Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

I fucking HATE that cunt Bain!!

They are all cunts.

Sacked Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston has urged Rangers fans to "remain vigilant and continue to exert pressure" on new owner Craig Whyte.

Johnston and director Paul Murray have been removed from the Ibrox board, having refused to resign their posts.

Chief executive Martin Bain and finance director Donald McIntyre have been suspended pending an internal inquiry.

On Whyte's plans for Rangers, Johnston said: "He needs to walk the walk and not just talk the talk."

Johnston, who had expressed doubts during Whyte's protracted takeover of Sir David Murray's majority shareholding, had indicated previously that he would step down at the end of the season.

That was later delayed with the agreement of Whyte, pending the disclosure of more details about the buyout to shareholders, information that is due on or before 6 June.

New appointments to the Ibrox board are likely to be made within the next two or three weeks.

However, it is understood John McClelland and John Greig will not be asked to resign their positions.

Continue reading the main story

I think the biggest force for change at Rangers is for Mr Whyte to appreciate that there are thousands of fans who are going to police his activities.

Alastair Johnston Former Rangers chairman

Speaking to BBC Radio Scotland, Johnston added: "I'm not going to make any comment with respect to the current circumstances at the current time, except that I will say - as a lifelong Rangers fan and a real one - that the 26,000 other shareholders in Rangers, as well as the hundreds of thousands of other supporters need to remain vigilant and continue to exert pressure on Mr Whyte to support the club financially as he has publicly committed to do.

"As far as I'm concerned, the next time we see a photograph of him holding up the SPL trophy, let us all hope - especially me - that he has earned the right to do it.

"The directors all had an independent view on evaluating all the evidence and circumstances that we were privy to - and everyone came to their own decisions. So, I'm not going to second-guess or speak for anyone else.

"I think the biggest force for change at Rangers is for Mr Whyte to appreciate that there are thousands of fans who are going to police his activities. Not what he says, but what he does.

"I was scheduled to step down on the 15 May, right after the last game of the season, but I agreed with Mr Whyte that I would stay on for a couple more weeks to oversee the circular that he's obliged to submit to all of the other minority shareholders in terms of what he is going to commit to the club in financial terms.

Rangers owner Craig Whyte poses with the SPL trophy Whyte completed his takeover in time to see Rangers win the SPL title

"Of the position of Liberty Capital, his own personal holding company that purportedly holds the purse strings to the financial commitment he is making in the club, and that was the way we left it last week.

"So, the bottom line is, I had already thought by this time I would have been off the board or stepped down.

"I said two years ago when I took the assignment that it was never a job - it was one I volunteered for. As chairman, my mission was to shepherd the club from the David Murray era to the era of a new owner.

"I still have a full-time job with IMG, but it was a commitment I made as a Rangers fan and as someone who could immodestly could help the club for the foreseeable future. There was never any intention for me to stay on once a new owner came on board."

Outgoing director Murray led a late bid to rival Whyte's successful takeover.

A spokesman for Whyte said: "Craig has no comment to make on what is an internal matter for Rangers."

Meanwhile, a statement to the stock exchange read: "The board announces that Cairn Financial Advisers LLP has been appointed PLUS corporate adviser to the company with immediate effect."

• 4 weeks later...
Rangers owner Craig Whyte plans to transform the area around Ibrox Stadium into a retail and leisure development to include a luxury hotel, shops, restaurant, sports centre and upmarket apartments - and he has already held talks with Glasgow City Council. (News of the World)

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Has he ever been in Govan?

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Has he ever been in Govan?

Ibrox isnt in Govan

anyhoo id say this is good news. Rangers new chairmen is more interested in building another paisley road west retail park than he is clearing their debt or buying them new players

Ibrox isnt in Govan

anyhoo id say this is good news. Rangers new chairmen is more interested in building another paisley road west retail park than he is clearing their debt or buying them new players

More inclined to think this is classic diversionary tactics right out of the Murray book, Murray said he was going to do this approximately every 5 years. It is, and always will be, total fucking shite.

More troubles for Mr Bain

AXED Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is being probed by the club over an alleged £130,000 pay rise, The Scottish Sun can reveal.

It's claimed the wage hike for Bain - putting him on £633,000 a year - had NOT been officially approved by the board.

New owner Craig Whyte suspended Bain after buying the Ibrox club last month.

It's understood that Bain's annual salary was increased at a time when Rangers were toiling under a mountain of debt and had to slash the budget.

And it's thought the length of the 44-year-old's contract was under question. Yesterday Bain called in lawyers over his job axe.

His time at Ibrox was over after he and four other Gers chiefs released a bombshell statement voicing fears about Whyte's ownership of the club.

They hit out just an hour after the tycoon bought Gers from Sir David Murray in a £33million deal.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3649562/Gers-probe-Bains-130k-pay-hike.html#ixzz1Pu68H4Sr

More troubles for Mr Bain

AXED Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is being probed by the club over an alleged £130,000 pay rise, The Scottish Sun can reveal.

It's claimed the wage hike for Bain - putting him on £633,000 a year - had NOT been officially approved by the board.

New owner Craig Whyte suspended Bain after buying the Ibrox club last month.

It's understood that Bain's annual salary was increased at a time when Rangers were toiling under a mountain of debt and had to slash the budget.

And it's thought the length of the 44-year-old's contract was under question. Yesterday Bain called in lawyers over his job axe.

His time at Ibrox was over after he and four other Gers chiefs released a bombshell statement voicing fears about Whyte's ownership of the club.

They hit out just an hour after the tycoon bought Gers from Sir David Murray in a £33million deal.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3649562/Gers-probe-Bains-130k-pay-hike.html#ixzz1Pu68H4Sr

This makes me happy.

• 1 month later...
Rangers manager Ally McCoist says he will not be speaking to the BBC until he receives an apology for a news item last week about violence and Old Firm games. (Various)

What a fanny. I'd love to say that this means we'll get no press coverage on the matter...

New Rangers manager Ally McCoist is refusing to speak to the BBC after accusing them of an 'appalling' misrepresentation of his attitude to sectarianism and football violence.

McCoist was angry with the Reporting Scotland programme which was screened last Friday ahead of the new SPL season, which looked at the efforts to avoid the much-publicised problems which blighted the Old Firm rivalry last season.

The 48-year-old was shown in one clip appearing to smile when answering a question about violence at Old Firm matches. An angry McCoist says the clip was after another unrelated question and believes the piece has been edited to show him in a negative light.

McCoist refused the BBC access to his media conference on Monday at Murray Park ahead of the Uefa Champions League third qualifying round, first leg tie against Malmo at Ibrox.

The 48-year-old, who worked as a television football analyst for ITV Sport and was a team captain on the BBC’s Question of Sport programme for many years before going into coaching, says the ban will remain in place until he receives an apology from BBC Scotland.

McCoist said: 'I won’t speak to anyone from the BBC until I get an apology for their broadcast last Friday night which, in my opinion, was appalling.

'Having worked in television for a good number of years, I know exactly what went on.

'I can handle left-field questions all day long, that wasn’t the problem. It was how the whole interview was put across. While they asked the question, they showed a shot of me when I’d just answered another question.

'The whole thing was put together to show I had a flippant attitude towards either religious bigotry or trouble between Old Firm fans. As most people know, I don’t have a flippant attitude towards those subjects. Far from it.

'There was a comment in the piece, after showing me smiling, when the reporter said ‘Well, it might not bother Ally McCoist…’ Well, believe me, it does bother Ally McCoist.

'It was appalling. I won’t be marching anyone out of press conferences or anything like that. But I won’t speak to anyone at the BBC until they say sorry.'

A BBC spokesman said: 'We are aware that Rangers have expressed concern about a news item.'