Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen - St. Johnstone

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster, Fyvie were good. Milsom was unfortunately made to look quite poor on occasion by the strikers ahead of him. Never seen two strikers in one team so motionless in my life. It was bordering on the amateur.  Pathetic performances by both and neither could complain if dropped for next week.

Osbourne impressed in midfield, a good tidy player and I think Arnason will be a real find for us.

EDIT: Foster's performance as a captain was very good too, stuck up for his players, encouraged them, gave them a rollicking when needed and got in the ref's face when required (Vernon head knock in particular). Good stuff all round.

Yip BB, Foster was excellent all round. Agree there were serious issues up front, not sure they undestood what the plan was!

The "same old shite" is wide of the mark, but the general standard of football was pretty poor. We look much more compact and solid and I was far from disappointed in Mawene and Consi at the back.

Just wish there was more patience in the team, they looked so much better when they actually thought about what they were doing with the ball and fucking looked up rather than the aimless punt to the edge of the box which frankly gives the strikers fuck all.

shite.

I hope St Johnstones performance is not an example of how they (or any other SPL team) will play this season.

They made no effort to capitalise on their extra man and in their 2 efforts on target (BBC stats) were nothing more than passbacks to gonzales.

Train back to glasgow they were singing and dancing about as if they had won the match.

Sidenote - The singing section.

Might have misread the situation but it appears they are expected to sit down and sing. Cops looked as bemused as the rest of us with way the stewards reacted.

Either theres been some sort of misundersanding, the stewards havent been advised or AFC just scored another own goal with the fans

Magennis in contention for starting next week?

Nice run when he came on and at least gave some movement.

A few folk have suggested this, however, id argue that he is only effective when he comes on as a sub. Bring him on for the final 30 mins to stretch the game. His finish was woeful yesterday after he'd created a good chance for himself.

Was reasonably happy with the performance.  Thought we were never really tested defensively and can't say I saw this nervousness in Mawene that Tam kept on going on about.

Thought we still looked the better side when down to 10 but never really looked like scoring.  Not sure our attacking play is helped by playing PP on the left, would much prefer to see him taking FBs on out wide right but given our current squad I suppose folk have to get shifted around a little.

Difficult to read too much into one game, especially against a side who never showed any real willingness to win the game but don't think we'll struggle like we did last season but top6 might be a bit too much to ask unless we get a winger and striker in.