Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Managers in England

You can just see that coming eh?

Totally, and the momentum for Kenny to be put in charge on a permanent basis will gather.

It would probably do Liverpool and Dalglish more good however if they get an absolute pumping, in a perverse way (much the same as Brown and Knox being at Tynie for our pummelling).

Can't see Dalglish standing for some of the dingles in that squad, severe drop off in quality from his last time at Anfield.

Totally, and the momentum for Kenny to be put in charge on a permanent basis will gather.

It would probably do Liverpool and Dalglish more good however if they get an absolute pumping, in a perverse way (much the same as Brown and Knox being at Tynie for our pummelling).

Can't see Dalglish standing for some of the dingles in that squad, severe drop off in quality from his last time at Anfield.

I can't see them losing as it goes, you'd have to think him just appearing in the dressing room would have an instant effect but winning with a new manager "legend" bounce probably only tells them one thing, they've a squad of slackers.

They need investment and a quick bounce will give the owners the chance to dodge that, a pumping, as you say, may well serve them better in the long run.

The Liverpool  defender Glen Johnson has launched an outspoken attack on Paul Merson after the former Arsenal midfielder criticised his attitude this season.

Merson, a pundit on Sky Sports' Soccer Saturday programme, was discussing the departure of Liverpool's manager Roy Hodgson when he called Johnson's performances into question. The right-back, who trained with the rest of the squad at Melwood this morning ahead of tomorrow's FA Cup third-round tie which will see the return of Kenny Dalglish as temporary manager, was obviously watching the programme. And he chose to respond via his Twitter page.

"Comments from alcoholic drug abusers are not really gonna upset me and who is Paul Merson to judge players, he was average at the best of times," Johnson wrote. "The only reason he's on that show is coz he gambled all his money away. The clown!"

A number of people complained that Johnson had brought up Merson's former drug problems and the comments were soon deleted.

Bit harsh to single out Merson as Le Tissier also ripped Johnson as did Stelling.  Still, if you're going to give it out etc...

Bit harsh to single out Merson as Le Tissier also ripped Johnson as did Stelling.  Still, if you're going to give it out etc...

To be fair, Merson is right, Johnson's performances have been crap and Merson would rip Johnson to shreds!

Terrible footballer. I remember properly laughing when I heard how much they'd paid for him.

yip. Also it kind of backs up the point that his attitude is bad that he comes out and says shit like that instead of getting on with the job in any kind of dignified way. Seems to believe he's world class when I'm not even sure he's EPL class.

yip. Also it kind of backs up the point that his attitude is bad that he comes out and says shit like that instead of getting on with the job in any kind of dignified way. Seems to believe he's world class when I'm not even sure he's EPL class.

He looked half decent for Portsmouth as he was allowed to attack, same at West Ham. At Chelsea, Liverpool and with England when he has to have a bit of defensive discipline he badly falters. He was awful for one of Blackburns goals the other night where he was beaten on the by line.

^^ +1

Although he's certainly a legendary figure at Liverpool, the support is putting their blind faith in him based on nothing more than that. It's like Shearer at Newcastle but not quite as serious. Dalglish has managed of course, but not for nearly 20 (?) years.

Kinda want him to make a complete cunt of it to see who the Kop will chant for next.

Liverpool are a joke and the fans are off their collective rockers salivating over Dalgleish taking over in the interim.

Will be fun watching him struggle to get improved results out of that bunch.

If Dalgleish had any sense he'd stick to playing Golf

I think it's possible Dalglish could coax a performance or 2 out of that lot but not much more, they are where they should be.

I'd be surprised if the majority of fans are really convinced by this appointment however thick we may portray the bindippers.

Here's hoping. I really dislike LFC, for no good reason.

I hate them too.  Despise them.  I think it is in part the elitisim of their fans (seems a Scouse thing in general) that they are the best fans going, and how a European night in the Kop is like no other.  I think in part it is the Rafa years, and how I really disliked the guy.  Yet you can still barely say a bad word about him to Liverpool fans without getting your head bitten off.  Then there is Carragher's stupid face.  Finally, they remind me of Celtic far too much.

On that last point, the appointment of Dalglish till the end of the season and the reaction of the Liverpool fans just reminds me of Celtic and the premise they have with the "Celtic-minded."  Despite having no involvement in the day to day running of a club at manager level in the best part of a decade (where he even failed) they think he is the second coming (or should that be third).  Then they go on to say he will instil the true meaning of Liverpool through training, team talks etc, as if that would make a difference to the overpaid "superstars" in their squad.  While Hodgson was failing and probably had to go, I struggle to see how any Liverpool fan can truly be happy with this appointment, plenty are.  Oh well, happy days for me as far as Liverpool are concerned in the short term...