Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

31 minutes ago, Jute said:

Only his second year in management and given the transfer embargo that was in place I think Lampard has done a reasonable job. Be interesting to see how Lampard does now he can spend. 

Between Giroud, Abraham, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and others, he's really spoiled for great talent up front. Interesting how he dropped Jorginho a few times - an ever-present under Sarri - a brave move given he plays for Italy but was unpopular there when he first came because he was the unpopular manager's blue-eyed boy. Kante a class act there and if he stays injury-free, can be very influential.

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, Jute said:

Parkinson sacked by Sunderland. Wonder if they will come back in for McInnes. Don’t think he will accept it they do as they are a bigger basket case than they were before.

Nah, McInnes is holding out for the Celtic job. Just waiting to see if McGhee gets it first.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Nah, McInnes is holding out for the Celtic job. Just waiting to see if McGhee gets it first.

The Tims are not bowing to mob rule ?, but McInnes 'should' at least in contention. In any other country he would be. For 7 out of the last 8 seasons he's been the closest contender to 3 Celtic managers and his record against Gerrard must be about as good as Lennon's despite the gulf in finance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 09:32, RicoS321 said:

Surely.... McInnes, former club etc. Thought I'd get in early.

On 16/12/2020 at 19:42, tom_widdows said:

Allardyce it is then.
Diddy club English football seems to be like a village which has several small building firms, none of which can do a decent job but always seem to get work as the locals can't be bothered to do actually look for someone competent from further afield.

Think it's fair to say that that ship has well and truly sailed for McInnes now.

Never even got a chance to be quoted on the bookies odds this time around

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Think it's fair to say that that ship has well and truly sailed for McInnes now.

Never even got a chance to be quoted on the bookies odds this time around

They wouldn't take McInnes while they're in the prem but if they were in the championship and looking for a manager then there's no reason to think he wouldn't at least be in the conversation.

18 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

They wouldn't take McInnes while they're in the prem but if they were in the championship and looking for a manager then there's no reason to think he wouldn't at least be in the conversation.

Do you think so? The guy isn't a winner and I'd say his stock has fallen considerably.  I guess they might talk to him out of courtesy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mourinhio OOT

Some rumour about im refusing to take training in a protest about the superleague plan

Shall just head down across to a bookies website to see what the odds on the scottish red-tops running a story about him and the Tic job

Edited by tom_widdows

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2021 at 19:25, Jute said:

Why would me do that? Kane is more than likely off and Levy is not a man who likes to splash the cash with transfers. 

4 hours ago, scotfree said:

Why would me do that? Kane is more than likely off and Levy is not a man who likes to splash the cash with transfers. 

From what I have read it seems to be Levy that is doing all the running on this. He has been under a lot of pressure following ESL farce and sees bring back Pochettino as a way of deflecting some of this. Pochettino would have all the power in this and should be able to get guarantees on transfers and funds.