Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

He's proven to be a decent SPFL full back, nothing more. Robertson is streets ahead of him, as is the likes of Danny Rose, Lucas Digne, Marcos Alonso, Ryan Bertrand etc... This is typical bollocks surrounding The Tims and their massively overrated wankers ( See Scott Brown ) The likes of McFadden saying he's in the top 2 Left Backs in Britain, if not Europe, and Bonner saying Arsenal are not big enough for him, fuck right off.

They should have bitten Arsenal's hands off for that 15 Million, he's a good age, yes, he can improve under different training regimes and playing against a higher standard of opposition ( Although he may also struggle? ) But I absolutely guarantee you, Max Lowe, even the lad Greg Taylor at Kilmarnock, would have the same impact on Celtic's team if they were to replace Tierney.

Don't agree that Robertson is streets ahead but is the better overall of the 2. As a pure defender, Tierney edges it...and gives an option of covering left centre back in emergency that Robertson doesn't.

As an attacking full back Robertson has the edge and is quicker over the ground. As I've said before....Robertson's value is estimated now at £60millon or so. If Tierney was at a club in the EPL of a similar level as Celtic...maybe Wolves or West Ham.....he'd be worth at least £25-£30million. I don't think Celtic will get that purely because they're Scottish but I think they're correct to reject £15million. Probably they'll bite at £20millon

Don't agree that Robertson is streets ahead but is the better overall of the 2. As a pure defender, Tierney edges it...and gives an option of covering left centre back in emergency that Robertson doesn't.

As an attacking full back Robertson has the edge and is quicker over the ground. As I've said before....Robertson's value is estimated now at £60millon or so. If Tierney was at a club in the EPL of a similar level as Celtic...maybe Wolves or West Ham.....he'd be worth at least £25-£30million. I don't think Celtic will get that purely because they're Scottish but I think they're correct to reject £15million. Probably they'll bite at £20millon

Robertson earned his move to a Club like Liverpool by going to Hull City if I remember correctly, playing and proving that he can play, against far superior players than we have up here, 2 seasons of Premier League and a season in the Championship, where he played over 90 matches. He's now Scotland's Captain, Liverpool's 1st Choice Left Back, a Premier League Runner Up and a Champions League Winner, he's only 25 years old. That's why he is worth that figure. He is absolutely streets ahead of Kieran Tierney, who is only 3 years younger and done nothing apart from play in a Domestic League utterly dominated by Celtic.

Like I said, there's potential there given that he may well improve the way Robertson improved, because let's not forget that Robertson wasn't playing initially as Klopp didn't think he was ready, but right now, he's a Bournemouth/Burnley Left Back at best.

Arsenal don't seem to think so. Or Leicester...…

Possibly Napoli also

Ben Chilwell is Leicester's Left Back, Tierney won't be played ahead of him, Napoli have Marco Rui, who is the Portugal Left Back, he's not going to play ahead of him either.

Arsenal I can understand, Monreal ageing and Kolasinac isn't really that good, but he wouldn't walk into their team, and yes Paki Bonnar, they're more than big enough for him you fucking balloon.

I'm not disputing his potential TC, but I will not buy into the " He's worth 25 million, he's more than good enough etc... " he's far from it. If the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley or a Brighton, took a punt on him between 8-15 Million, and he was successful, then I understand a bigger club going in for him, but as it stands, on the basis of what exactly? Does he merit a 25 million pound price tag, and the possibility that Arsenal are not a big enough Club for him?

At least with Robertson, we saw he was more than capable of stepping up after his successful stint at Hull City, in the Premier League. Even then, it took him a while to step up.

And lets see how concrete any interest is, Leicester obviously being linked due to the Rogers connection, probably fuck all in that one.

Ben Chilwell is Leicester's Left Back, Tierney won't be played ahead of him, Napoli have Marco Rui, who is the Portugal Left Back, he's not going to play ahead of him either.

Arsenal I can understand, Monreal ageing and Kolasinac isn't really that good, but he wouldn't walk into their team, and yes Paki Bonnar, they're more than big enough for him you fucking balloon.

I'm not disputing his potential TC, but I will not buy into the " He's worth 25 million, he's more than good enough etc... " he's far from it. If the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley or a Brighton, took a punt on him between 8-15 Million, and he was successful, then I understand a bigger club going in for him, but as it stands, on the basis of what exactly? Does he merit a 25 million pound price tag, and the possibility that Arsenal are not a big enough Club for him?

At least with Robertson, we saw he was more than capable of stepping up after his successful stint at Hull City, in the Premier League. Even then, it took him a while to step up.

And lets see how concrete any interest is, Leicester obviously being linked due to the Rogers connection, probably fuck all in that one.

I disagree, for reasons I stated earlier. If Tierney was at Leicester or Burnley and doing well, his price tag would be £50m or £60m when the big guys come calling like the guy Wan-Bissaka that Man U are paying Palace £50m for. It doesn't seem unrealistic to me that to buy a player from Celtic, with international and Champions League experience in addition to whatever talents he has, should cost a decent whack.

And to suggest Tierney is just a decent SPFL full back is petty in the extreme.

I disagree, for reasons I stated earlier. If Tierney was at Leicester or Burnley and doing well, his price tag would be £50m or £60m when the big guys come calling like the guy Wan-Bissaka that Man U are paying Palace £50m for. It doesn't seem unrealistic to me that to buy a player from Celtic, with international and Champions League experience in addition to whatever talents he has, should cost a decent whack.

And to suggest Tierney is just a decent SPFL full back is petty in the extreme.

But he's not playing for Leicester or Burnley, and doing well, is he? The boy Wan Bissaka was put in and proved he's capable, I am not for one minute suggesting that he's worth the price tag they're throwing about for him either, that's English football though. I didn't see any noticeable difference between Max Lowe, in the short time we had him and seen him, than I saw in Tierney in the lengthy time I have seen him. Both athletic, like to get up and down the wing and both relatively quick, although I'd say Lowe was quicker, is Lowe worth the same as Tierney based on that?

I haven't disputed his potential have I?, given he's only 22, I have disputed that he hasn't shown anything other than being a decent SPFL Full Back, don't see what's petty there? How has he proved he's anything other than a decent SPFL Full Back? Tavernier has scored a fair whack of goals, up there in the assists and is also quick, athletic etc... He's a better player than Tierney FFS, what is he worth?

Oh steady on with the Tavernier tripe. Half the sevconians think he isn't good enough for their team and tbf defensively is a bit of a bombscare. No denying his attacking qualities and for sure if he had a Scottish granny would be our first choice international right back but Tierney is just better overall in the same way that Robertson is better than Tierney

He scored 14 goals, assisted 14 goals and was part of a defence that conceded 27 goals in 38 games. Not bad for a full back. 9 Goals and double figure assists the season before that. He was atrocious defensively last season, but he improved on that this season. Only him & that tit Goldson were the mainstays in their back 4, LB & other CB were rotated numerous times.

I will say it again, I am not disputing that Tierney could go on and play at a higher standard, I am saying from what I have seen of him, in the 4-5 seasons he's been around, he's not much to write home about, good young Scottish full back, part of a dominating Celtic team, domestically, yet when in Europe, don't fair too well, a higher standard of opposition, which is natural, we'd struggle as well. I have seen nothing to suggest he's worth 25 Million and certainly seen nothing to suggest he's good enough to play in an Arsenal team, again, maybe earn stripes at a Burnley, Brighton etc... first.

He scored 14 goals, assisted 14 goals and was part of a defence that conceded 27 goals in 38 games. Not bad for a full back. 9 Goals and double figure assists the season before that. He was atrocious defensively last season, but he improved on that this season. Only him & that tit Goldson were the mainstays in their back 4, LB & other CB were rotated numerous times.

I will say it again, I am not disputing that Tierney could go on and play at a higher standard, I am saying from what I have seen of him, in the 4-5 seasons he's been around, he's not much to write home about, good young Scottish full back, part of a dominating Celtic team, domestically, yet when in Europe, don't fair too well, a higher standard of opposition, which is natural, we'd struggle as well. I have seen nothing to suggest he's worth 25 Million and certainly seen nothing to suggest he's good enough to play in an Arsenal team, again, maybe earn stripes at a Burnley, Brighton etc... first.

That’s my point tho, if he establishes himself at Burnley then one of the big guns would have to pay £50m for him, so why should Celtic settle for a tenth of that from the same team? Fair enough you don’t rate him but he’s easily the best prospect in Scottish football at the moment and arsenal wouldn’t be in for him if they thought he was only as good as Tavernier or Taylor. Check how many tavernier goals were penalties btw.

It really does boggle my mind at how little people understand about how transfers work.

The remaining value of the players contract always plays a big part in figuring out the players worth.  At the moment for tierney I would guesstimate that it's 5 mill.  From that point of view 15 isn't so bad but I can understand why they said no.  If he goes it will be for between 20 and 25 most likely unless someone REALLY wants him.

That’s my point tho, if he establishes himself at Burnley then one of the big guns would have to pay £50m for him, so why should Celtic settle for a tenth of that from the same team? Fair enough you don’t rate him but he’s easily the best prospect in Scottish football at the moment and arsenal wouldn’t be in for him if they thought he was only as good as Tavernier or Taylor. Check how many tavernier goals were penalties btw.

Where have I stated that I don't rate him? Please point that out. I don't buy into the sycophancy around someone who hasn't proved anything outside of Domestic Football in Scotland, and again, IF he went to Burnley then established himself, he'd have shown by then he's capable of the far superior demand of the Premier League, as it stands, he hasn't.

Not at any point have I said I didn't rate him, he's the best Left Back in Scotland, that doesn't mean he's automatically worth 25 Million, or that Arsenal " Might not be big enough for him " that's just fucking lunacy on both parts. And he's not even in the top 10 LB's in Europe, referencing McFadden's comment that he's in the top 2  in Britain, if not Europe.

If they did sell him, and they replaced him with Max Lowe, I guarantee you that Lowe would make the exact same impact, if not better.

Looking at his scoring record over the last three years, I'd suggest it's far worse than Curtis Main's

Think it’s a bit misleading as fair number of his games are as substitute so goals to 90 minutes played is 1 in 3. Have To say when I have seen him play he has not impressed. Mind you neither has Main.

Think it’s a bit misleading as fair number of his games are as substitute so goals to 90 minutes played is 1 in 3. Have To say when I have seen him play he has not impressed. Mind you neither has Main.

Fair does Jute

Dom Ball signs for QPR.

Fair play to the guy that is a decent enough sized club to be joining, but I didn't expect a player who couldn't get a game for Rotherham in the Championship to be signing for another Championship club, even more so a club who I would say are bigger with greater expectations.

Good luck to him.

Ball was signed on loan for sevco by the breadman and possibly also knew him from his time as a youth player at Watford. So Warburton obviously agrees with DM here.....he's a valuable, versatile addition to a squad. Obviously his face just didn't fit at Rotherham. It happens. Remember the greatest manager in the history of football was once fired by St Mirren....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...