Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Spanish Fitba

glasgowdon

I dunno mate, still saw a lot to be worried about if I was a Real fa, the fact Pepe is in the the team is ample reason to worry and it would be silly to think that Barca won't buy to strengthen.

Yep, I think Pepe has good games and bad games but at an alarming ratio. Young lad Varne looks the part and may well take his place next year.

Not sure who Barca could buy though, are there enough players out there with the quality to improve Barcelona? I'm not sure. They allegedly have Neymar wrapped up but he seems to enjoy the lifestyle enjoyed by the Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Robinho cohort.

The same could well be true of Real then but there's always someone that can improve the team in some way.

Leaving all that for a sec, I'm really beginning to harbour a lot of dislike for Mourinho.

Indeed but I think Real Madrid have the better squad, at least it seems more "futureproofed".

Don't have any issue with Mourinho really but wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez in there in the next year or two (regardless of titles).

The same could well be true of Real then but there's always someone that can improve the team in some way.

Leaving all that for a sec, I'm really beginning to harbour a lot of dislike for Mourinho.

I know what you mean, always thought he was stirring prick but pretty entertaining so i let him off with it a bit.  Since he has been at madrid his total and utter lack of humility has been appalling

I know what you mean, always thought he was stirring prick but pretty entertaining so i let him off with it a bit.  Since he has been at madrid his total and utter lack of humility has been appalling

That's what happens when you join a club full to the brim with cunts!  ;)

... but wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez in there in the next year or two (regardless of titles).

Benitez is an unemployed shite manager, been unemployed for over a year, yet you would NOT be surprised if he ends up at the biggest club in the world? Or at least, if pedantry is your poison, one of the biggest in the world. They definitely had the biggest turnover at least once in the last 3 years.

What do you know that we don't? Or is your knowledge of football, humankind and the qualities and abilities required for successful management so flawed that you don't actually know that he's a shite manager?

No idea where he'll end up, not especially interested. He was successful at Liverpool but lost a very good team he'd assembled as the finances of the club went to fuck.

Well you seemed determined enough to enter a dispute that wasn't yours... again, so let's see it through, shall we?

You reckon he's a good manager? You reckon he's well enough regarded that he may end up at Real Madrid? Is your interpretation of him being successful at Liverpool shared by those who are qualified to comment?

Your sarcastic causticism suggested you had something to say?

Or maybe you weren't being sarcastic at all?

Benitez completely lost it with a very good team, one which would have been challenging titles, when he bizarrely pursued Gareth Barry for Xavi Alonso. From the middle of the 08/09 season where he imploded at Ferguson and seemed intent on getting rid of the vital Alonso, he royally fucked it up.

Benitez is an unemployed shite manager, been unemployed for over a year, yet you would NOT be surprised if he ends up at the biggest club in the world? Or at least, if pedantry is your poison, one of the biggest in the world. They definitely had the biggest turnover at least once in the last 3 years.

What do you know that we don't? Or is your knowledge of football, humankind and the qualities and abilities required for successful management so flawed that you don't actually know that he's a shite manager?

Rocket i have to ask, are your regular unnecessary diatribes at folk misguided attempts to create spicier debate or do you genuinely feel the need to rant insults at folk for having a different opinion?  Genuine question, i'm curious.

Reason i ask is because say what you like about Benitez but his record bar inter is pretty good.  It all fell down at liverpool but lets not forget he won trophies there including the champions league which the current incumbent of the madrid job could not do at a much better financed chelsea.  Its also not hard to point the a fair bit of the blame for the decline at liverpool on messrs gillete and hicks.  If you add to this the fact he has worked as youth coach at madrid as well as winning la liga twice and eufa cup at valencia, a return to the bernabau as manager is not that much of a leap.  Especially when he was the last manager to win la liga with a team that wasn't in el clasico last night.

Do you actually agree with those two above or are you deliberately disagreeing with me? Genuine question.

Some things are worthy of debate but some things are too obvious that we can just agree and move on.

Much as presidents and chairpeople of football clubs can make monumental fuck ups, (one of) the biggest clubs in the world isn't going to make that much of a fuck up as to employ Benitez.

As a young manager, he was dynamic and he inspired people. As a middle aged manager, he became fat, both in person and of mind. He's a fucking dead duck with a grossly exaggerated opinion of himself. He's the spanish Calderwood, dead wood with the glory days well gone.

Then again, the majority on here couldn't even see the limitations of Calderwood, the same qualities that got him zero gigs at clubs bigger than AFC, as predicted. Yet Willie Miller granted him a needless 3 year contract extension and none of you complained or even thought it was wrong.

Wow.

I wouldn't say he is a shite manager, he's proven in Spain and in continental football too albeit it was a while ago.

Do I think they should employ him? Not necessarily.

I read a lot of Spanish press and opinion across many media sources seems to be that the fans want a "Real Madrid man" and Rafa fits that bill. It's a safe appointment because he'd be easier to fire than someone like Raul/Zidane for example.

I'm sure that will all change when they win the league though.

Does that answer your question?

::)