Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Giggsy done with wife beating, he can't control his temper.

His brother will be delighted.

Hopefully he gets about 4 years in the nick.

Suspect he will have a high profile QC on speed-dial so will be surprised if a custodial sentence will be on the cards at the end of it

Seems this super league stuff isnt going away just yet.

Sounds to me like Real Madrid and co may end up taking (or at east trying to take) Man U, Chelsea and co to court over breach of contract.

With any luck they might wipe themselves out 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/24/perez-says-super-league-clubs-cannot-leave-as-manchester-united-fans-protest

• Haha 1

They were talking about 4 years in jail for Giggsy on the radio ?

Because he was at the wife beating and intimidation for 4 years.

He's going to be hung out to dry with all these women involved in football now.

His brother must be rubbing his hands in glee.

• Haha 1

Football in danger of collapse at the 'highest level' now.

I fully support the Man United fans against the money hungry vultures who have somehow managed to own their club. 

I'd rather there was no football at all than see boneheaded footballers being paid £300k per week to play in some superleague. 

23 hours ago, tup1 said:

Football in danger of collapse at the 'highest level' now.

I fully support the Man United fans against the money hungry vultures who have somehow managed to own their club. 

I'd rather there was no football at all than see boneheaded footballers being paid £300k per week to play in some superleague. 

Agree with the sentiment of your post and do not like the idea of clubs being owned by "foreigners" but in reality, other than the superleague idea, I cannot see what the united fans have really got to complain about.  It's not like the Glazers have done a Mike Ashley and just simply want the club to avoid relegation so they can scoop up the TV money, they've spent something like £700M in transfers since Fergie left.  What do their fans really expect from the owners?  Their club not winning the title anymore is certainly nothing to do with a lack of investment in the team.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Agree with the sentiment of your post and do not like the idea of clubs being owned by "foreigners" but in reality, other than the superleague idea, I cannot see what the united fans have really got to complain about.  It's not like the Glazers have done a Mike Ashley and just simply want the club to avoid relegation so they can scoop up the TV money, they've spent something like £700M in transfers since Fergie left.  What do their fans really expect from the owners?  Their club not winning the title anymore is certainly nothing to do with a lack of investment in the team.

They loaded the club with debt almost immediately and used it like some sort of money laundering vehicle. That happened years ago though, and all that a long time after uefa had screwed every league in the continent with its shitey champions league pish that utd have been complicit in since inception. They said fuck all when their club started paying footballers £100k+ per week (Rooney?) and they were paying £100M to sign individuals. Their game was gone ages ago, I'm really not sure what they have to complain about. AFC's owners would do exactly the same if they could of course, we're all part of the same ugly system.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

They loaded the club with debt almost immediately and used it like some sort of money laundering vehicle. That happened years ago though, and all that a long time after uefa had screwed every league in the continent with its shitey champions league pish that utd have been complicit in since inception. They said fuck all when their club started paying footballers £100k+ per week (Rooney?) and they were paying £100M to sign individuals. Their game was gone ages ago, I'm really not sure what they have to complain about. AFC's owners would do exactly the same if they could of course, we're all part of the same ugly system.

Does the average fan really care about things like that as long as their club is winning games?  In united's case they have still made massive profits so it's not like servicing that debt has put them into financial ruin which has happened with some other clubs.  The Glazers took over in 2005 and it is just the entitlement amongst their younger fans that has brought all of this on because they are no longer the top dog.

Does the average fan really care about things like that as long as their club is winning games?  In united's case they have still made massive profits so it's not like servicing that debt has put them into financial ruin which has happened with some other clubs.  The Glazers took over in 2005 and it is just the entitlement amongst their younger fans that has brought all of this on because they are no longer the top dog.

I'd hope they would care about it, but you're right I don't think they do. It was certainly mentioned at the time though, was it not the reason for that other FC United or Manchester (or something) being setup? That's the thing, they've got a team ready for their support if they really hated it enough. It's obvious that this super league gash is the thing that has tipped them over the edge so that they can pretend to give a fuck, whilst uefa changes the existing competition to do virtually the same thing in the background. The whole thing is akin to Facebook complaining about Google taking your data.

Kelty win first leg of play off 2-0.

Arse collapse by Falkirk is unbelievable 6 points ahead with 9 games left they only picked up 5 points in the remaining games. 

ETA first leg of premier league play off saw Dunfermline draw with Raith 0-0. Winner plays Dundee for right to play 11th in top flight.

8 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

Sporting have just won the Portuguese league and are still unbeaten in the league all season. I remember when they beat us some people were saying they were a team in decline, fallen giants, and so on, which was obviously a load of shite in retrospect.

They were a good team who hadn't played a single game with 8 players missing and were visibly way off the pace. We played a classic McInnes match of overly cautious pish for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, manc_don said:

I see Motherwell have carried over season tickets into the next season.  Decent move, are they fan owned now?

Absolutely the right thing to do.  Clubs should not be keeping fans money who paid for tickets for this season.  They did not get what they paid for and it is pure fraud to be charging them again for next season.  Motherwell should not be looked at as if they are doing some great charitable gesture, they should all be doing it.

Absolutely the right thing to do.  Clubs should not be keeping fans money who paid for tickets for this season.  They did not get what they paid for and it is pure fraud to be charging them again for next season.  Motherwell should not be looked at as if they are doing some great charitable gesture, they should all be doing it.

Was it not the case fans were aware there was a chance they wouldnt be allowed back into the stadiums for the full season and the season ticket sales were seen as a way of helping keeping the teams alive? If so then it isn't fraud.

Whilst it is a noble gesture by Motherwell, whether or not it is a good business decison will remain to be seen.
Will their fans be happy if suddenly there is another lockdown and Fir park remains completely empty for another year with the club ending up in administration again?