Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Spanish Fitba

glasgowdon

I did suspect this would be a boring game. Pepe sent off now though. Yellow at best, I know his foot was off the ground but Alves really knew what he was doing and he certainly made the most of it. You have to look at why Barca players feel they have to swarm around the referee. This will be right up Jose's street though! Gotta love him!

stunning goal from messi to put Barcelona 2 0 up.

agree pepe was unlucky to be sent off but its always a risk having your studs showing that high particularly when the ref didn't have the best of views

Hi didn't win the ball with studs though, he kicked it to clear it an Alves booted Pepe's studs yet it's a red card.

Barca were a disgrace.

Messi's goals came from positions that Pepe would have been yet everyone is having a chug over the goal.

Lost any respect I had for Barcelona last night.

This will be right up Jose's street though! Gotta love him!

nah, look at the shite he came out with last night.

Barcelona are contemplating whether to report Jose Mourinho after the Real Madrid coach insinuated they receive favourable treatment from referees.

Mourinho vented his fury after Barca won 2-0 at 10-man Real in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final.

He said: "It's clear that against Barcelona you have no chance.

"I don't know if it's the publicity of Unicef [the club's shirt sponsor], I don't know if it's because they are very nice, but they've got this power."

Mourinho added: "I don't know if it's the friendship of [spanish football federation president Angel Maria] Villar at [European football's governing body] Uefa, where he is vice-president."

Mourinho's anger stemmed from referee Wolfgang Stark's decision to send off Real defender Pepe for a foul on Dani Alves on the hour mark with the score at 0-0.

The Portuguese was also sent to the stands after protesting to the fourth official and his mood had not lightened at the post-match press conference.

"[barcelona's Pep] Guardiola is a fantastic coach, but he's won one Champions League which I would be ashamed to win after the scandal at Stamford Bridge and this year, if he wins it again, it will be after the scandal at the Bernabeu," stated Mourinho.

"I hope that one day he will win a clean Champions League, with no incidents behind it."

The first 'scandal' Mourinho was referring to was the Champions League semi-final between Barcelona and Chelsea in 2009, when the Catalan club reached the final on the away goals rule.

Andres Iniesta's injury-time strike secured the win, but at the final whistle Chelsea's players confronted referee Tom Ovrebo, who had waved away at least four penalty appeals during the game.

Barca went on to beat Manchester United in the final.

Mourinho, who coached Inter Milan to the 2010 Champions League title, after after beating Barcelona in the last four, continued: "Why couldn't Chelsea reach the final two years ago? It was a miracle that Inter reached the final last year.

"I am here just to ask this question and I hope to get the answer one day."

Mourinho will now be without the suspended Portuguese defender Pepe and Spanish centre-half Sergio Ramos, who was also booked, for the second leg at the Nou Camp on Tuesday 3 May.

Barring a successful appeal, Mourinho will be forced to watch the match from the stands.

"Yes, we are out. Sometimes I am a little bit disgusted to live in this world, but this is the world we live in," he said.

"We will have to go to Barcelona and look for some pride, without Pepe who didn't do anything, without Ramos who didn't do anything and without a coach to sit on the bench.

"As soon as Pepe was sent off, all of their problems were solved.

"If, in a sporting sense, it's difficult to turn this around, I would say it's now mission impossible.

"If we go there and score a goal, they will kill us again. We have no chance.

"They have to get to the final and that's that."

Following Barca's victory, which came courtesy of two Lionel Messi goals, Guardiola chose to look ahead to the fifth and final encounter against their bitter rivals this season.

"We haven't made it to the final yet, this is the first leg match," he said.

"A team that has nine European Cups never gives up on a tie. We are two games and one draw from being European champions. We will think about the return so we can get to Wembley.

"We are a step away from the final, but we will carry on respecting Madrid, very, very much.

"If we start to believe we are already through, Madrid can punish us. We don't believe we are already there [Wembley]."

"We played a very good match and I would like to congratulate the team."

I don't really get why everyone's getting their punts in a twist about Barca players surrounding the ref? It happens all the time in football these days. Chelsea (especially Jose Mourinho's Chelsea) are/were guilty of it too. I don't like to see it either but they'd have to sin worse than that before I lose respect for such a good team.

I thought Pepe's challenge was dangerous whether Alves made the most of it or not. Whether it warranted a red card or not I'm not sure. One thing's for sure. If Carragher or Gerrard got sent off for that challenge there'd not be one single complaint from anyone excluding Liverpool fans. 

I thought Pepe's challenge was dangerous whether Alves made the most of it or not. Whether it warranted a red card or not I'm not sure. One thing's for sure. If Carragher or Gerrard got sent off for that challenge there'd not be one single complaint from anyone excluding Liverpool fans.

I'm sure that happened earlier in the season, possibly against Everton ??? And liverpool fans did complain! I'm sure you were one of them ;)

I'm sure that happened earlier in the season, possibly against Everton ??? And liverpool fans did complain! I'm sure you were one of them ;)

Is that the same Everton game where Everton got a corner when the ball was kicked out of play by an Everton player and they went on to score from the corner?

I can't remember the tackle you're talking about but if that particular decision favoured Liverpool then the one I mentioned made up for it times ten!

I don't really get why everyone's getting their punts in a twist about Barca players surrounding the ref? It happens all the time in football these days. Chelsea (especially Jose Mourinho's Chelsea) are/were guilty of it too. I don't like to see it either but they'd have to sin worse than that before I lose respect for such a good team.

But it's not just surrounding the ref, waving imaginary cards added to their diving and face clutching just marks them down as wankers. The worst thing is that it seems systematic to me, a game plan.

They will cheat to win. Always.

But it's not just surrounding the ref, waving imaginary cards added to their diving and face clutching just marks them down as wankers. The worst thing is that it seems systematic to me, a game plan.

They will cheat to win. Always.

I agree that those antics are completely out of order but it's nothing new unfortunately.

Was Pepe not on a yellow and would have been sent off anyway?  Adebayor should have got a straight red.

I thought it was a decent second half.  Two great goals and the better team won!  :thumbsup:

Mourinho seems to sway between a cool calculating tactician, and an utter cunt.  His behaviour was embarrassing for himself.

Was Pepe not on a yellow and would have been sent off anyway?  Adebayor should have got a straight red.

I thought it was a decent second half.  Two great goals and the better team won!  :thumbsup:

Mourinho seems to sway between a cool calculating tactician, and an utter cunt.  His behaviour was embarrassing for himself.

The whole thing was embarrassing and neither side can take the high ground over it. It was an ugly, ugly game from so many angles.  I really do long for the days when football was a man's game.