Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

La liga saying Messi can't leave Barcelona unless someone stumps up the £624million.
Seems his contract is up at the end of this season so looks like Barca are onto a loser here. Messi turns up to training as required but doesn't 'perform' when picked to eventually gets dropped and sits it out until next June on a large salary.

Maybe there will soon be a 'Messi' transfer ruling which updates the 'Bosman' one

Edited by tom_widdows

49 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Not that there was ever any doubt but Neymar really is a wee wanker. He posted on Instagram last night that his only regret is not punching the guy in the face rather than the back of the head. Aye, like he'd have been brave enough to do that.

he's an absolute stain on the game. Very rarely do I wish injury on a non weegie based player, but I definitely do with him.

I like him. Did he nae get Scott Brown sent off? Good lad.

It's funny, he gets a lot of abuse for the diving he does, but check the nick of all those incidents, what an embarrassment. Barely a tap between them and they've all been snipered. The boy he tapped on the back of the heid is equally as much a fanny as Neymar. It's a shame too, if the guy made a racist comment, because few would believe him (Neymar) because of his prior reputation. It would be like if Morelos accused someone of it. I'm guessing that if he did say something, then it was in the prior incident, in which case a player would surely know to report it immediately (the Logan protocol)? Or at least confront the guy at that point if it angered him that much. 

Overall though, I think scrapping like this definitely improves the game and it should be encouraged.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 09:15, wee toon red said:

Not that there was ever any doubt but Neymar really is a wee wanker. He posted on Instagram last night that his only regret is not punching the guy in the face rather than the back of the head. Aye, like he'd have been brave enough to do that.

I love him on the sole basis that Celtic supporters hate him. He has ripped them to pieces several times and made a fool of Brown so for me he's a fine bloke.

Edited by tup1

On 21/07/2020 at 22:32, tom_widdows said:

Further down the EFL has appealed against the 2 point penalty given to Macclesfield for failing to pay their players - They had already been docked 11 points for not paying the players and failing to fulfill fixtures with a further 4 point penalty suspended until next season.

If that penalty is increased yo 3 of more Macclesfield will be relegated to the conference and Stevenage will will be put back into league 2

English football is a joke

Macclesfield Town have just been wound up by the High court with a debt of about £500,000.
This included £190,000 in Tax and £173,000 owed to a former manager.

Thats two clubs from the Manchester area gone in 2 seasons. Would have been 3 if Bolton hadn't survived by the skin of their teeth and possibly might well be given Wigan are still in administration

At the other end of Englandshire Southend United have had their winding up petition over a similar debt adjourned again this time until the 28th October 

Edited by tom_widdows

9 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Thats two clubs from the Manchester area gone in 2 seasons. Would have been 3 if Bolton hadn't survived by the skin of their teeth and possibly might well be given Wigan are still in administration

Administrators apparently looking for bids between £2.1million and £3.3million for Wigan. Thats to buy the club, stadium, training ground, and remaining players contracts outright but no one is interested.

Dave Whelan supposedly used to pay £800k a month just to keep them  afloat when he was chairman!

Connah's Quay Nomads boss has said he was told by the club to 'turn a blind eye' to any players who were showing symptoms before their europa league game last night. 3 players said they felt unwell but played anyway and are now self isolating.
They lost the game but be interested to see if UEFA and/or the FAW take any action. Also wonder if Dimamo Tblissi would take legal action if they ended up having to forfeit their 3rd qualifying tie with KI (Faroe Islands) due to Covid?

Day three of Sturgeon imposed self isolation so no golf this afternoon.

Bit bored as no Dons game so flicked through the options on IPTV and settled upon Killie v Hamilton.

Not exactly a classic but ten man Killie probably did enough to win, but MOTM for me a wee lad in the Hamilton midfield called Reegen Mimnaugh.

You, like me have probably never of heard of him, but if today was indictitive of what he can do, remember where you first heard the name, as reckon he has a big future

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I was just joking. Although with Campbell and the boy fae county too, even our future slots are filled these days.

Christ almighty, I had forgotten  all about the boy from County, Gallacher is it ?

Shows the squad depth we currently have that Campbell isn't currently getting a sniff of first team football. Definitely one to head out on loan in next week or so surely.