Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

But also unlike sevco…..they do have an owner willing to put his hand into his own pocket when required. The word is that (via some creative accounting) it he who is personally funding Shankland's extraordinary...in Championship terms....contract.

There was a thread about this very subject on swallow swallow last week. The lack of self awareness as they accused United of financial doping was both infuriating and hilarious in equal measure.

As I  say...United are taking a punt on getting themselves promoted. If it succeeds, the extra money they will make in the SPL will cover any short term losses. And they have Shankland on a decent length of contract to sell if anything goes wrong. The model works in the short term at least. I repeat....its exactly the model that sevco used only on a smaller scale.

From highlights it looked some game between Liverpool and Arsenal last night. 5-5 with some cracking goals from both teams.

I started watching it but switched over to Chelsea Man U simply cos I'd never heard of half the players. Shame how their league cup has been so devalued by playing second strings. At least we got all the goals during the boring match I did end up watching before switching back for the pens. The quality of the goals was amazing. Lampard and OGS at least played most of their best players.

I started watching it but switched over to Chelsea Man U simply cos I'd never heard of half the players. Shame how their league cup has been so devalued by playing second strings. At least we got all the goals during the boring match I did end up watching before switching back for the pens. The quality of the goals was amazing. Lampard and OGS at least played most of their best players.

Klopp is clearly not interested in the domestic cup competitions. I can see why Liverpool put all their eggs in the league basket but as promising as some of their kids are they're not good enough to win the competition so it might well bite him on the arse like it very nearly did last season. Although part of this might be that the Club World Cup is coming up and an EFL quarter final is so low on the priorities list that it's the last thing they want.

It was some game though. Some shite defending/goalkeeping and some brilliant strikes. The penalties were of high quality also.  Neco Williams and Curtis Jones looks like some prospects.

Much like the UK, Scottish football has gone back 10years  :hammer:

I made the same quote about Scottish football to my Sons last night when I heard the Celtic score.  They are miles in front of us financially, but feels like we have all gave up competing against them at every level and I don't just mean Aberdeen.

You are left wondering how long we can bother watching this as there is no competition. We would be better off watching football in the lower leagues as at least they have something to play for.

Serious own goal on our (his) part. Very good wins for them, terrible for the rest of us.

Yes, two very good wins. Pains me to say it, but I thought Celtic were very good when they were up here the other week, fair enough we were gash, but they were head and shoulders above us on the pitch and in the second half they just toyed with us.

They are beatable of course, but to do so needs them having an off day and any other team in the league playing to their best in every area.

Stewart Milne will be happy with these results though :

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Jealousy is one of the wickedest of all the passions. It is that which has been the most fruitful mother of tragedies, murders, and wars. But reprehensible though it is, jealousy is almost rather to be pitied than blamed-its first victims are those who harbour the feeling.

Jealousy is one of the wickedest of all the passions. It is that which has been the most fruitful mother of tragedies, murders, and wars. But reprehensible though it is, jealousy is almost rather to be pitied than blamed-its first victims are those who harbour the feeling.

Are you prepared to share the source of this quote?

Edit: a simple search revealed.

They quite obviously weren't your words for two reasons; style AND substance. The person who doesn't believe in putting people on pedestals has latent envy within his soul and would be unlikely to be able to articulate jealousy with intelligent words construction. The vocabulary range also far exceeded your own. The context was also a big miss in that no jealousy or envy had been posted to which your plagiarism would've applied. The fact that you failed to amend the punctuation weakness in your wholesale copy and paste was not surprising. One might wonder exactly what your motives were however?

Are you prepared to share the source of this quote?

Edit: a simple search revealed.

They quite obviously weren't your words for two reasons; style AND substance. The person who doesn't believe in putting people on pedestals has latent envy within his soul and would be unlikely to be able to articulate jealousy with intelligent words construction. The vocabulary range also far exceeded your own. The context was also a big miss in that no jealousy or envy had been posted to which your plagiarism would've applied. The fact that you failed to amend the punctuation weakness in your wholesale copy and paste was not surprising. One might wonder exactly what your motives were however?

Arse.

(source: Father Jack)

• 2 weeks later...

Copa Libertadores final was pretty uneventful til the last 5mins

River Plate were 1-0 up from the 14th minute and Flamengo couldnt get anything organised

They equalised in the 89th minute and then 2mins into injury time scored the winner.

Both teams then had a player sent off (including the scorer of the winning goal).

Glad River plate lost. Just don't like them for some reason.

Great old style South American stadium in Lima too

monumentalconmebol.jpg

• 1 month later...

Didn't take Hearts long to go one down in the Edinburgh derby  :laughing:

I think the best result here would be a draw though. Keeps Hearts rooted firmly to the bottom....in the SPFL years apparently the club at the bottom of the table at Xmas has always been relegated.....and allows us hopefully to put further distance between ourselves and Hib

And as I type Hibs go 2-0 up...……….oh dear  :rofl:

Ryan Christie charged with grabbing Morelos in the nuts during the game the other day. Hearing on 6th January...

HOWEVER...….

There are rumours now appearing (mainly from Celtic sources it has to be said so may be bullcrap) that Morelos may well have taken his revenge in the tunnel after the game. Christie certainly had to be admitted to hospital for emergency groin surgery yesterday and the Dhims are claiming that it is the result of getting a hefty boot in the nutts in the tunnel. They are saying this is why Fat Jabba has released the statement about VAR to get in first before the Christie story emerges.

As I say...could be a pile of shyte but it's certainly a better story than any of the trash that's been on telly over the festive period