going there, did everything he could to help us and the fans out. Certainly don’t wish him any ill will but he’ll be well looked after by then. Certainly rules out a loan away from Celtic park though. Not that they’ll be short of cash with van Dijk getting them a cool £7.5 m  >:(

As I said in the chat Hayes will be freed either in the summer or no later than this time next year. I think we will go for him but with this broken leg and his age I'm not sure it will be a good idea.

When Christie goes back to them in the summer he will have a year left on his contract at a club where he will never be anything more than a bit part player. I hope the board show a bit of ambition and offer 750k-1million and get him in for 3-4 years. I reckon after 2 years we would treble our cash

• 1 month later...

Just been to the baker.

There's a quine at the baker who's a rabid Tim.

Last week I went in and told her that was Celtic out of Europe.

She seemed surprised but I explained that ...winter break...first game out of the way....etc. etc.

Anyway the upshot was that I told her that they would get beat 3-0 in the return leg.

I'll admit to wearing a certain know all smirk this morning but the poor quine, almost tears in her eyes, said these immortal words.  "They've got a billion pound stadium in a'hing, how are we supposed to compete with that?"

I remember when a football conversation could go whole minutes without mentioning money.

Just been to the baker.

There's a quine at the baker who's a rabid Tim.

Last week I went in and told her that was Celtic out of Europe.

She seemed surprised but I explained that ...winter break...first game out of the way....etc. etc.

Anyway the upshot was that I told her that they would get beat 3-0 in the return leg.

I'll admit to wearing a certain know all smirk this morning but the poor quine, almost tears in her eyes, said these immortal words.  "They've got a billion pound stadium in a'hing, how are we supposed to compete with that?"

I remember when a football conversation could go whole minutes without mentioning money.

Must have been a savoury moment.

Hope you didn't rise to it and agree it was all about the dough ;)

Have to say was hoping for a 1-0 win. Then for Zenit to score first minute of injury time, so the tims ran about like mentalists for the remaining 29 minutes, equalising at the death, before a humiliating and degrading penalty shoot out loss without scoring a single one.

*this may not have been possible within the rules. 

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

They've got a billion pound stadium in a'hing, how are we supposed to compete with that?"

Sounds like a bit of a half baked excuse that one  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Graeme Souness believes that Rangers beating Celtic in this weekend’s derby clash would be good for Scottish football.He said: “I’ve been involved in some big derbies – Liverpool v Everton, Liverpool v Man United, Fenerbahce v Galatasaray, but this is the biggest one.

“For Rangers and Celtic supporters, you don’t become one, you’re born one. 

He does speak some shit for the benefit of the Glasgow Scottish Football media. :hammer:

• 2 months later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

After suffering all of the "DM has taken the club as far as he can" rubbish stories last season, I take it that the press will adopt a similar approach with the tims and push for Rodgers to leave having done the double treble?  ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is then it makes their exit even funnier  :rofl: :rofl:

"Celtic have stockpiled money. They've spent £2m on disco lights at Celtic Park for Champions League nights. They might not get there. Invest in the playing squad."

Celtic have signed Daniel Arzani: Manchester City winger on loan for two years. Always thought one year was the norm for loan deals.

What must Christie and Hayes think about this loan and why are Celtic paying wages to players who hardly ever play for them....  :confused:

Bring them home... :wave:

I'd take Christie if it were financially viable though as I stated elsewhere I really don't think it will be and anyway I'd prefer Scott Allan.

Hayes nope not for me. Wrong side of 30, had a bad injury and despite the adulation on here, he was every bit as inconsistent as GMS is now....you would get one fantastic game, one good game, 2 average performances and 2 stinkers every 6 games in no particular order.

Edit.....Although I do concede that even when having a stinker, he would always put maximum effort in

Hayes nope not for me. Wrong side of 30, had a bad injury and despite the adulation on here, he was every bit as inconsistent as GMS is now....you would get one fantastic game, one good game, 2 average performances and 2 stinkers every 6 games in no particular order.

I think that is an incredibly harsh view of Hayes' last couple of (at least) seasons with us. His work rate was insane, and he nearly always offered a threat. When he was struggling to beat a man he never gave up and never gave the player time in defence or attack. It's why I don't think the Tims will offer him to anyone, he'll be a reliable member of their squad who'll fill a hole whenever called upon.

As I said.....i concede he always tried. Doesn't alter my opinion that he was inconsistent.

Don't think it's particularly harsh either. I'm certain many of our support would welcome him back in an instant. I just feel that his time with us is in the past and if he were to become available I'd rather not waste what would be a hefty wage on someone his age.