Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

How good is Jason Isaacs  :thumbsup:

I saw A Fantastic Woman last night - really good, well worthy of an oscar

Had I not seen 3 Billboards within a week, i'd have said it was the best film i'd seen in  a long time. But yeah he was awesome as was Steve Buscemi (always rated him as an actor).  Loved the death scene, hilarious  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Manc check out I Tonya - I really liked it  :thumbsup:

Haha I think I recommended that to you a few months back, I was pleasantly surprised by it! Very relevant given that American did the same move for the first time since she did it.  Also watched Battle of the sexes around the same time.  Recommend that too, especially since you're a big tennis fan.

The Shape of Water is possibly one of the most beautiful films ever made.

I can't think of any that are richer in allegory.

It won't appeal to everyone. Possibly not even the majority.

But I loved it. First 10/10 for such a long time, I can't remember the last one. Stunning.

Wow my thoughts exactly - it was exquisite

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see 'Ghost Stories' last night

Seen a few people slagging it off but I enjoyed it.

I've been put off horror films in the last decade or so since the yanks saturated the genre with same monotonous shite emphasising gore and stupidity but this one played to what I consider to be good horror

Build atmosphere, imply the horror rather than just shoving a CGI monster onto the screen, keep you guessing, and also make it at least seem as if the situation could happen to you.

As it was split into segments with different aspects it didn't get boring. The 2nd 'story' in particular stuck out for me

Martin Freeman has been pissing me off with his Vodafone adverts but he was back on form in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Fargo last night for the first time, the 1996 version with Steve Buscemi and Frances McDormand. What a heavy mindfuck in parts but thoroughly enjoyable.

Brilliant film and thoroughly dark. The series wasn’t bad either.

Watched American Folk tonight, well shot and a good story. Not a thought provoker but a nice watch nonetheless. Ask me food comical moments despite being part of a sad story.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...