Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished watching Vigil last week. Really good although a few suspect moments.

Started watching Cobra, which I believe is a Sky production from last year? Seems ok, although I didn't understand why Sky news would still be broadcasting when no-one has electricity (apart from govt agencies etc).

• 4 weeks later...

The Hermit Of Treig

74yo Mike Smith has lived off the land for the last 40 years! No electricity, Gas etc.... It's available to watch on iPlayer just now and I highly recommend it. Personally find him admirable, but at this stage, I'd feel a lot better if he moved back into civilization and was closer to Emergency Services, he's a 2 hour walk from the nearest Road! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0011hp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Don't look up on Netflix. Very good like.

'Dont Look Up' is absolute shite!!!

The obvious narcissism of humans is slightly amusing but other than that, I'd call it a flop.

Some decent stuff on Netflix but by fuck you have to look hard to find them.

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

'Dont Look Up' is absolute shite!!!

The obvious narcissism of humans is slightly amusing but other than that, I'd call it a flop.

Some decent stuff on Netflix but by fuck you have to look hard to find them.

I agree about Netflix, there's a lot of wading to be done. 

Very good was probably overstating, good would be better. The term "flop" is a strange one to use, I don't think the film is aimed at box office success. It's not really about narcissism as such, it's about ignorance and hubris. The president isn't narcissistic, just thick as shit and is so embedded in the game of politics for the advancement of politics, she doesn't do anything (she's a cross between Clinton and Trump). Mark Rylance is very good as the Musk/Zuckerberg/Jobs/Bezos character, who is narcissistic. The film doesn't deliberately punch down, but as a film about climate change, it won't reach people it portrays as those who "don't look up". In that sense, it's likely a failure.

On 30/12/2021 at 13:15, RicoS321 said:

Don't look up on Netflix. Very good like.

We “enjoyed” this, if that’s the right wording for it. Dark humour but also tragically on point with the political characters it portrays. despite it being a film, its just further confirmation that the US is completely broken and fucked. 

we’ve just started watching stay close. Reasonable cast and plenty of plot twists. Was a bit out off by the James Bond themed intro , was actually surprised it was a Netflix show and not sky. They do those cheesy intros. But enjoying it nonetheless. 

• 1 month later...

'Dark side of the Ring' which is currently available on All-4

Seriously fucked up world professional wrestlers can go into
Recall Owen Hearts dying after an accident before the start of one of their big events but never knew the WWE didnt cancel the show and insisted the other wrestlers and commentators carry on mere minutes after watching their colleagues lifeless body being carried off on a stretcher, in a ring which was broken and had genuione blood stains.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watching the following of late:

- Louis Theroux - Forbidden America - Doesn't do much to make me think there is much intelligent life (US based dandies aside of course) in the US. Good TV regardless

- Umbrella Academy - Enjoyable

- Super Pumped - much like any megalomaniac in the end.  I wanted to like him, but was a complete tosser.

• 1 month later...

When I lost my Mam nine years ago we needed some dumbed down TV to distract me from the fact I lost her to primary Lung secondary Brain cancer in just 55 days aged 55.  

I found Made In Chelsea!

Can't believe I'm still watching it religiously nearly a decade later.

I'm too intelligent for the programme but it does give us some much needed respite.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just binged The Walk In on STV Player.

First episode was shown on Monday of this week.

Cracking programme based upon true events and live footage of actual events including the Jo Cox murder, Westminster Bridge terrorist attack and the plot to murder MP Rosie Cooper

Stephen Graham plays the lead really well as a former National Front and Combat 18 member who has turned his life around.

Couple of faults I could find with it if I was being picky but won't disclose until others have viewed it as I'll potentially spoil it.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 09:25, Kowalski said:

The Capture on BBC1. Complete escapism but just brilliant with a superb finale. 

Finished the second series last month, agreed, excellent viewing. 

Hopefully Al's suggestion makes it down here. TVNZ have been pretty good with their offerings.  Unlike Netflix, who only just released the third series of Derry Girls recently.

On 12/09/2022 at 22:25, Kowalski said:

The Capture on BBC1. Complete escapism but just brilliant with a superb finale. 

Have never watched this so had a look on I-Player and see there was a first series from back in 2019. Think that'll be my next watch 😉

• 5 months later...