Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Films

manc_don

Pretty predictable response FJ. You think there's not one single good Bond film?

My thoughts exactly.

Connery > Craig > Brosnan > Moore > Dalton > Lazenby

Pretty much how I see it too.

Watched The Godfather and Part II over the last couple of nights and I am quite unimpressed so far. Decent enough but not worth the wankfest everyone seems to have over them. Not even sure I'll bother watching Part III.

Watched The Godfather and Part II over the last couple of nights and I am quite unimpressed so far. Decent enough but not worth the wankfest everyone seems to have over them. Not even sure I'll bother watching Part III.

:hammer:

Though you will undoubtedly now watch part III and call it a masterpiece...

Yea, the DVD is sitting there so will watch it. It will need to be a masterpiece to drag the trilogy up from average.

Are you actually a fan of this genre of film?  If you are and you are classing it as average, I really don't understand it. 

The story is compelling, the acting top notch, the soundtrack and so on.  I can not think of many films that match it for character development either.

Are you actually a fan of this genre of film?  If you are and you are classing it as average, I really don't understand it. 

The story is compelling, the acting top notch, the soundtrack and so on.  I can not think of many films that match it for character development either.

Not overly fussed about this genre of film but shouldn't need to be given their widespread acclaim. I'm sure not everyone that thinks they're classic/great is a fan of mob films.

I'm not really finding it that compelling though. I thought the endings of the first two were too similar with everyone getting killed or dying.

Not overly fussed about this genre of film but shouldn't need to be given their widespread acclaim. I'm sure not everyone that thinks they're classic/great is a fan of mob films.

I'm not really finding it that compelling though. I thought the endings of the first two were too similar with everyone getting killed or dying.

Of course you have to have an interest in a genre even if it has widespread acclaim...

I have no interest in space type sci-fi stuff, so I have not enjoyed any attempt I have made to watch any of the Star Wars films.  They are all classics though.  Same with the Lord of the Rings, magic/fantasy and the likes do nothing for me, so I found them overly long and boring. 

If you don't like the genre, then you may just about appreciate some of it, but you are never going to truly enjoy it.  I am not having a go at your opinion though, just seems that when you go on about wankfests over it and the likes, it almost seems like you didn't really want to enjoy it...

Of course you have to have an interest in a genre even if it has widespread acclaim...

I have no interest in space type sci-fi stuff, so I have not enjoyed any attempt I have made to watch any of the Star Wars films.  They are all classics though.  Same with the Lord of the Rings, magic/fantasy and the likes do nothing for me, so I found them overly long and boring. 

If you don't like the genre, then you may just about appreciate some of it, but you are never going to truly enjoy it.  I am not having a go at your opinion though, just seems that when you go on about wankfests over it and the likes, it almost seems like you didn't really want to enjoy it...

If a film is that good then I don't think genre should matter really. Maybe? I enjoy some Sci-Fi films but wouldn't say it's a genre I'm overly interested in.

I did want to watch it and kept a very open mind. It's just that when you mention to people you haven't seen it, they all seem to go into a ZOMG!! fit which hopefully goes a wee bit to explain my wankfest comment.

Fair play if you enjoy it, I just expected more from it because of the way it was built up.