Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but apparently Killie sold less tickets for the Final than they did for the Semi Final.

So remind me again why we need the Old Firm?

We need them to fill out stadiums for us

You know those min 100006000 seaters which are always sold out when they come to play

We need them to fill out stadiums for us

You know those min 100006000 seaters which are always sold out when they come to play

Just a wee side note

So far this season the highest home attendances at 3 of 12 SPL clubs have been non old firm games

Hearts - Hibs

Hibs - Hearts

Dundee United - Aberdeen

St Johnstones highest attendance was 6759 (vs Celtic) - 3914 empty seats

Kilmarnocks highest attendance was 9506 (Vs Rangers) - 8622 empty seats.

Saints are apparenlty demolishing one of their stands for a new road. I predict Kilmarnock and other clubs may start down similar avenues pretty soon

With regards to the killie fans at the cup final there are many folk who will not go to matches involving either of the old firm. In particular they are reluctant to take their kids because of the unsavoury element of their own teams fans that come out for them.

Dundee United had nearly 30000 fans for 2010 final. Had it been against celtic instead of ross county they would have only been given a max 18000 and I reckon they would have struggled to sell 15000. A reduction in the glory hunting element would have accounted for some of that but also the reluctance to come to Hampden to play a local team

Just a wee side note

So far this season the highest home attendances at 3 of 12 SPL clubs have been non old firm games

Hearts - Hibs

Hibs - Hearts

Dundee United - Aberdeen

St Johnstones highest attendance was 6759 (vs Celtic) - 3914 empty seats

Kilmarnocks highest attendance was 9506 (Vs Rangers) - 8622 empty seats.

Saints are apparenlty demolishing one of their stands for a new road. I predict Kilmarnock and other clubs may start down similar avenues pretty soon

With regards to the killie fans at the cup final there are many folk who will not go to matches involving either of the old firm. In particular they are reluctant to take their kids because of the unsavoury element of their own teams fans that come out for them.

Dundee United had nearly 30000 fans for 2010 final. Had it been against celtic instead of ross county they would have only been given a max 18000 and I reckon they would have struggled to sell 15000. A reduction in the glory hunting element would have accounted for some of that but also the reluctance to come to Hampden to play a local team

Agree with this. A LOT

I believe that since the fuss we made in 2000 every club has the opportunity to sell 50% of the Cup Final tickets if they want, so in theory United could have had a 50/50 split with celtic if they believed they could sell all their tickets.

The rest is spot on.

Actually I believ the SFA were sneaky about that.

To start with it is declared as a 50-50 split but they give out 'initial' allocations to each club.

Celtic or rangers initial allocations are approx 24000.

Other clubs are initially given say 12000 and then have to go back and ask for more in 3000 blocks. If you havent reached your 24000 within a certain time (say 2 weeks before the final) they say 'tough you had yer chance' and had the rest over to OF. So whilst you might not get 24000 you could probably get pretty close too it if you could sell your allocatiion right up until the last day

The only Euro league that seems beyond reproach in this context seems, in everything i know about it anyway,  to be the bundesliga.

probably right. there's been suggestions for a while now that the english league is as riddled with corruption as any out there. not surprising really given the financial value of the league.

Oh, so we're allowed to mention Liverpool getting pumped if you've made money off it...?

;)

Why would you not be "allowed" to speak about Liverpool getting pumped? My issue was with non footballing matters being magnified in a thread that's about fitba.  :wave:

Why would you not be "allowed" to speak about Liverpool getting pumped? My issue was with non footballing matters being magnified in a thread that's about fitba.  :wave:

"Credit to Liverpool, they didn't just come to make up the numbers" - Wigan manager Roberto Martinez feels moved to congratulate his defeated opponents for their pluck - at Anfield.