Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

I saw that Sutcliffe film and it was very good. The pigs were horrific, as were the media when they brought out the chequebooks, blindly unaware that justice could well have been compromised. The biggest suggestion for me coming out of the botched investigation was that the head pig, now dead head pig, took the letters and the tapes personally. His military background and low intellect brought out his combativeness but the fat porker bastard forgot that the discipline he once needed had long since gone, his belly being a permanent reminder of his greed and overindulgence.

Line of Duty new series begun at the weekend past.

Excellent first episode, doesn't look as if it will disappoint.

Waiting for this to come out over here.  Enjoyed the previous series.

Started watching the OA on Netflix, bizarre series that i'm not sure about yet, but interesting nonetheless.

Looking forward to stranger things / handmaids tale and of GOT coming out this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it. Bit stupid in places, but original enough and good. Brit Marling very good.

Started the second series.  As you said, original and stupid in places, but we're enjoying it.

Watched the first episode of the final series of GOT tonight. Glad to have it back!

• 3 weeks later...

So, GoT has been predictably great! Won't discuss it as I know everyone hates spoilers.

New series of Killing Eve has started over here.  As good as the previous series, and I have to congratulate Villanelle on her perfect pronunciation of Hagel Slag  :thumbsup:  She's also a stunner.

Looking forward to Deep State / Handmaids Tale / Stranger things which all start over the next few months.

• 3 weeks later...

Catch 22. Loved the book, watched the first episode directed by George Clooney. Hilarious viewing, although the wife wasnt too keen.

Also started the second series of deep state. Loved it the first time round and its not disappointing this time round either

• 2 weeks later...

What was the virtues on, Rico?  Will keep an eye out for it.

Watched the first three episodes of A Handmaids Tale.  I hope they end it after this one. Nothing overly shocking has happened thus far, which wasn't the case in the previous two seasons.  Hope it picks up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Catch 22. Loved the book, watched the first episode directed by George Clooney. Hilarious viewing, although the wife wasnt too keen.

Just watched the last episode tonight on channel 4. Fantastic.

Jonathan Meades on Jargon on BBC4 right now folks. Worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good man, it's a brilliant show!

Definitely Manc, me and the Missus binge watched it, and have just discovered a few days ago that there's a 4th Season coming in 2020.

I went into with absolutely zero expectations and never thought it'd be up my street, but it fast became one of my favourites. Love all the characters ( Hopper especially ) and it has a very good Soundtrack. I could talk about it all day Manc, fucking loved it.  :rofl:

• 1 month later...