Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

The Huns are signing some amount of players again. Some American midfielder in yesterday and they seem like they’re getting Kamara in from Dundee today rather than on a Bosman. Surely they’re going shit or bust ( :thumbsup:) for the league this season and the fallout if (when) they fail will be glorious.

Tims also taking a few in but putting three of them straight back out on loan along with Morgan to Sunderland and potentially Allan to Hibs early.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Wee Ryan Fraser being linked with a move to Arsenal this morning.  Could be another contribution towards the Westhill Dome.

Wee Ryan Fraser being linked with a move to Arsenal this morning.  Could be another contribution towards the Westhill Dome.

Some folk somewhere - I canna mine (maybe TC on here?) - were suggesting that we had a 22.5% sell-on clause. That'd be some fuckin deal if so, but I doubt it. What sort of figure do they pay for the likes of Fraser doon Sooth? Must be near £20M given he starts every week (I think)? Even at 10% it wouldn't surprise me if we end up getting more for Fraser than we do for McKenna.

Was something on twitter either in January or prior, that some director had said the sell on clause was only valid up until this season. Don't know if that's true or how it works in reality, if someone buys him if it's before August we get it but after no?

Was something on twitter either in January or prior, that some director had said the sell on clause was only valid up until this season. Don't know if that's true or how it works in reality, if someone buys him if it's before August we get it but after no?

Aye that's the story I heard...…..with a 15% sell on fee. Not sure where the 22.5% rumour came from but now that Rico mentions it there is something lighting up in my mind saying I've heard that somewhere ana. Don't remember ever posting it but at my age the memory is starting to go a bit so I couldn't say for definite that I didn't

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crazy talk in the bbc gossip, defenders Harry McGuire being linked with a 90million move and palace left back Aaron Wan-Bissaka with a 70million move, what’s the current value of McKenna.......also factoring in the 3million for David Turnbull??

I see that turnball has rejected Celtics offer. Good on the lad, Im sure he will do much better getting a regular game for Motherwell for a few seasons.

Good on him and his agent.

Anything that fucks over that horrible club is music to my ears.

They would have already been calculating the profit they could turn on him.

Genuinely good enough to cut out them and go straight to next stage :thumbsup:

Celtic are claiming the agent has been touting Turnbull around English clubs trying to get him a better deal. I've got a healthy hatred of all agents but suppose he's just doing his job. Could spectacularly blow up in the player's face though if he gets nothing down south, starts the season with 'Well and snaps a cruciate.

Celtic are claiming the agent has been touting Turnbull around English clubs trying to get him a better deal. I've got a healthy hatred of all agents but suppose he's just doing his job. Could spectacularly blow up in the player's face though if he gets nothing down south, starts the season with 'Well and snaps a cruciate.

Seems to have worked - Norwich City £3.25M bid accepted by Well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48685494

A lot of speculation that Kieren Tierney will end up at Arsenal. Does anyone reckon he is actually good enough to cut it down there and actually worth the £25m that Celtic are holding out for? I'd be surprised if he is able to hold down a first team place there.  ???

A lot of speculation that Kieren Tierney will end up at Arsenal. Does anyone reckon he is actually good enough to cut it down there and actually worth the £25m that Celtic are holding out for? I'd be surprised if he is able to hold down a first team place there.  ???

Yes and yes. Tierney is already a very good player, who will only get better with the experience of training and playing at a higher standard than he currently does. If Palace are looking for £40m plus for a 20yo right back who has only played one season in the first team then £25m for Tierney isn’t unreasonable. Celtic don’t need to sell him and he doesn’t appear to be in a rush to leave so they can ask whatever they like for him.

Definitely good enough, just not quite as good as Robertson. Typical Scotland to have 2 world class players at the same time for the first time in decades and both play the same feckin position...

And £15 million is a joke. Robertson is reckoned to be valued at £60-80 million now.....Tierney is certainly worth half that

Yes and yes. Tierney is already a very good player, who will only get better with the experience of training and playing at a higher standard than he currently does. If Palace are looking for £40m plus for a 20yo right back who has only played one season in the first team then £25m for Tierney isn’t unreasonable. Celtic don’t need to sell him and he doesn’t appear to be in a rush to leave so they can ask whatever they like for him.

I hope you are right wee toon, always like to see Scots going south and doing well.  I guess the difference with the guy at Palace is he has already proven he can play at that level whereas Tierney is largely unproven at the very top level except for a handful of Champions League games.  Just thinking that since the top six in England became mega rich and able to afford anyone in the world we have probably only had Robertson playing for one of them, no other Scots I can think of have nailed down a first team place on a regular basis at a top six team in England really in the last five or six years.