Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New stadium thread

Cheers min.

Looks like a couple of drive-throughs or something? Yer classic Forfar roadsidesque Burger Kings or some such? Rank. Doesn't surprise me, if I'm not mis-reading the application, the site is exactly where a drive through chain restaurant should be. If that's what floats the dandies fan boat then that can only be a good thing. I think it backs up pretty much everything I've been saying. Also, it looks a fair distance from the new ground and along a dual carriageway of course.

Also, "Aurora planning" have submitted this? "All for Aurora", Aurora planning?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Petition to save Pittodrie doing the rounds on Twitter.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-pittodrie.html#.W-BcDzQGJZQ.twitter

Apart from the fact the horse has bolted, what a load of shite.

The match day experience will change from being a short walk from the city centre in the heart of the city - for who? Seems to be another "walking distance" fan upset that after a lifetime of convenience, it'll be convenient for a different demographic of fans. Pish

But you don't need to move six miles away, where the day becomes about shuttle buses and the countryside, to do that. - for who? I won't be shuttle bussing, many others won't either, in fact it'll be a helluva lot easier then crawling through town and trying to find a parking space down the beach.

The club has had NO discussions with the fans over Pittodrie, not a single bit of debate. We have simply been told it is not possible and if it is then it is too expensive, rather than having a grown up and open debate to look at what we as a city and support can do to stay in our home. - fit the fuck? Well if you haven't gone to the various exhibitions and meetings, that's up to you, but one thing that can't be denied is the number of times fans have had the chance to go and see and comment on the development, and provide their feedback.

The match day experience will change from being a short walk from the city centre in the heart of the city - for who? Seems to be another "walking distance" fan upset that after a lifetime of convenience, it'll be convenient for a different demographic of fans. Pish

But you don't need to move six miles away, where the day becomes about shuttle buses and the countryside, to do that. - for who? I won't be shuttle bussing, many others won't either, in fact it'll be a helluva lot easier then crawling through town and trying to find a parking space down the beach.

The club has had NO discussions with the fans over Pittodrie, not a single bit of debate. We have simply been told it is not possible and if it is then it is too expensive, rather than having a grown up and open debate to look at what we as a city and support can do to stay in our home. - fit the fuck? Well if you haven't gone to the various exhibitions and meetings, that's up to you, but one thing that can't be denied is the number of times fans have had the chance to go and see and comment on the development, and provide their feedback.

Fans have had a chance to give their views on Kingsford. They haven't been given a chance to debate what could be done with Pittodrie.

It may or may not be a load of shite, but you clearly do not understand any of the arguments so I wouldn't trust your judgement.

The different demographic of fans are not in Aberdeen. That's the point of the club being called Aberdeen Football Club. It's not Aberdeenshire Football Club. The location doesn't adequately cater for Aberdeen supporters of Aberdeen football club. The notion of "a lifetime of convenience" is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I live in Aberdeenshire, and have done for most of my life. I'm perfectly aware that by supporting a team called Aberdeen, I have to go to Aberdeen to watch them. It's a choice I made. There's no inconvenience, because I'm a person not born in Aberdeen supporting a team for Aberdeen. I don't expect them to move to Portlethen to make it easier for me. Being in Aberdeen is pretty fundamental to being Aberdeen Football Club. If you want a club to support that plays in Aberdeenshire (and the stadium fucking is, regardless of some constituency boundary that is bound to move post-bypass), then they should be called Aberdeenshire Football Club. It's the fact that you're so partisan that you miss the obvious irony when you make the point about people from Westhill didn't complain about building when they built all those Westhill hooses.

You live in Garlogie, what the fuck are you doing at the beach looking for spaces? You could park anywhere from Anderson drive down and walk to Pittodrie within 40 minutes. Although you don't go to the games because it's not on your doorstep though, do you? Do you think that the traffic you experience going into town from Garlogie will in some way be easier for those coming out to Westhill? Or is this whole thing to you just some selfish: "it's better for me" as eluded to in your point 1?

Again, you've totally missed the point. Nobody give a shite about the various exhibitions and meetings held regarding a stadium in fucking Westhill. The supporters of AFC were given no opportunity to review side by side plans of a re-developed 13,000 seater Pittodrie alongside the Westhill shite-dome and choose for themselves where they wanted the home of their club to be for the next 100 years or more. The fans did not choose Westhill, it was chosen for them. Then they were invited to meetings about it. You're a ridiculously partisan SNP supporter, why don't you apply some logic to it? If you voted for SNP because they wanted to build a new Primary in Garlogie and then the Tories won and came knocking on your door asking how you'd like the hooses to look that they're building instead would you tell them to fuck off? I think that the suggestion in the other thread by the club that UEFA would have forced us to play in front of 13K had we made the group stages should make AFC fans sit up and take note. If you seriously don't think you're being lied to then you're not looking hard enough.

It may or may not be a load of shite, but you clearly do not understand any of the arguments so I wouldn't trust your judgement.

I understand them fine, which is why I commented against them.

It's the fact that you're so partisan that you miss the obvious irony when you make the point about people from Westhill didn't complain about building when they built all those Westhill hooses.
I do indeed, I have no idea what this means?

You live in Garlogie, what the fuck are you doing at the beach looking for spaces? You could park anywhere from Anderson drive down and walk to Pittodrie within 40 minutes. Although you don't go to the games because it's not on your doorstep though, do you?
Yes I do.  :dunno:

Do you think that the traffic you experience going into town from Garlogie will in some way be easier for those coming out to Westhill? Or is this whole thing to you just some selfish: "it's better for me" as eluded to in your point 1?
Yes, because instead of everyone funneling east to a narrow pinch point, fans will arrive from all points of the compass.

Again, you've totally missed the point. Nobody give a shite about the various exhibitions and meetings held regarding a stadium in fucking Westhill. The supporters of AFC were given no opportunity to review side by side plans of a re-developed 13,000 seater Pittodrie alongside the Westhill shite-dome and choose for themselves where they wanted the home of their club to be for the next 100 years or more.
Because fans don't consider practicalities, they prioritise emotional areas of concern, rather than practicalities. There was no point the club coming out with a "here's the choices" menu, fans would have chosen the status quo regardless.

. You're a ridiculously partisan SNP supporter,
You'll have to explain howso?

why don't you apply some logic to it? If you voted for SNP because they wanted to build a new Primary in Garlogie and then the Tories won and came knocking on your door asking how you'd like the hooses to look that they're building instead would you tell them to fuck off?
I see no logic there, I don't even understand the anaology you're trying to make? If it's something I approve of, it doesn't matter the colour of the party who propose it, likewise if it's something I don't

I think that the suggestion in the other thread by the club that UEFA would have forced us to play in front of 13K had we made the group stages should make AFC fans sit up and take note. If you seriously don't think you're being lied to then you're not looking hard enough.

The lie is it would be a fait acompli, that it could happen isn't. Would it, I rather doubt it, it bore no part in any thoughts I had on the issue.

Stadia decision made don't see point of folk still bitching about it, save your energy to make sure

They make it decent inside & out .

Fine walk from union street stopping at all the pop up match day bars on the way .?

Currently "saving my energy" to make the stadium better. ?