Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

Weird like. Some shite on the BBC on Friday about his departure from the Hun being the hardest moment in his life or some shite. I'd have sacked him for that pish as well, he's a manager he needs to lead by example and not be moaning about something that occurred at a different club. Strange one anyway though, I'd have thought he'd do okay given his general fitness and perceived (by me) professionalism. He's maybe an absolute cockpiece who the players hate. Management career over before it's started I'd have thought. No easy way back fae that.

Seems that there might have been a clause in the contract whereby either party could end the contract after two months but unclear as to which party has actually served the termination notice.

Anyway, all a bit irrelevant as far as i am concerned. Diddy little club and a Hun.

Livingston Football Club has been in discussions over the weekend with Kenny Miller and his representatives.

The club felt that the Player-Manager role wasn’t working and had requested that Kenny reverted to the a full time Manager’s role. Kenny however feels that he isn’t ready to give up his football career at this time.

As a result the club and Kenny have amicably agreed to part company.

Livingston Football Club would like to thank Kenny for his honesty and openness, and wish him well for the future.

Because they think he's shyte.....

Possibly, but he's clearly a better striker then anyone they'd likely afford. Perhaps he's incapable of doing the fitba and management at the same time, which is maybe not surprising. I have to admit, I think it's good to see a player wanting to continue as long as he can. Fair play to him*.

* the dirty hun fuck etc.

Possibly, but he's clearly a better striker then anyone they'd likely afford. Perhaps he's incapable of doing the fitba and management at the same time, which is maybe not surprising. I have to admit, I think it's good to see a player wanting to continue as long as he can. Fair play to him*.

* the dirty hun fuck etc.

Livi were happy for him to continue as manager alone but he had to stop playing. Hes a bawhair off 39...no doubt he is fit for someone that age but I don't think any SPFL teams would have been quaking in their boots at the thought of facing him. He might manage a season or 2 still playing for a League 1 team.

Subbsy binned. Hilarious. Worst management performance I've seen at Pittodrie since McGhee in that cup match. Sticking with ridiculous tactics despite shipping goals - classic McGhee.

St Mirren fans have been saying they wanted him gone since league cup group games as they could see the shambles that was developing even then. Sacking him now however means new manager has to work with dross that Stubbs signed until January so far chance their fucked anyway.

St Mirren fans have been saying they wanted him gone since league cup group games as they could see the shambles that was developing even then. Sacking him now however means new manager has to work with dross that Stubbs signed until January so far chance their fucked anyway.

Horrific timing.

BBC Scotland Gossip page:

Jim Goodwin is the favourite to replace axed Alan Stubbs.

Gus MacPherson is a front-runner to replace Stubbs.

Jim McIntyre is thought to be the front-runner to succeed Stubbs.

Gossip at it's best from BBC  :confused:

The BBC gossip column just quotes the papers so it's no surprise they're full of shit.

St Mirren announce Oran Kearney as their new manager, giving him a 3 year contract. He's the son in law of Kenny Shiels who I'm sure you're all familiar with.

Bit of a gamble this, Stubbs was a sensible choice, he had experience in this league, albeit it never worked out ( in the very short time he got ) In saying that, perhaps Kearney will do a great job, time will tell.

St Mirren announce Oran Kearney as their new manager, giving him a 3 year contract. He's the son in law of Kenny Shiels who I'm sure you're all familiar with.

Bit of a gamble this, Stubbs was a sensible choice, he had experience in this league, albeit it never worked out ( in the very short time he got ) In saying that, perhaps Kearney will do a great job, time will tell.

Kearney was allegedly the runner up to Stubbs in the original interview process.

Stubbs is an imposter of a manager who got lucky with a Scottish cup win. He had two goes at getting hibs out of the championship and failed miserably so why st Mirren thought he’d be any use with a lower budget in a higher league god only knows. He was also rank rotten at Rotherham so i’d say his managerial days at any half decent level are over.

• 1 month later...