Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Finally got round to watching The Town last night, it was decent enough without having to really think while watching it.

Planning on seeing Neds some time this week, I'm sure it'll more than live up to the hype.

Was living Pulp Fiction the other night, only caught the last hour but it's just sheer brilliance.

A mate was telling me about a Serbian Film, anybody seen or heard of it? Sounds completely fucked up!

Finally got round to watching The Town last night, it was decent enough without having to really think while watching it.

Planning on seeing Neds some time this week, I'm sure it'll more than live up to the hype.

Was living Pulp Fiction the other night, only caught the last hour but it's just sheer brilliance.

A mate was telling me about a Serbian Film, anybody seen or heard of it? Sounds completely fucked up!

IS that the one about the snuff industry? Watched the trailor for that a few months back. Ooft is all I can say!

Anyone seen black swan? Meant to be pretty intense.

Just watched it today. Didn't enjoy it at all. That could stem from my lack of knowledge about ballet but I wouldn't recommend it. The King's Speech I thought was considerably better.

Been stuck at home with just me and the bairn for the past three days. I dug out some movies I've nae seen for a whiley. Watched No Country For Old Men last night. If it weren't for the unbelievably weak ending, this would be one of the very few 10-out-of-10 movies in my history of watching movies.

Tonight, I've just finished watching Last King Of Scotland again. Whittaker is chillingly brilliant as Idi Amin - can flick the switch from loveable, friendly chap to brutal, paranoid dictator in the blink of an eye.

Totally agree on both counts RR.  Was actually discussing no country for old men just the other day with my pal and mentioned how i was really disappointed with the last five minutes, should have just ended with the hitman walking out of the house imo.  Anyway my pal did film studies at uni so obviously this means he's right about everything to do with films (he dropped out after two years) and he started waxing lyrical about how it was a metaphor for blah blah blah.  I told him not to be that guy but he kept going so i called him a pretentious cock

Not seen ....Old Men yet, so thanks for the "weak ending" warning ::)

I won't reveal much about the movie, other than switch recommending that you stop watching the movie after the shooting in El Paso. If you do this, it's a brilliant thriller with a brilliant ending.

If you watch the movie in its entirety, then you're watching a brilliant thriller with a rather weak ending.