Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It's not really suspicious though is it? I don't think they've tried to hide their intentions to fuck off and leave a B team in our league setup.

Well they are not saying the true reason for doing it, which is highly suspicious.

Plus they were trying to use bribes of millions of pounds to push it through.

Nothing fishy about all of that at all.

I'd be delighted to see the back of them if they were invited into the money league.

But if they leave colt teams, who are then suddenly allowed to gain promotion, we are no further on. In fact, it would make our already shit league even worse.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

I'd be delighted to see the back of them if they were invited into the money league.

But if they leave colt teams, who are then suddenly allowed to gain promotion, we are no further on. In fact, it would make our already shit league even worse.

Absolutely. However, it's fairly clear that we'd become the new huns. Without complete restruction, wealth sharing and competition as the main driver we'd pick up a fairly unfair share of the revenues coming into the game. The scum need the colts in the league first before they fuck off as the uproar would be too big were they to be let in afterward. What would likely occur, however, is that the scum fans would likely try to setup some fan owned franchise of both teams that made their way up through the pyramid, possibly even utilising their grounds. I'd struggle to see a barrier to that other than some form of sterilisation program.

35 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Absolutely. However, it's fairly clear that we'd become the new huns. Without complete restruction, wealth sharing and competition as the main driver we'd pick up a fairly unfair share of the revenues coming into the game. The scum need the colts in the league first before they fuck off as the uproar would be too big were they to be let in afterward. What would likely occur, however, is that the scum fans would likely try to setup some fan owned franchise of both teams that made their way up through the pyramid, possibly even utilising their grounds. I'd struggle to see a barrier to that other than some form of sterilisation program.

You'd think that some of the subjugated teams of the last 30 years could get their act together, Hibs, Hearts and United for starters.

Then you'd have bigger crowds at other clubs too.

If there was no Celtic and Rangers in Scottish football it would completely revitalise our league in my opinion.

59 minutes ago, tup1 said:

You'd think that some of the subjugated teams of the last 30 years could get their act together, Hibs, Hearts and United for starters.

Then you'd have bigger crowds at other clubs too.

If there was no Celtic and Rangers in Scottish football it would completely revitalise our league in my opinion.

It would revitalise it, but it wouldn't answer the question of what we want from a league, just as it didn't when the huns died. I'd rather be in a position where any of the top tier could win the league (within a couple of years of promotion, say). A proper competition for proper sport. That would mean that we wouldn't get to keep any european money, and would require that TV money was split evenly. Customers through the door would still go to the clubs, but the issue that sees us with 4 times the budget of Hamilton is no better than the one that see the huns and tims buy their success. If that means [total] wage caps or whatever, then I'm all for it. The whole league has to improve together or not at all.

I don't believe for a second that this would happen of course. Our greed is just less succesful than the cheeks.

Can guarantee both glasgow clubs but especially the huns have been whoring themselves to JP Morgan, since Sunday evening at least. Will be glorious to see them get into the champions league for the first time in their history having spent the guts of £200 million to do so, only to find its now a hugely devalued competition. Be even better if sponsors and TV pull deals in the meantime and they get fuck all cash. Could end up with a financial collapse for them similar to the fate of the original club. 
As has been said this could potentially be a major leveller in European football in terms of the uneven finances, it needs the right people to push competitive leagues and a more even distribution of wealth through all the leagues. Create something that rivals the new ESL but in a different way. Trouble is the greed is there for all to see in the “it’s not fair brigade”. 

One thing is for sure. The fans are having the piss taken out of them by mercenaries who's only love is money.

The Champions League is absolute rubbish, not even worth watching. Seeded to high heaven and ruined in the process. It is no longer possible for a smallish club to win a European trophy.

So this greed has been in place for some time. We are just witnessing it intensifying.

What the fans should do is get together as a group and say no you can't do this, or we won't fund our clubs anymore. That would be the only way to get a reaction - stop the money tap.

I'm so appalled with football and footballers in general, and the pathetic Dons in particular, that I will no longer put any money into the club until they get a grip of themselves and start earning the ridiculous salaries they get paid for doing next to fuck all.

9 minutes ago, tup1 said:

What the fans should do is get together as a group and say no you can't do this, or we won't fund our clubs anymore. That would be the only way to get a reaction - stop the money tap.

Problem is, at the highest level the fans don't fund the clubs.  If you let these big investors come in and are happy to bask in the big signings and the european nights you have to accept these people own the clubs and can do whatever they like.  The fans have no say.  It is no different to going into the local Odeon and protesting at their pick and mix offering.  There is bog all you can do about it, you are simply a visitor, you don't have a say in how the business is run.

In reality this is just a rival to the Champions League and similar to something like when the PDC darts started in that all of the big names moved across and the old BDO was eventually disbanded.  Once the superleague bribe each of the big european leagues and offer a few more qualifying places I think this whole thing will happen.  The same teams are in the champions league each season anyway so this is not really some massive change just the same competition with a different name.  Really funny to see Sky pooping their pants over it because this could break their whole business model if the TV rights end up going the way of Amazon or Apple.

34 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Problem is, at the highest level the fans don't fund the clubs.  If you let these big investors come in and are happy to bask in the big signings and the european nights you have to accept these people own the clubs and can do whatever they like.  The fans have no say.  It is no different to going into the local Odeon and protesting at their pick and mix offering.  There is bog all you can do about it, you are simply a visitor, you don't have a say in how the business is run.

In reality this is just a rival to the Champions League and similar to something like when the PDC darts started in that all of the big names moved across and the old BDO was eventually disbanded.  Once the superleague bribe each of the big european leagues and offer a few more qualifying places I think this whole thing will happen.  The same teams are in the champions league each season anyway so this is not really some massive change just the same competition with a different name.  Really funny to see Sky pooping their pants over it because this could break their whole business model if the TV rights end up going the way of Amazon or Apple.

I have to disagree that the fans have no say. Look at what happened in Scotland in 2012. The 'authorities' wanted to put a new Rangers into the top league straight after the old cheating one got liquidated.

The fans said no, if this happens, it's over. So they never did it. A similar thing is happening now with the colt teams in Scotland. It looks like a straw that would break the camel's back. So they are hesitant to authorise it.

I understand that it replaces and will probably be superior to the Champions League. But it will still undermine the existing football structure. If these teams want to play in a superleague you'd have to say they should be ejected from their domestic leagues in order to do so. If that happens, no problem, it's a separate competition. The domestic leagues would probably benefit from losing these clubs for good.

40 minutes ago, tup1 said:

I have to disagree that the fans have no say. Look at what happened in Scotland in 2012. The 'authorities' wanted to put a new Rangers into the top league straight after the old cheating one got liquidated.

The fans said no, if this happens, it's over. So they never did it. A similar thing is happening now with the colt teams in Scotland. It looks like a straw that would break the camel's back. So they are hesitant to authorise it.

I understand that it replaces and will probably be superior to the Champions League. But it will still undermine the existing football structure. If these teams want to play in a superleague you'd have to say they should be ejected from their domestic leagues in order to do so. If that happens, no problem, it's a separate competition. The domestic leagues would probably benefit from losing these clubs for good.

But what actually happened? Guys like Milne sided with the Tims so that the actual things that matter don't change. We set the stage perfectly for a triumphant Hun return. The fans had a say in absolutely nothing. What happens if this super League shite doesn't happen? A return to the ultra fair closed shop champions League? A proper discussion about the fairness of the game, fan ownership, equality, integrity, competition? It's the equivalent of voting for labour, but still being left with Westminster. It's what isn't talked about that's the issue, not this pish. It's fucking staggering the outrage at such an obvious conclusion to the game at that level. Where did those club's fans think that they were headed? They're just disappointed that they had the audacity to not maintain the illusion of fairness and sporting merit. That's why the politicians are involved, these clubs broke the golden rule by forgetting to pretend that they were doing it for the good of the game. They forgot the greenwash.

Edit: they made the cardinal sin of not wrapping their statement in: "we here at the Liverpool family..."

Edited by RicoS321

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

But what actually happened? Guys like Milne sided with the Tims so that the actual things that matter don't change. We set the stage perfectly for a triumphant Hun return. The fans had a say in absolutely nothing. What happens if this super League shite doesn't happen? A return to the ultra fair closed shop champions League? A proper discussion about the fairness of the game, fan ownership, equality, integrity, competition? It's the equivalent of voting for labour, but still being left with Westminster. It's what isn't talked about that's the issue, not this pish. It's fucking staggering the outrage at such an obvious conclusion to the game at that level. Where did those club's fans think that they were headed? They're just disappointed that they had the audacity to not maintain the illusion of fairness and sporting merit. That's why the politicians are involved, these clubs broke the golden rule by forgetting to pretend that they were doing it for the good of the game. They forgot the greenwash.

Edit: they made the cardinal sin of not wrapping their statement in: "we here at the Liverpool family..."

It's just the logical conclusion of the Champions League. Setting it up in the format it is was the death knell for sporting competition. Previously, two of these self appointed biggest clubs in Europe could be drawn together in the first round in a winner takes all knockout tie.

So this has been coming since the early 90's. Most of football is unfair, heavily weighted nonsense now, with Scottish football being the worst league in the world for the duopoly imposed on it by television companies.

I don't think there is any answer. As a fan I'm disgusted at the way the game has gone in the last 3 decades. My only response is to put no more money into football. If everyone involved is just some self serving greedy opportunist who doesn't consider the supporters at all when making decisions, then they don't deserve any funding.

Football needs to be careful here. People will just walk away from it.

Didn’t think anything could top the hypocrisy of the huns and their new found morality on discrimination, but; the EPL and Sky Sports funding, never been to a live game, supporting teams from hundreds of miles away, post Euro ‘96, football bores outrage at the logical next step for THEIR “sport” might just top it.

Gary Neville the hypocrite in chief, with his tweet about these teams earning £300 million more a season then dropping back into the EPL on a Saturday with that advantage. I’d be really interested to know what the differences in budgets percentage wise were compared to Salford in any of NPL Division 1 North, NPL Premier, National League North D1 or National League? 

Then we’ve got UEFA and FIFA with their essentially “where’s our cut?” anti-ESL statements. 

Got to assume it won’t be long before It becomes a world league with some of the City Sports Group franchises etc. 

• Like 3

I'm not going to defend UEFA, but the Champions League is only the way it is because the big clubs have been threatening a breakaway since the 1990s and UEFA (i.e. the representative of national football associations) have had to give in to them because they're in a weak position. UEFA might be useless/corrupt but even if you had a genius at the top of UEFA they wouldn't be able to do much.

It's a bit like blaming the SFA for Scottish football being uncompetitive - the SFA are indeed useless but it's the Old Firm that hold 90% of the responsibility for it and reforming the SFA/UEFA is never going to achieve anything unless you take the power away from the big clubs.

3 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

I'm not going to defend UEFA, but the Champions League is only the way it is because the big clubs have been threatening a breakaway since the 1990s and UEFA (i.e. the representative of national football associations) have had to give in to them because they're in a weak position. UEFA might be useless/corrupt but even if you had a genius at the top of UEFA they wouldn't be able to do much.

It's a bit like blaming the SFA for Scottish football being uncompetitive - the SFA are indeed useless but it's the Old Firm that hold 90% of the responsibility for it and reforming the SFA/UEFA is never going to achieve anything unless you take the power away from the big clubs.

That was the key in the 80's. The Old Firm as they call themselves had no such hegemony over the SFA at that time. The SFA was firmly in charge.

Now they're just a spineless shambles who does as their paymasters tell them to do. With it, Scottish football has gone down the toilet.

A better discussion than this Super League pish would be how bad ALL the domestic leagues in Europe are. Every single one of them is ridiculously skewed. The Champions League caused this.

So Uefa release the changes to the Champions League from 23/24 just as all the teams pull out of the ESL due to "fan power". 

Teams that don't qualify through their already advantageous positions get places.

More teams so more games.

One big league and a set up that allows the big teams to essentially control the auto spots. 

More meaningless games to appease the smaller teams. 

What are the odds for a two tier league from the following season? Champions League Premier and Chumpions League who gives a fuck.

The apologies and resignations can't come fast enough for me.

Football was never about money. Making it all about money completely ruins the competitive element.

So in Scotland we have 90% of the wealth of our game being stolen by two clubs, who've set themselves up in a nice cosy corrupt environment where they get most of the TV money and most of the prize money. Every fucking season.

Then they lord it over everyone else.

Scottish football needs to take a good look at itself on the back of these resignations. Wankers like Doncaster have done us over. They should resign too.