Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty filthy tim unwashed mink news

Kowalski

• 6 months later...

Interesting.  They have had managers on one year rolling since O'Neill.  I wonder if they have done this to ensure a good fee if someone comes in for him.  I'll be very surprised if he's here for another 4 years.

Precisely how I viewed it. Wouldn't be surprised if he even suggested it. Works out for both parties

Interesting.  They have had managers on one year rolling since O'Neill.  I wonder if they have done this to ensure a good fee if someone comes in for him.  I'll be very surprised if he's here for another 4 years.

not surprised (both that they've signed him up or if he leaves before it ends), given he's the first actual manager they've had since O'Neill, rather than some ex-player or budget buy.

And, of course, it fits in with their "10 in a row" obsession.

• 3 weeks later...

Scott Brown's red changed to a yellow after appeal. If it wasn't such blatant cheating it would be funny. That is an appalling decision by SPFL.

Shocking decision.

However, what is funny is this:

While Brown is available to play in the Old Firm derby at Ibrox, the yellow card takes him over the disciplinary threshold that triggers a two-game suspension.

That means he will sit out subsequent league matches against St Johnstone and Aberdeen.

Zombies will burst with conspiracy theories now :thumbsup:

Just posted in the Tim thread. No-one holds them to account so can make blatantly corrupt decisions like this with impunity. It's an absolute farce.

A tim mate of mine said it was a farcical decision in the first place. I have no idea what challenge he saw.

Strange one like. I can sort of see why a ref would give just a yellow in a match, but to overturn his decision seems bizarre. It's borderline during the game in that it could have been argued either way. An aggressive challenge, out of control and deliberate (i.e. not going for the ball) with studs raised. It's very difficult not just to back the ref in this instance. It makes it very difficult for refs when they're undermined for decisions like this. There is simply no need to overrule him when the challenge meets all the criteria for a red card. Compare it to the one Hayes appealed against the Tims last season (the Quinn winner game), where it was agreed that the player was out of control. He wasn't at all. Whereas Brown, here, aimed at the player with his foot in a position that could have really hurt the player. I hope this is held up as evidence in all future appeals we have.

We've only had one straight red this season (Stockley) so it's difficult to compare decisions.

100% red card.

Spiteful attempt to injure another player while in a rage.

Without doubt absolutely bang on. Was watching the game with my BiL who grew up supporting the Tims but now is a ST holder at Victoria Park so I think perfectly placed to offer a completely unbiased view. The above accurately reflects his comments at the time.

They ought to hang their heads in shame at even having had the audacity to appeal this in the first place.

Their justification of this outrageous decision will of course be that Halliday didn't get red carded after three minutes in Sunday's game for his assault on some Tim player.

What fucking chance have the rest of us got with corrupt officialdom such as this ::)

Christ min Al, I can't believe you are right with this guff.

Just turned off the podcast of Sportsound and some weegie bastards are trying to compare it to Halliday's tackle.

So, let me get this right, a defense can now consist of comparing your crime with something unrelated that may happen in the future.

Only listened to 10 minutes or so, God knows who picks the guests but they could at least try to make sure that they can speak properly.

The program sounded like an advert for Tunes.

• 1 month later...

Aye I rode to it on a unicorn I stole from this ginger lad with bad teeth.

A quick google and, he's getting confused with preseason in '96 when we played in the south.

Shelboutne and Dundalk. Miller always was a Tim  Fuckwit. I suppose Dundalk is halfway between Dublin and Belfast but Shelbourne is in a whole different city. I doubt either club would be happy to be confused with Linfield either.

Whyte and Miller would have been wih us at the same time, but I'm of the same view as you that by the time Whyte came to Pittodrie (on a FOUR & HALF YEAR contract) Aitken had been punted.

P.S thanks for ruining my day by bringing up Alex "Fucking" Miller ::)

Aitken would have been there 96 as remember his daughter getting a mate to ask me out around that time. Didnt know who she was so said "who" to be told "Roy Aitkens daughter" followed by an immediate "no" from me. Don't think I even set eyes on her.  :laughing:

Don't think Whyte joined untill after I moved to englandshire. First I seen of him would have been the snowball game against the tims.

Whyte joined in 97, Miller left in 98 and Aitken was punted in 97. Must've been pre-season 97 that Linfield disgraced themselves by shooting at those Aberdeen legends. The laser thing is true though. Miller was often targeted in his dons days just as he was about to cross the ball.

Whyte signed December 97, Aitken was gone by then.

Miller's had a mare there. Not for the first time.

I saw the article. He was referring to playing there for Celtic not us. Its Linfield ( Norn Irn oldco tribute act) who have har the 'mare