Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

I believe BSC have tried to get an arrangement with Warriors but have not been able to make any head way. Number of teams have come across to senior non league football in the West so loads to choose from.

Ive got a few in mind but would be nice to follow BSC in person given they are techincally the closest team geographically to me.

After that its either Clydebank, Maryhill Juniors or perhaps even Queens Park (see how the redeveloped Lesser Hampden looks)

In other football news Clive Tyldesley has been punted by ITV.

No more 'WE HAVE LIFT OFF' after Englandshire score first only for them to be pegged back in an amusing way about 10mins later

Delighted with Huddersfield's win tonight to save their season. A wee bonus was kicking Slavering Bilic in the nuts and giving Brentford a free run but I've a wee sweet spot for Huddersfield after watching them get thrashed at Chelsea on 1st Feb last year. "This place is like a fucking library" they sang when 3-0 down. Fell in love with them right there.

They delivered promotion to Leeds tonight. Hope they do well next year. Mon the Yorkshire. Fine people.

With 2 rounds to go in the English Championship it now seems Wigan are not the only club potentially facing points deduction.

Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday facing up to 21 point penalties for selling their stadiums to their owners to make sure they didnt breach the financial fair play rules.

Hillsborough was sold for £60million so the club posted a 24.6million pre tax profit.

Pride Park was sold for £80million so Derby posted a 14.6million pre tax profit

Further down the EFL has appealed against the 2 point penalty given to Macclesfield for failing to pay their players - They had already been docked 11 points for not paying the players and failing to fulfill fixtures with a further 4 point penalty suspended until next season.

If that penalty is increased yo 3 of more Macclesfield will be relegated to the conference and Stevenage will will be put back into league 2

English football is a joke

Bournemouth and Watford down as Villa stay up by a point. The failure of the goal line technology in Villas game against Sheffield United played massive now. Wonder if either team will consider suing the goal line tech company.

On 13/07/2020 at 10:10, Jute said:

Manchester City have Champions league ban overturned but have to pay €10m fine. Suspect owners with have that in spare change somewhere.

ETA: Guessing that’s UEFAs financial fair play in the bin.

More 'leaked' emails published by Der Speigel which seemingly undermine the CAS verdict.
I would laugh so hard if the CAS verdict was thrown out especially watching how those City officials who demanded an apology back track.

7th August is possibly the first time I've wanted Real Madrid to win a game

22 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

More 'leaked' emails published by Der Speigel which seemingly undermine the CAS verdict.
I would laugh so hard if the CAS verdict was thrown out especially watching how those City officials who demanded an apology back track.

7th August is possibly the first time I've wanted Real Madrid to win a game

As much as I despise City and their obvious financial doping I could never want those fascist cunts to win a game*.

* Clearly does not apply when playing either of the Glasgow bigots. 

10 hours ago, Jute said:

As much as I despise City and their obvious financial doping I could never want those fascist cunts to win a game*.

* Clearly does not apply when playing either of the Glasgow bigots. 

Agreed. Real Madrid are a horrible club. I put them in the same bracket as Rangers and Man U. It is their fans who define them, blind in their loyalty and totally divorced from reality. The Bernabeu is an impressive stadium but I could smell the arrogance that pervades every brick. It's a conundrum that I love their current manager who may well go on to be one of the best of all time. I'm not sure he would have the heart to manage anyone else though and may well take them to the very top. 

On 21/07/2020 at 22:32, tom_widdows said:

With 2 rounds to go in the English Championship it now seems Wigan are not the only club potentially facing points deduction.

Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday facing up to 21 point penalties for selling their stadiums to their owners to make sure they didnt breach the financial fair play rules.

Hillsborough was sold for £60million so the club posted a 24.6million pre tax profit.

Pride Park was sold for £80million so Derby posted a 14.6million pre tax profit

Further down the EFL has appealed against the 2 point penalty given to Macclesfield for failing to pay their players - They had already been docked 11 points for not paying the players and failing to fulfill fixtures with a further 4 point penalty suspended until next season.

If that penalty is increased yo 3 of more Macclesfield will be relegated to the conference and Stevenage will will be put back into league 2

English football is a joke

Sheffield Wednesday given a 12 point penalty for the start of next season. Perhaps the EFL decided they had enough headaches sorting out the relegation from this season without adding Wednesday to it (they would have finished bottom of the league had the penalty been applied for the most recent season)

Remains to be seen if Derby get the same treatment

14 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Sheffield Wednesday given a 12 point penalty for the start of next season. Perhaps the EFL decided they had enough headaches sorting out the relegation from this season without adding Wednesday to it (they would have finished bottom of the league had the penalty been applied for the most recent season)

Remains to be seen if Derby get the same treatment

So they cheated to stay up, and still stay up? A bit fucked up.

26 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

So they cheated to stay up, and still stay up? A bit fucked up.

More evidence to throw back at an english football fan who criticises any other league.

Remains to be seen if Charlton lodge a legal challenge.
In fact given how precarious clubs finances are every team who finished below them could club together to sue the EFL for prize money they missed out on.
If for some reason Derby get the maximum 21 penalty I reckon the lawyers will be in feeding frenzy

7 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

More evidence to throw back at an english football fan who criticises any other league.

Remains to be seen if Charlton lodge a legal challenge.
In fact given how precarious clubs finances are every team who finished below them could club together to sue the EFL for prize money they missed out on.
If for some reason Derby get the maximum 21 penalty I reckon the lawyers will be in feeding frenzy

Apparently Derby’s case will not be heard until November or so SSN said.

Am I the only person who thinks Arsenal's second goal should have been disallowed for a foul on the chelsea defender after his slide tackle?
The amount of powder puff, pathetic (and so on) incidents VAR will chop goals off for and yet getting a studs up challenge in the small of your back after you get to the ball first is OK?

4 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Am I the only person who thinks Arsenal's second goal should have been disallowed for a foul on the chelsea defender after his slide tackle?
The amount of powder puff, pathetic (and so on) incidents VAR will chop goals off for and yet getting a studs up challenge in the small of your back after you get to the ball first is OK?

No you aren't. It was certainly a foul and I was astonished that it wasn't given on VAR review, given that Arsenal scored only a few seconds later. That said...I hate Chelsea who are the sevco of the south and so glad that Arsenal prevailed.

5 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Didn’t notice it at the time but watching highlights there I think you are right it was a foul. 

It seems to me that Brentford suffered the Arsene Wenger Arsenal curse of thinking you had to pass the ball into the net.
Got a soft spot for them so have watched a few of their games since the season restarted and tonight,as with the Barnsley game which cost them automatic promotion in the first place, it was genuinelly frustrating that not one of their players ever seemed to get 25 yards from goal and just think 'fuck it, I'm hitting this as hard as possible'

Fulham's second goal was even more sickening when they showed Brentford's strikers how it was meant to be done.

Would have been nice to have someone different from the usual shower in the joke league. Might even have made time to occasionally watch match of the day again.

Edited by tom_widdows

12 minutes ago, Jute said:

Tribute Act 1-0 down to Leverkusen 4-1 on aggregate. Could easily have been more so far. Hun doing the summarising greeting about the massive financial gap. 

When did they sell Morelos ?

Oh wait he is there apparently

Wolves just been hit with a sanction from UEFA for breaching the Financial Fair Pay rules

Should they win the Europa League they will only be allowed to register 23 players for their champions league games instead of 25.
Have also agreed to some sort of 'break even' financial thing which I personally don't understand.

Seems a fairly typical limp wristed response from UEFA