Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

I'll thank you for not telling me when I have and haven't complained.  ::)

I despise diving. There's no doubt Gerrard's taken a few tumbles. But that's got fuck all to do with the fact that Berbatov dived and won a penalty to win the match. I don't like seeing Gerrard dive.

The clips include some pretty clear fouls too. The one in the CL final for example. Rino clearly catches his foot whilst he's traveling quite fast right in front of goal? Why would he dive when he could have slotted it into the net if he stayed on his feet? Anyway. I'm not saying Gerrard's an angel.

I didn't edit the video. The only one I wouldn't agree with is the CL one. The rest are dives/on par with Berbatov.

I'd say the blame lies more with Agger than it does with Berbatov.

You're supporting your team and fair play for that but I think you're being more than slightly biased considering you said Gerrard's tackle was no more dangerous than Rafael's.

The part about the motm was tongue in cheek.

I didn't edit the video. The only one I wouldn't agree with is the CL one. The rest are dives/on par with Berbatov.

I'd say the blame lies more with Agger than it does with Berbatov.

You're supporting your team and fair play for that but I think you're being more than slightly biased considering you said Gerrard's tackle was no more dangerous than Rafael's.

What part about MOTM? ???

Agger is not to blame. ::) If that's honestly a foul then there should be 50 penalties in every game. It's a fucking contact sport and the contact made wasn't nearly enough to send Berbatov to the deck. Which is how he managed an extra couple of steps before hitting the deck. If you think that's anything other than a dive then it's maybe you that needs to take the tinted specs off. It's fast getting to the point where you can't make contact with anyone in their penalty box. If you ask me that's fucking bollocks whether it goes for my teams or against my teams.

My view of the tackle is irrelevant as it's the penalty that we're disagreeing on. The tackle deserved a red and that's what it got. End of.

What part about MOTM? ???

Agger is not to blame. ::) If that's honestly a foul then there should be 50 penalties in every game. It's a fucking contact sport and the contact made wasn't nearly enough to send Berbatov to the deck. Which is how he managed an extra couple of steps before hitting the deck. If you think that's anything other than a dive then it's maybe you that needs to take the tinted specs off. It's fast getting to the point where you can't make contact with anyone in their penalty box. If you ask me that's fucking bollocks whether it goes for my teams or against my teams.

My view of the tackle is irrelevant as it's the penalty that we're disagreeing on. The tackle deserved a red and that's what it got. End of.

What are you on about "What part about MOTM"? Are you ignoring previous comments?

Of course Agger is to blame. While Berbatov went down very easily whether Agger pushed him or not it's incredibly foolish to place your arms on an attackers back anywhere on the pitch never mind in the box.

What tinted specs? What did Aberdeen gain from Man Utd winning a penalty?

No, we're also disagreeing on the part where you said "I can't really argue about Gerrard's red card. Although no more "dangerous" than Rafael's two footed tackle on Meireles seconds earlier.".

Missed most the 1st half.

What happened to Killie?  Radio Scotland were busying telling me on the way home (and seemingly for weeks) that Killie are the best footballing side in the league at the moment. 

The few mins I did see looked like pretty much the usual Killie to me.

I mean ffs sake they let laugherty score!

from scottishleague.net

The problem with League attendances is that until fairly recently many were given as estimates. The Scottish Football League has accurate attendance records from 1961 onwards but guards these like the Crown Jewels.

In the past 40 years the lowest League gate at Parkhead is the 4,956 who watched Celtic v Dundee on Apr 24th 1984.

The lowest Rangers figure is more problematic. The match at Ibrox on May 23rd 1979 against Partick Thistle is quoted in 'Rothmans' as just 2,500 but other publications have listed a figure as high as 6,000.

Games in 1972 against Ayr United and Dunfermline Athletic on Apr 27th and May 1st respectively are both given as 3,000 by 'Rothmans' and 4,000 elsewhere.

There is a definitive answer but unless the Scottish Football League puts these figures into the public domain the best I can say is that it is likely to be one of the matches mentioned above.

Incidentally, the Football League in England has no such reticence when it comes to gates. Attendances for every League game from 1925-26 onwards are freely available.

In Scotland we have to make do with seasonal totals which reveal the worst average attendances in the past 40 years to be 18,390 for Celtic in 1983-84 and 16,400 for Rangers in 1981-82.

What are you on about "What part about MOTM"? Are you ignoring previous comments?

I’m not ignoring anything. I’m just unclear as to what comments you’re referring to.

Of course Agger is to blame. While Berbatov went down very easily whether Agger pushed him or not it's incredibly foolish to place your arms on an attackers back anywhere on the pitch never mind in the box.

As I said.. football is a contact sport. If that’s a penalty then we should get several per game. Berbatov hit the deck voluntarily. Agger’s challenge wasn’t enough to send him to the deck. This is known as simulation - a bookable offence.

I’m not ignoring anything. I’m just unclear as to what comments you’re referring to.

As I said.. football is a contact sport. If that’s a penalty then we should get several per game. Berbatov hit the deck voluntarily. Agger’s challenge wasn’t enough to send him to the deck. This is known as simulation - a bookable offence.

You said yourself is giving him man of the match after diving a good sign to the kids?  ::)

Why did he put his hands on Berbatovs back when there was no need to? If he doesn't do that then Berbatov can't go down. When I was growing up playing football I was told not to do that so I can't understand why pro's feel the need to?

Aye, the worrying trend is that more of the big teams around europe want it. the old firm price split, Big banners at deportivo and a few other Spanish grounds saying "We don't want no SPL" (picture was in the guardian yesterday)

Bit lost here. Are they referring to the split, or TV money breakdown?

You said yourself is giving him man of the match after diving a good sign to the kids?  ::)

Yes I said that... I've still got no idea what you're going on about here:

What part? ???

Why did he put his hands on Berbatovs back when there was no need to? If he doesn't do that then Berbatov can't go down. When I was growing up playing football I was told not to do that so I can't understand why pro's feel the need to?

I thought it was the slight brush on Berbatov's ankle two strides earlier that sent him crashing to the deck rather than placing an arm on him? If either of those things send you hurtling to the deck you shouldn't be a footballer. It's cheating and Berbatov should be fucking embarrassed. But he doesn't have to be because his cheating got him the coveted MOTM award. ::)

Yes I said that... I've still got no idea what you're going on about here:

What part? ???

I thought it was the slight brush on Berbatov's ankle two strides earlier that sent him crashing to the deck rather than placing an arm on him? If either of those things send you hurtling to the deck you shouldn't be a footballer. It's cheating and Berbatov should be fucking embarrassed. But he doesn't have to be because his cheating got him the coveted MOTM award. ::)

I made a comment about Torres and Gerrard cheating yet still getting motm awards.

I was under the impression it was for a 'push' the referee gave the penalty but if it's for clipping him, whether there's a lot of contact or not the original point still stands. Defenders need to be careful and Agger was not.

I haven't once said it was definitely a penalty. I've said it was very soft. Whether Berbatov has gone down easily or not the blame still lies with Agger. Going down easily isn't something that started several years ago with Lee Miller. It's happened for years and Agger needs to be more careful in future.

I thought it was the slight brush on Berbatov's ankle two strides earlier that sent him crashing to the deck rather than placing an arm on him? If either of those things send you hurtling to the deck you shouldn't be a footballer.

As I said earlier, I don't think it was a penalty but you're treading very dangerous ground by saying things like "that touch shouldn't put you down". Says who?  It can only take a slight touch to knock you off balance when running at speed, how do you decide what is enough to put someone to ground? And you can't say "he's a big guy, that shouldn't be enough to make him fall", because the rules have to be the same for every player regardless of height or bulk.