Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

I think he's a decent player, but fuckin hell! £500k a week is just mental, even for Arabs!

He looks a decent player at times (eg against Scotland) but too often flatters to decieve or just doesn't turn up.  £500,000k per week or anything in that ball park is utter madness.

Are Man City fans not anxious that when these Arabs get fed up in a few years they're club will cease to exist?

Well, if it's £94million over 4 years, that works at about £24million per year.

There are 52 weeks in a year, so dividing the £24million by 52 gives you £461,538.46 per week, which is 'roughly' £500,000 per week.

So no. Not a misprint.

I am a maths teacher, I worked that bit out myself.

What I meant was if it should have been either £50 000/week or £9.4 million. That would seem more reasonable to me!

The Honduran is meant to be a LB I think. Presumably Mulgrew's replacement.

:lolabove: My tim mate was practically in tears at how shite he was :D

Bellamy has moved to Cardiff City on loan for the season, not sure how they can afford that tbh. They've survived two winding up orders in recent times have they not?

:lolabove: My tim mate was practically in tears at how shite he was :D

Bellamy has moved to Cardiff City on loan for the season, not sure how they can afford that tbh. They've survived two winding up orders in recent times have they not?

Lennon on the ball there!

If he hadn't signed Joe Ledley, Cardiff wouldn't have had to sign Bellamy as a replacement, so Celtic could have signed Bellamy instead of Ledley!

Oh, and Hi Charlie!  :wave:

I never knew about this until a minute ago:

Further to an initial statement issued on Thursday 22nd July, Motherwell Football Club have today issued the following press release relating to the transfer of Paul Quinn to Cardiff City FC.

Cardiff City owe Motherwell Football Club £175,000 plus interest and costs for the transfer of Paul Quinn which took place in June 2009, almost 14 months ago.

Fully understanding their difficulties, the Board of Motherwell FC have pursued this claim firmly but courteously.

Having failed to receive a proper business like response, the Club eventually had no option but to pursue the matter in Hamilton Sheriff Court. The petition was considered on Friday yet Cardiff did not even turn up or submit a defence to our petition.

Commenting, Motherwell Chief Executive, Leeann Dempster, said: “It is critical that clubs work constructively with each other to ensure we can manage a very difficult financial climate for the game. We have given Cardiff every chance to do the right thing.

“The Board now believe that Cardiff’s position is untenable given their activity in the transfer market acquiring Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana, Martin John and today, the loan signing of Manchester City’s Craig Bellamy.

“Given all these circumstances and with legal and moral weight behind us, Motherwell FC have no option but to immediately pursue all legal routes to ensure this significant sum is paid to us as quickly as possible.

“These may include issuing a winding up order, arresting assets or physically sending bailiffs to their ground on match day to take possession of cash. Every option will be fully considered and implemented as soon as possible.

“We want Cardiff fans to know that we appreciate the concerns this will give them. We can only urge them to look to how they would feel in our position and urge them to put pressure on their own Board to ensure the excellent long-term reputation of their club is not diminished by the leadership of one board.

“We have a job to promote and protect the interests of our own employees, fans and shareholders and we will. We would also suggest to the Championship and the English FA that they look with great care at the conduct of Cardiff in handling this matter.

“Even at this very late stage, I would urge Gethin Jenkins of Cardiff to pay this money plus costs and interest by return in order to save his club acute embarrassment and the football community in general unwarranted bad publicity”.

Motherwell have every right to proceed with further action

Good on Motherwell. They have to do it and I honestly don't know how Cardiff have managed to trudge along like they have for so long!

In other news, I see Alan Gow failed to win a contract with some random Russian side :D Oh how his career has prospered since he decided to go to der hun.

Good on Motherwell. They have to do it and I honestly don't know how Cardiff have managed to trudge along like they have for so long!

In other news, I see Alan Gow failed to win a contract with some random Russian side :D Oh how his career has prospered since he decided to go to der hun.

Worth a look I'd say.

I'd agree with that. He didn't do much at Hibs did he?

Absolute rock all. No doubt he has the ability, but it doesn't come out often enough and he's had the chance to sign for us in the past (more than once too) and obviously thinks he's too good for us. He'll be back at Falkirk by the time the window closes.

Guest ally s

I never knew about this until a minute ago:

Ohhh the irony.

Whilst I agree Cardiff's behaviour has been poor I found it a bit rich seeing John Boyle mouthing off about clubs not paying their debts on SSN yesterday.