Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

21 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

The good thing about the minute's applause is that you can visibly and respectfully reject it by just not joining in. It's a fairly easy compromise. This entire charade is taking place in order to be seen. It's not a mark of respect or an opportunity to grieve, it's purely to be seen to be doing something. In that regard, I find it utterly disrespectful. I'd love to see the sadness-cams on sportscene panning across a whole stand of Dons and Hibs fans just not joining in with an enforced measure. I hope every Dons fan going that doesn't feel the grief makes sure that they are in the ground and politely not taking part. I'd love it even more if the tannoy announcer said something along the lines of: "we're about to hold a minute's applause for the death of the Queen. If you don't wish to join in, there is certainly no obligation, but we do ask you to please be respectful of those that wish to.". It'd just be nice to think that people aren't just joining in because they feel obliged to, that it's a completely acceptable thing to just stand in silence (or chatting, whatever suits). The objective of the entire thing is to show a single view of Britishness. A "national mourning". The media in this country are shaping a narrative rather than reporting on it and they want football fans to be a part of their show. Any viewer of British media in the last week would assume a nation in hysterics, without exception and that really isn't the case. The people standing in 24 hour queues to view a corpse-box aren't normal and they aren't representative of Britain as whole, less so Scotland. I think it's important that football shows that whilst being respectful of those that feel differently - which in Scotland is the minority. In my opinion, booing the dead monarch would be crass, however booing that seamless switch to new king via gstk would be a completely different proposition. I don't believe Dons or Hibs fans will have that shite forced upon them today though.

Not a royalist in any shape nor form but this is clearly a big deal to a lot of people. My initial thought was that, like you Rico, it was more of an english thing but the queues at the cathedral in Edinburgh last week suggests otherwise. That aside and whatever you think of the monarchy, it saddens me that some people would feel the need to make an arse of themselves and shout abuse during the minutes silence or the playing of god save the queen/king. Says a lot about people if they cannot stand quietly for two minutes of their life without acting like a dick. I get the impression many non fitba followers think fitba fans are arseholes and these kind of things don’t do much to help.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Not a royalist in any shape nor form but this is clearly a big deal to a lot of people. My initial thought was that, like you Rico, it was more of an english thing but the queues at the cathedral in Edinburgh last week suggests otherwise. That aside and whatever you think of the monarchy, it saddens me that some people would feel the need to make an arse of themselves and shout abuse during the minutes silence or the playing of god save the queen/king. Says a lot about people if they cannot stand quietly for two minutes of their life without acting like a dick. I get the impression many non fitba followers think fitba fans are arseholes and these kind of things don’t do much to help.

There is a huge difference between respecting a minute's silence for a deceased person and sitting through a religious song for a political institution. It's massively important that we differentiate the two.

People can stand quietly for a couple of minutes, they're choosing not to. There's a difference. When you bring a political a t into the realm of fitba and try to force it onto people, a reaction should be expected. There's no more lack of respect in that than there is the scum exploiting a fake love of the Queen in their faux sectarian British v Irish pathetic dickfest. With that backdrop, the Arab's action was both understandable and hugely crass. There was no need for any marking of the occasion at football matches. There's a silence tonight for those that need it, and a funeral and day off tomorrow. Other than the scum, everyone else was "seen to be doing something". A completely disingenuous and disrespectful action from mature adults who should have just politely not joined in. The real arseholes are the people that forced the position knowing the reaction.

Also, it's worth putting the Edinburgh crowds in perspective. More people turned out for Hibs' Scottish cup parade, and it hadn't gleaned wall to wall coverage on every single news outlet and electronic billboard. The number of people videoing the passing death wagon showed a distinct voyeurism rather than mourning from a large portion of those crowds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

There is a huge difference between respecting a minute's silence for a deceased person and sitting through a religious song for a political institution. It's massively important that we differentiate the two.

People can stand quietly for a couple of minutes, they're choosing not to. There's a difference. When you bring a political a t into the realm of fitba and try to force it onto people, a reaction should be expected. There's no more lack of respect in that than there is the scum exploiting a fake love of the Queen in their faux sectarian British v Irish pathetic dickfest. With that backdrop, the Arab's action was both understandable and hugely crass. There was no need for any marking of the occasion at football matches. There's a silence tonight for those that need it, and a funeral and day off tomorrow. Other than the scum, everyone else was "seen to be doing something". A completely disingenuous and disrespectful action from mature adults who should have just politely not joined in. The real arseholes are the people that forced the position knowing the reaction.

Also, it's worth putting the Edinburgh crowds in perspective. More people turned out for Hibs' Scottish cup parade, and it hadn't gleaned wall to wall coverage on every single news outlet and electronic billboard. The number of people videoing the passing death wagon showed a distinct voyeurism rather than mourning from a large portion of those crowds.

👏👏👏

As I said prior i wouldn't have disturbed the minutes silence (though winding up all those huns at mordor would have been tempting and I did laugh my ass off when I heard the utd fans getting stuck in from the moment the whistle blew) though I would probably have gone to the khazi instead of taking part in it.  Gstk is fair game, I'm an atheist republican. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have to say Porteous doesn't sit very high in my liking of Scottish footballers, but the one thing I do like about him is is complete dislike of those fuckers. Suffice to say my dislike of him will go off the scale if if turns out he has been a fake and joins them 🙄

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Have to say Porteous doesn't sit very high in my liking of Scottish footballers, but the one thing I do like about him is is complete dislike of those fuckers. Suffice to say my dislike of him will go off the scale if if turns out he has been a fake and joins them 🙄

Sounds like agent pish.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, manc_don said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that some of them are huns?

Which ones?

Some claiming its inspired by ACDC's first ever gig in Scotland but some say that was actually in Edinburgh.

Only good news is apparently there is going to be a 2024 tour

Edited by tom_widdows

3 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Which ones?

Some claiming its inspired by ACDC's first ever gig in Scotland but some say that was actually in Edinburgh.

Only good news is apparently there is going to be a 2024 tour

The Young brothers are the only Scots left,as was Bon Scott.There's images of them with Scotland tops on pre Argentina '78,but can't recall any hun links

5 hours ago, Elgindon said:

The Young brothers are the only Scots left,as was Bon Scott.There's images of them with Scotland tops on pre Argentina '78,but can't recall any hun links

Brother (singular).

Malcolm died a few years back and his son has taken over in rhythm guitar.

He was also born in scotland though but entire family was from Glasgow East end so barring a link to religion id be more inclined to put them in the green section.

Anyway this isnt the first time their merchandisers have done tie ups with sports teams so nothing special 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-65337701

Administrators of a sportswear brand are proceeding with a multi-million pound legal claim against Rangers following a kit sales dispute.

A lawyer acting for the administrators of Elite Sports Group Ltd said it was going ahead with the case at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

Elite wanted £9.5m compensation over an alleged breach of contract after Rangers signed a deal with Castore.

It claims Elite was contracted to provide the team with kits at the time.

Elite, the exclusive brand partner to Danish sportswear company Hummel, had instructed lawyers to proceed with the case in Edinburgh last November.

It wanted £9.5m from Rangers but Elite went into administration soon after the case called.