Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Festivals

Should have booked through http://www.thebooth.co.uk/, cheaper booking fees.

Its a cracking festival though.

I've got my tickets!  :thumbsup:

I might see you there  ;D

How much do you spend during the three days on booze and food? Planning on bringing a shit load of drink and bringing my own food to keep costs down though. And are they strict on selling underagers? Sorry for all the questions.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might see you there  ;D

How much do you spend during the three days on booze and food? Planning on bringing a shit load of drink and bringing my own food to keep costs down though. And are they strict on selling underagers? Sorry for all the questions.

I don't know if they are strict on underagers, but I have to say the food on offer at the festival is superb - really good quality stuff in the Argyle Food tent.

Also got lots of decent drink, including real ale.

You won't get in to the arena from the campsite with much booze on you.

I'd probably spend £100-£150 in three days mostly on booze, and some food in the arena.

What is the VIP camping all about kow?  Also has anyother bands been announced yet?  The headliners soo far are great, much better than those of TITP other than Blur their hadliners aint got shit on rockness.

VIP camping is a waste of money IMHO.  You get your own tent already set up and fenced off area to camp in, with your own toilets but its not worth it.  Last year Rockness had the cleanest bogs I've seen at a festival, so your own private toilets didn't really make much difference.  I suggest you camp with the masses unless you have money to burn.

Confirmed artists:

Friday 12th June

The Flaming Lips

Boom Monk Ben

The Revenge

Saturday 13th June

Basement Jaxx

Orbital

Dizzee Rascal

Ali Herron

Wave Machines

Sunday 14th June

The Prodigy

Placebo

Biffy Clyro

The Wombats

Erol Alkan

Rob da Bank

Others confirmed

Super Furry Animals

Pete Tong

David Guetta

Zane Lowe

DJ Yoda

Crookers

Brodinski

Cheers kow, VIP is only £21 more, I'll see what my mates say, only ever been to one day of TITP and the toilets were rotten, wouldn't mind camping, remember you saying that it is a cracking festival so will probably get something sorted this week.

Not sure andrew, just never camped before so the posher the better.

Should have booked through http://www.thebooth.co.uk/, cheaper booking fees.

Its a cracking festival though.

I've got my tickets!  :thumbsup:

Incorrect.

You chould have gone to OneUp and bought your tickets there, even cheaper & you're helping out your local independent record store.

VIP camping is a waste of money IMHO.  You get your own tent already set up and fenced off area to camp in, with your own toilets but its not worth it.  Last year Rockness had the cleanest bogs I've seen at a festival, so your own private toilets didn't really make much difference.  I suggest you camp with the masses unless you have money to burn.

Confirmed artists:

Friday 12th June

The Flaming Lips

Boom Monk Ben

The Revenge

Saturday 13th June

Basement Jaxx

Orbital

Dizzee Rascal

Ali Herron

Wave Machines

Sunday 14th June

The Prodigy

Placebo

Biffy Clyro

The Wombats

Erol Alkan

Rob da Bank

Others confirmed

Super Furry Animals

Pete Tong

David Guetta

Zane Lowe

DJ Yoda

Crookers

Brodinski

Holy Fuck?!

When'd the line-up get so good? I was pretty damn happy when the first 4 were announced, but Flaming Lips and Placebo!! Wtf?! I'm so happy, even more so about 15 seconds ago when I realised I could infact go  :thumbsup:

Why would you want to do the VIP camping? Full of posh cunts.

Fit?!

You quite clearly stated earlier in this very thread you had no idea about the VIP area, yet you have an opinion on it?  ???

For the record, VIP area = lazy campers, Posh cunts = hotel nearby.

I hope I don't meet you there.

Incorrect.

You chould have gone to OneUp and bought your tickets there, even cheaper & you're helping out your local independent record store.

Holy Fuck?!

When'd the line-up get so good? I was pretty damn happy when the first 4 were announced, but Flaming Lips and Placebo!! Wtf?! I'm so happy, even more so about 15 seconds ago when I realised I could infact go  :thumbsup:

Fit?!

You quite clearly stated earlier in this very thread you had no idea about the VIP area, yet you have an opinion on it?  ???

For the record, VIP area = lazy campers, Posh cunts = hotel nearby.

I hope I don't meet you there.

Spot on, with all your points above!  :thumbsup:

Should be a cracking weekend.

I have to say that with the flaming lips, super furries, orbital and basement jaxx rockness is looking pretty good.

Placebo, i tend to view as more of an actual medicine than a placebo. They remind me of a suppository- not much fun to experience and generally pretty shitty (IMO)- but then i just can't fucking stand brian molko's whiny voice and reckon he's an arsehole of the highest order. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some cracking acts added to Rockness today:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/09/090326f.shtml

"The Aliens, Just Jack, Alabama 3, and Pendulum (DJ set), are some of the latest additions to this year's Rock Ness line-up.

Main Stage line-up sees The Aliens added to Friday, Saturday has Just Jack, and Sneaky Sound System, whilst Sunday has Tommy Reilly, Baddies, Tulips, and The Cuban Brothers.

New DJ additions include Annie Mac, Jaymo, Andy George, Pendulum (DJ set) and MC Jakes, Layo & Bushwacka!, Chase & Status, MC Rage, and Scratch Perverts.

They are joined by The Whip, and The Japanese Popstars.

Fat Sams Arena on Saturday line-up now includes Alabama 3, The King Blues, Frightened Rabbit, Wave Machines, and Detroit Social Club.

Whilst The Sunday Best Arena will host Dubfire, a DJ set from Mylo, and Kissy Sell Out (live). "