Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

PSG aside I suppose there weren’t many other places he’d have gone to.

In other news, which I’m sure you’ll all be pleased about , is that the Wellington Phoenix have signed Steven Taylor. Not sure how they’ve managed to pull that off at all. Should be fine in the a-league and break a few Aussie skulls on the way  :thumbsup:

Saw that today. Would have thought he would have offers from championship clubs so surprised to see him going to the A League.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

What with Rooney’s wages and £12.5M for Danny ward, English football really is fucked.

He seemed to be a good keeper when we had him on loan but £12.5M FFS!  :laughing:

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

As Leicester are filling up with ex-dons loan players I take it they will be signing Dominic Ball next summer  :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

John McGinn signs for Aston Villa. Fee reported around £2.75million.

St Boo due 30% of that but still leaves Hivs the thick end of £2million. I'm concerned that Lennon could do quite a lot of damage with that if he is given licence to spend the lot

John McGinn signs for Aston Villa. Fee reported around £2.75million.

St Boo due 30% of that but still leaves Hivs the thick end of £2million. I'm concerned that Lennon could do quite a lot of damage with that if he is given licence to spend the lot

I think Villa have got themselves a bargain with McGinn. I really rate him as a player and glad he has went south and not to either of the ugly sisters.

Hibs are signing a fair few players most of which have had an immediate impact.

Who have they actually signed that wasn't already there? Mallan*?

Has Mallan had more of an impact than Ferguson? Devlin**? Arguable. What about the rest of their signings? We've had two successful signings, one who looks an upgrade on O'Connor (Hoban) and two questionable in Gleeson and Forrester. Above 50% is decent for us I'd say.

*I think Mallan is a good player who I'd be surprised if we weren't in for. That said, he probably wasn't in a priority area for us and not an area where we'd have wanted to spend a large part of our budget which we seem to be saving for the elusive striker.

**I'm including Devlin as one of this seasons signings as it was clear he was going to be out for last season.

you can give me kamberi also  ;D

Okay, so Kamberi for Devlin then. Both equally as important and equally as likely to have an impact. Ferguson cancels out Mallan and Ball cancels out MacLaren (both average returning players). So we're left with:

Bogdan, Hyndman an Agyepong versus Hoban, Gleeson, Forrester and Cerny. I've no idea who's best from that bunch (although Bogdan clearly strengthens them whereas Cerny was only ever a backup).

I'd say it's about even and I expect neither team is finished. They desperately need a centre mid and we desperately need a striker. It'll certainly be an interesting match up when we face them. I also see your point to an extent because they've signed a striker and a decent forward player whereas we've not managed to land a striker. We should at least give McInnes until the end of the window before being too harsh though. A hell of a lot riding on our striker signing I'd say, and I expect McInnes is well aware of that.

McLaren I think is better than Kamberi. 6 full Aussie caps and was in their World Cup squad. So not really on the same level as Ball

Edit.....And now Lennon has around £1.85million or so if my maths are correct from the sale of McGinn. Even if he is only given half that its still about twice what we have to improve our squad. He's got his front line sorted, defence looks ok so its his midfield I'd guess they want to improve. There are more midfielders around than anyone else so with his budget I think he will. We have £500k to get us a decent striker. NOT convinced we will get a good 'un

McLaren I think is better than Kamberi. 6 full Aussie caps and was in their World Cup squad. So not really on the same level as Ball

Edit.....And now Lennon has around £1.85million or so if my maths are correct from the sale of McGinn. Even if he is only given half that its still about twice what we have to improve our squad. He's got his front line sorted, defence looks ok so its his midfield I'd guess they want to improve. There are more midfielders around than anyone else so with his budget I think he will. We have £500k to get us a decent striker. NOT convinced we will get a good 'un

I thought MacLaren looked pap against us, and Kamberi was decent. Aussie caps are not widely relevant in my books. I call it the Zdrilic effect.

We have £1M of DNA scam money to spend. We're about even in that regard. Although you're right about midfielders being more widely available. I think we'll struggle to get a striker better than Kamberi for £500K.

I thought MacLaren looked pap against us, and Kamberi was decent. Aussie caps are not widely relevant in my books. I call it the Zdrilic effect.

We have £1M of DNA scam money to spend. We're about even in that regard. Although you're right about midfielders being more widely available. I think we'll struggle to get a striker better than Kamberi for £500K.

I’d take mallan or either/both of the hibs forwards. Mallan is a good player. McInnes better have something up his sleeve.

• 2 weeks later...