Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Torres has been a disgrace, the Liverpool players are working their arses off, they are clearly giving it some and that surly cunt looks thoroughly uninterested.

Been subbed for David MmmBop.

Owen on for United, it would make me LOL OUT LOUD if he scored, fair amount of venom coming his way from the Scoreboard End.

Pretty standard stuff from them, they usually ask for the cost of the shirt/baws they donate.

My sis organised a charity auction a few years back and every club DONATED a few bits and pieces. Celtic were not represented as they wanted the cost price of everything.

Pretty funny when you think that charity was one of the reason they were founded.  And if you know your history indeed ::)

Why the hell is there such an aura of invincibility around Gerrard and Torres?

They've both been shit for about a year but would still go for MILLIONS.

Surely selling one or both of them and using the money to make the rest of the team a bit less shit is the only option they have?

Torres I'd punt tomorrow, I'd move heaven and earth to keep Gerard in spite of his dafty tackle today, he's a very good player.

Torres I'd punt tomorrow, I'd move heaven and earth to keep Gerard in spite of his dafty tackle today, he's a very good player.

The thing is though, how can they punt Torres when he isn't performing? He's now on game 99 of his fitness comeback... They need him to start performing in the second half of the season otherwise he's worth next to fuck all to what he was 18 months ago.

And Gerrard.. cracking player, but he's past his peak probably. How much will you get for him now? He's so ingrained in Liverpool's ways now, I don't know if he's worth the risk; there must be better options out there. Maybe he's just destined to play out his days at Anfield.

The thing is though, how can they punt Torres when he isn't performing? He's now on game 99 of his fitness comeback... They need him to start performing in the second half of the season otherwise he's worth next to fuck all to what he was 18 months ago.

And Gerrard.. cracking player, but he's past his peak probably. How much will you get for him now? He's so ingrained in Liverpool's ways now, I don't know if he's worth the risk; there must be better options out there. Maybe he's just destined to play out his days at Anfield.

I think Torres will still get a decent fee, rightly on wrongly, same with Gerard.

Gerard may well be past his peak as you say but if he can get some fitness back and Dalglish says all the right things to him he'll get back. Torres, the man just don't give a fuck.

Kenny-Dalglish-001.jpg

The above pic is being used for the Guardian's Minute By Minute report of the Utd-Liverpool game and someone emailed into them to ask "who is the large breasted player standing behind Dalglish in your picture?"

And, as I suspected...

"The player featured in the lead photo and referred to as large breasted in your coverage is - I think - the one and only Doug Rougvie - known as the beast of Stamford Bridge throughout the second half of the 1980s," writes Peter Dickinson. "He was a former Aberdeen star under Ferguson, if I remember rightly, and the kind of ridiculously violent footballer which the game sadly lacks today. He could also play a bit and was generally a hero from an era when Chelsea were actually a team rather than an oligarch's yacht club deposit."

;D

Kenny-Dalglish-001.jpg

The above pic is being used for the Guardian's Minute By Minute report of the Utd-Liverpool game and someone emailed into them to ask "who is the large breasted player standing behind Dalglish in your picture?"

And, as I suspected...

"The player featured in the lead photo and referred to as large breasted in your coverage is - I think - the one and only Doug Rougvie - known as the beast of Stamford Bridge throughout the second half of the 1980s," writes Peter Dickinson. "He was a former Aberdeen star under Ferguson, if I remember rightly, and the kind of ridiculously violent footballer which the game sadly lacks today. He could also play a bit and was generally a hero from an era when Chelsea were actually a team rather than an oligarch's yacht club deposit."

;D

:lolabove:

:lolabove:

Being just slightly too young to see Rougvie in the flesh for us, I was delighted to see him play against the huns in the Masters Tournament several years ago at Braehead Arena.

Hateley was lording it there, lapping up the spastics appreciation everytime he touched the ball.  He rather stupidly went wide towards the hoardings and big Doug followed, Hateley got the ball and tried to turn him, Doug just stood there and Hateley clattered into the boards before falling on his face.

He stood up, looking to square up, Rougvie just stood there laughing at him.  No Dons player went up.  Several huns went up to pull Hateley away.  And the vision of big Rougvie pointing at hateley and saying "I'll fucking have you" will stay with me for a long time.  Hateley gave a matey laugh to Rougvie.. about ten seconds later the ball came to Hateley and big Doug cemented him. We celebrated as if we'd just won the league.

Small pleasures, eh?

Being just slightly too young to see Rougvie in the flesh for us, I was delighted to see him play against the huns in the Masters Tournament several years ago at Braehead Arena.

Hateley was lording it there, lapping up the spastics appreciation everytime he touched the ball.  He rather stupidly went wide towards the hoardings and big Doug followed, Hateley got the ball and tried to turn him, Doug just stood there and Hateley clattered into the boards before falling on his face.

He stood up, looking to square up, Rougvie just stood there laughing at him.  No Dons player went up.  Several huns went up to pull Hateley away.  And the vision of big Rougvie pointing at hateley and saying "I'll fucking have you" will stay with me for a long time.  Hateley gave a matey laugh to Rougvie.. about ten seconds later the ball came to Hateley and big Doug cemented him. We celebrated as if we'd just won the league.

Small pleasures, eh?

Ha ha ha that's brilliant Bobby.