Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

Although technically BBC America I think I enjoyed Killing Eve more.

Hadn't realised that Killing Eve was BBC.  Again, that was a very good series, but not as good as Informer imo.

Started the new Mexican Narcos the other day as well as the Kominsky Method on Netflix.  No-one does comedy like Jewish americans. Hilarious stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have watched very little TV during the festive period to be honest.

By the proverbial country mile the best thing I have watched was the dramatised natural history film "The Snow Wolf, A Winter's Tale" Now I know that the sotry was probably embellished somewhat but the standard of filming and scenery was outstanding. Not normally a huge fan of this type of programme but absolutely loved it.

I found Luther preposterous. Overwhelming feeling of a total waste of time. It had enough to hook you in but the last, possibly final episode was fucking shite. Will appeal to morons.

Enjoyed the first episode, second was pretty boring 3 and 4 I thought were ok enough but just went way off the rails across the two story lines and the ending was daft.

I've been watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown on netflix, excellent show and such a fascinating guy, real shame that he killed himself.

Enjoyed the first episode, second was pretty boring 3 and 4 I thought were ok enough but just went way off the rails across the two story lines and the ending was daft.

I've been watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown on netflix, excellent show and such a fascinating guy, real shame that he killed himself.

I found bourdain a bit of a twat tbh. His pronunciation of stuff was ridiculous. I know he was a yank so it's already a negative, but learn how to fucking speak. I couldn't hack more than a few episodes, which I was gutted about because the places he was visiting I was genuinely interested in. Maybe I wasnt in the mood for it but haven't touched it since.

Just started watching Press on lightbox, presume it was on BBC a while ago. Decent show so far

• 3 weeks later...

We caught Pure by accident on Channel 4 tonight. It was amazing, totally unexpected and highly original.

Being me, I didn't just stop after one episode. The now available on All 4 line wasn't just a magnet for my obsessive compulsive (not really but definitely addictive in certain personality traits), it was an inevitability. Me and daughter did episode 2 but after she bailed (school night), I did episode 3 too. Feeling pretty good about myself that I'm not doing the next 3 episodes but stuff to do the morn.

Fuck knows where this plot is going and fuck knows where it came from but it's so brilliant and interesting.

Edit: I ended up watching it all until 2.30 a.m.

It wasn't a post telling you what I watched. My love for you is so strong, I took the time to give you a thoroughly good recommendation so get on it, for your own good.

Anybody seen "The Brokenwood Mysteries" which Drama have shown from the beginning??  Believe this New Zealand crime show is about to start fifth season soon enough.  Keep forgetting to tune in but those we have watched intrigue me rather than entertain one.  Still working out if programme as a whole is any good!!

• 3 weeks later...

The first episode of the new Alan Partridge series was watched last night, it's like he has never been away.

Brilliant.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. High expectations and all that. I think I should have re-watched some of the old stuff to get me in the mood. It was decent like, it'll be interesting to see how it comes together as a series. It's more KMKY than yer travellodge Partridge which I think was the best stuff. I didn't think the guy at the touch screen was a great actor, which almost ruined a good scene. The co-presenter was good though.

It certainly wasn't a brilliant start to a series but hopefully like KMKY it will grow into a brilliant finale...." Knowing me Alan Partridge, knowing you, the police....Aha. I'll be talking to you shortly"

What I am really looking forward to is the new BBC Scotland channel showing a rerun of Tutti Frutti starting Saturday night. On its first run in 86/87 (forget which) I was a student nurse and missed a couple of episodes due to working shifts.....no video recorder on student nurse's wages. Had a massive thing for Miss Toner ( Katy Murphy). Saw a pic of her last week in an article about the return...would never have known it was the same woman.

Really good programme on Peggy Guggenheim last night. BBC iPlayer.

Already been to Venice 45 years ago but will have to revisit now, for the sole purpose of seeing the collection.

Really looking forward to MOMA and the (Solomon) Guggenheim in NYC in May.

Modern Art as a title or category should be dropped now. It's just quality art. They've got a Joan Miro exhibition on when we're there. He done the mural outside the airport at Barcelona that you walked past and never noticed, cos you're fucking blind and unfathomably stupid.